Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Change CDSEO page title

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 AM

Advanced Member

Question Change CDSEO page title

My x-cart site has CDSEO, and each page has its own CDSEO page title.

Under certain circumstances (when a certain parameter is part of the URL), I would like to add something to the CDSEO page title.

Example:
Let's say that for page www.mysite.com/pageurl.html I have the CDSEO page title "CDSEO page title".
For the same page but with a certain parameter (that I know how to recognize), www.mysite.com/pageurl.html?parameter1=Parameter, I would like the page title to be changed to the same CDSEO page title, only with the parameter added, so the title will be changed to something like ""Parameter - CDSEO page title".

The problem is that no matter what I do in /customer/home.tpl inside the <title> tag, the page title displayed remains the original CDSEO title without the parameter. This is probably because of the way CDSEO works (it probably takes whatever is in the <title> tag and overrides it with its own title).

Anyone have any idea how (or at least where in the code) can I make a (temporary) change to the CDSEO page title that will actually show on the page I am displaying?
Smart Search
PHP 5.2.5
FreeBSD
Old 09-01-2010, 09:44 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Change CDSEO page title

Anyone? I don't need any code solution, I just need to be pointed at whatever file I need to make the change in so the title will indeed be changed...
Smart Search
PHP 5.2.5
FreeBSD
Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Change CDSEO page title

CDSEO will create a canonical link on the ?parameter=X urls so the specific url with this parameter won't be indexed, for this reason typically you wouldn't customize the title for a parameter string. With regard to the title, CDSEO will overwrite anything in the title field as you suspected. To change this you would have to either:

1) Disable CDSEO Product Titles replacement in the CDSEO settings and customize your home.tpl for product titles.

2) Create a filter that runs after CDSEO to replace the title tag again to prepend the parameter.

3) Have a customization done by us to CDSEO (since the portions of the module needed to edit are encrypted).
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4