Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Logging IP numbers

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-30-2004, 08:03 PM

Advanced Member

Default The bottom line with IP Logging

I am currently using X-Cart 3.5.12, and My client keeps getting bogus orders, and I noticed that IP Address logging when a customer places an order has been discussed throughout this thread.

I Have been trying to get this to work for the past 2 days, without success. My register Globals are set to "on" in my PHP, which I read that that might be an issue so even tried altering my .httacess file. I understand that 4.0.+ has the feature, but I am not confident in upgrading or re-designing the site to a version of x-cart that might have more bugs. Hey, what do you know, we found more bugs let's make version 3.1.12.1.2.56.21.23432.44553535.3535....anyways... that's another issue...

So I need some help. I have been racking my brain, over and over. trying over and over, but without any success. If anyone out there has an extra moment and perhaps could share a line by line procedure that would work with 3.1.12. I, and I am sure, others would greatly apreciate it.

thanks again
Joel
x-cart 3.1.12
Old 10-30-2004, 08:08 PM

X-Man

You do mean 3.5.12 right?
Old 10-30-2004, 09:03 PM

Advanced Member

Default exactly

yes.. A prime example of my brain turning to mush. 3.5.12 is the correct version. I decided to give it one last try, then when i went to test it, UPS Servers were down. I verified this by going to a different site and placed an order. they are still down, and they are the only shipping methods that my client wants to be available. anyways. thanks for the reply
Old 10-30-2004, 09:53 PM

X-Man

Sounds like a bad time.

In my 3.4 store I catch live orders that are funny in the Marketing Manager Traffic Monitor and then add them to htacess.

I also block whole countries and subnet blocks for areas I do not serve and frequently steal my images or snoop too much.

If your problem orders are domestic, all I can suggest is banning on a per-bad-IP basis.

There are lots of good htaccess threads in the Fraud forum.

Good luck.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:13 AM

Advanced Member

Default thanks

I got it working... Once I have the ip, and i look it up on dshield.org, could i actually find out who it is specifically or could i report them to their ISP if they are in the US? Aren't there any laws against this stuff? thanks for all of your help. I did modify the .htaccess folder with a bunch of code from the fraud section. thanks for the advice.

Joel
x-cart 3.5.12
Old 12-06-2004, 04:26 PM

X-Adept

instead of modifying the database structure I just added this to payment/payment_cc.php

Code:
$order_details.=$ship_to; $order_details.="\nIP: " . $_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR]; # # Only logged users can submit orders #

This puts the IP address in the customer notes field.
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpboss
Anyone got this working on 4.0?

4.0.x logs IP addresses with the orders already. They listened.

Carrie

But can you tell us how you display the IP at the checkout like you have on your site but in 4.0.x

i.e Your IP address xxx.xx.xxx.xx is logged for security and fraud checking.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:23 AM

X-Guru

This should work in all versions:

Code:
Your IP address {$smarty.server.REMOTE_ADDR} is logged for security and fraud checking.

That is added to my customer/main/checkout.tpl

Hope that helps!

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Logging IP numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00MER
Code:
db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[orders] (login, membership, total, giftcert_discount, giftcert_ids, subtotal, shipping_cost, shippingid, tax, tax_gst, tax_pst, total_vat, taxes_applyed, discount, coupon, coupon_discount, date, status, payment_method, flag, details, title, firstname, lastname, company, b_title, b_firstname, b_lastname, b_address, b_city, b_state, b_country, b_zipcode, s_title, s_firstname, s_lastname, s_address, s_city, s_state, s_country, s_zipcode, phone, fax, email, url, reg_numbers, vat_applied, ip) values ('".addslashes($userinfo["login"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["membership"])."', '$current_order[total_cost]', '$giftcert_discount', '".@$giftcert_str."', '$current_order[subtotal]','$current_order[shipping_cost]', '$cart[shippingid]', '$current_order[tax_cost]', '$current_order[tax_gst]', '$current_order[tax_pst]', '$current_order[total_vat]', '$taxes_applyed', '$current_order[discount]', '".addslashes(@$current_order["coupon"])."', '$current_order[coupon_discount]', '".time()."', '$order_status', '".addslashes($payment_method)."', 'N', '".addslashes(text_crypt($order_details))."', '".addslashes($userinfo["title"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["lastname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["company"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_title"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_lastname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_address"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_city"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_state"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_country"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_zipcode"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_title"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_lastname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_address"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_city"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_state"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_country"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_zipcode"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["phone"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["fax"])."', '$userinfo[email]', '".addslashes($userinfo["url"])."','$reg_numbers', '$current_order[vat_applied]','$_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR]')");

I have seen this posted numerous times on this thread, for older versions. Is it not necessary in v4? Is there a module that now handles this? We sell alcohol on our site, and would most definitely like to log IP addresses on order placement. What's the best way to do this? I can't even find an 'include/func.php' in v4.0.18.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Logging IP numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth2
I have seen this posted numerous times on this thread, for older versions. Is it not necessary in v4? Is there a module that now handles this? We sell alcohol on our site, and would most definitely like to log IP addresses on order placement. What's the best way to do this? I can't even find an 'include/func.php' in v4.0.18.
Where at in the newer versions is the order data actually inserted into the database? I can make this store IP's, but I can't find where the data is inserted into the database at the time the order is placed.

TN Paintballers LLC
914 N Charles G Seivers Blvd
Clinton, TN 37716
865-457-8000
www.tnpaintballers.com
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions