Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Display Only Current Page in Page Title

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-21-2007, 01:20 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Display Only Current Page in Page Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by newattraction
For version 4.1.6, there's no need to change configuration.tpl. Just add an option "G: Current Page Only" to cell titled "page_title_format" in xcart_config table (around page 5) using phpMyAdmin, and select this option G from backend Admin.

I did the above, something isn't right because, although I see the options in admin and can select them, (the letters A, D, ang G don't show up in the selection). Futher, the option for Current Page Only doesn't show the current page only. It shows as if I had selected option D. The original two work as far as showing the title as expected in view source. G doesn't. In addition, the :: parts are still there even though not in the text for the selections, I'm using - instead.

Maybe I did something wrong here in the database part. The database shows nothing under the functions section for any of the rows. Under the variants column I changed the variants field value to:

A: Shop name - Category name - Product name
D: Product name - Category name - Shop name
G: Current Page Only

Is there anything else to change or something missed? Thanks for any help with this!
My SQL 5.0.24
DSEFU Mod
Cartlab CSS Skin
Several other mods
Self-Defense Weapons
Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Thumbs up Re: Display Only Current Page in Page Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat
I did the above, something isn't right because, although I see the options in admin and can select them, (the letters A, D, ang G don't show up in the selection). Futher, the option for Current Page Only doesn't show the current page only. It shows as if I had selected option D. The original two work as far as showing the title as expected in view source. G doesn't. In addition, the :: parts are still there even though not in the text for the selections, I'm using - instead.

Maybe I did something wrong here in the database part. The database shows nothing under the functions section for any of the rows. Under the variants column I changed the variants field value to:

A: Shop name - Category name - Product name
D: Product name - Category name - Shop name
G: Current Page Only

Is there anything else to change or something missed? Thanks for any help with this!

This was only tested in version 4.1.6. I'm not sure if this works with other 4.1.x versions. Please make sure that version 4.1.6 is what you have.

Please see the attached 2 screen shots:
1. my "page_title_format" cell in "xcart_config" table.
2. my "SEO options" section of "General settings" (backend) - showing these three options in the drop down box "Page title format".

Nothing (in any php or tpl files) was changed.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mysql_cell.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	298  Click image for larger version

Name:	General_Settings.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	299  
Old 03-25-2007, 12:04 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply! Well, I'm on 4.1.6, all looks like I have it except for the :: part was replaced with a - . Anyway, I went ahead and put that free mod from the BCSE site that has the custom meta title tag added to the categories, so that is pretty good. Just wanted to optimize the code a little from the auto stuff. Not too concerned about the display to the users. Thanks!
My SQL 5.0.24
DSEFU Mod
Cartlab CSS Skin
Several other mods
Self-Defense Weapons
Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Advanced Member

Default For 4.1.3

For 4.1.3 it worked fine to just combine the instructions in the previous posts...

Edit skin1/customer/home.tpl and replace everything between the <TITLE> tags with the following:

Code:
<TITLE> {if $config.SEO.page_title_format eq "A"} {section name=position loop=$location} {$location[position].0|escape} {if not %position.last%} :: {/if} {/section} {elseif $config.SEO.page_title_format eq "D"} {section name=position loop=$location step=-1} {$location[position].0|escape} {if not %position.last%} :: {/if} {/section} {elseif $config.SEO.page_title_format eq "G"} {section name=position loop=$location} {if %position.last%}{$location[position].0|escape}{/if} {/section} {/if} </TITLE>

AND THEN

Add an option "G: Current Page Only" to cell titled "page_title_format" in xcart_config table (around page 5) using phpMyAdmin, and select this option G from backend Admin. For graphic detail on how phpMyadmin will look- see the illustrations on this page.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by newattraction
For version 4.1.6, there's no need to change configuration.tpl. Just add an option "G: Current Page Only" to cell titled "page_title_format" in xcart_config table (around page 5) using phpMyAdmin, and select this option G from backend Admin.

Trying to remove the :: From within the title X-Cart version 4.1.8 with SEO Mods done

Sorry but dont understand where you mean above

www.mobile-phone-batteries.co.ukv4.4.5 gold
www.qualitechnic.co.uk v4.4.5 gold
Add-on: X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions