Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 AM

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
No Infinite scroll not enabled in store.We are running Reboot as skin and with default skin it is also not working.

Please let me know the issue why default search and cloud search is not showing the same results.

Please submit a HelpDesk ticket, we will need to troubleshoot this on your server.
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:46 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Please submit a HelpDesk ticket, we will need to troubleshoot this on your server.

Already posted a ticket and also see the issue not with reboot template only it is also happening in default template also.I have active support subscription active in my account.

Please check the issue and solve the matter.

Thanks,
xtech
Old 03-10-2015, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Already posted a ticket and also see the issue not with reboot template only it is also happening in default template also.I have active support subscription active in my account.

Please check the issue and solve the matter.

Thanks,
xtech

Hi,

We have checked your module installation and it appeared that the module was not correctly installed. In order to modify standard X-Cart search, CloudSearch installer patches include/search.php. The file on your installation is not patched. The reason for that can be insufficient access rights for the php process during the installation.

I suggest you to re-install the module and pay attention to the last installation step especially. If there are any issues, the installer should display them.

Please let me know whether this helps.

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
PhilJ (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 04:04 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Hi,

We have checked your module installation and it appeared that the module was not correctly installed. In order to modify standard X-Cart search, CloudSearch installer patches include/search.php. The file on your installation is not patched. The reason for that can be insufficient access rights for the php process during the installation.

I suggest you to re-install the module and pay attention to the last installation step especially. If there are any issues, the installer should display them.

Please let me know whether this helps.

Can you please look into the issue in the ticket please and patched the relevant file in the support ticket so that cloud search will work.

Thanks,
xtech
Old 03-10-2015, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Can you please look into the issue in the ticket please and patched the relevant file in the support ticket so that cloud search will work.

Thanks,
xtech

Yes, I have forwarded the relevant information to the support engineer who is working on your ticket.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:25 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Yes, I have forwarded the relevant information to the support engineer who is working on your ticket.

He will check and take the needful action so that it will work as expected,please confirm.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:46 AM

X-Adept

Quote:

In the installation file it was not mentioned installer patches include/search.php.So I suggest you to check in the ticket what is the issue with installation.

I have paid monthly subscription for cloud search but it is not working as expected,so I think it should be your responsibility to check properly.

Please see in the ticket and resolve the matter.

Thanks,
xtech
Old 03-10-2015, 04:48 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
What exactly do you want to achieve? Do you want to include this URL along with the search results somewhere on the page?

I just want a search result to be relevant if you cut and paste the search result URL in an email or on a forum away from my site. So if someone says "anyone know where to buy a FUZZLE?" someone can go to my site search for "FUZZLE" then post that search result on that forum so if you click on the link it automatically returns all the FUZZLE's on my website. I see most search engines work in this manner but from what I can tell Cloudsearch does not.

I hope I am making that clear.

Cloudsearch
Abandoned Cart
xCMS
Custom Modifications
Old 03-10-2015, 05:02 AM

Quote:
In the installation file it was not mentioned installer patches include/search.php.So I suggest you to check in the ticket what is the issue with installation.

I have paid monthly subscription for cloud search but it is not working as expected,so I think it should be your responsibility to check properly.

Please see in the ticket and resolve the matter.

Thanks,
xtech

In my previous post I have described what exactly stops CloudSearch from replacing standard X-Cart search engine. The issue is caused by wrong installation of CloudSearch. Let's move the further discussion to the HelpDesk ticket as I hardly imagine someone else will benefit from it being there.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfromG
I just want a search result to be relevant if you cut and paste the search result URL in an email or on a forum away from my site. So if someone says "anyone know where to buy a FUZZLE?" someone can go to my site search for "FUZZLE" then post that search result on that forum so if you click on the link it automatically returns all the FUZZLE's on my website. I see most search engines work in this manner but from what I can tell Cloudsearch does not.

I hope I am making that clear.

Hi,

Thank your for clarifications, I understand your point. The thing is, X-Cart itself works in such a way that it does not preserve search query in a URL, but instead it stores it in user's session.

For example, if you search something on our demo, the URL does not have search query it is just http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/search.php?mode=search&page=1

However there is "This page URL" at the bottom of the page which contains all the navigational parameters including the search substring.

I completely agree with you that copy-and-paste URL behavior is quite natural and should be supported. However this is more of a general X-Cart question rather than CloudSearch.

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
MfromG (03-10-2015)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements