Anonymous to registered customer conversion

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-22-2013, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Anonymous to registered customer conversion

done all the usual cleanup stuff

the button is available

have double checked the code inserts

can't get it too work on 4.6.0

Shame, as it would be brilliant when trying to trace customers by name.

cheers
adrian

https://www.serpro.co.uk
Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
OK here it is! If you have more feature requests please do email us. We may consider making a paid version too if there are a lot of features requested. I just tested this out in 4.5.x before I released it and it's pretty simple, but cool!

http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/free-anonymous-customer-registration-for-x-cart.html?MMCF_xfUnAnonymizer

One bonus we never talked about is we have the option to associate old anonymous orders by the same email address to the new user that is created. I think that feature is a great feature to have that I don't think we discussed but it's in there!

Feel free to donate for it too if you like it. It did take more hours than we usually spend on a free mod.

Carrie

hi carrie,

i just found this 3D, we talked about it during our long speed booster setup.

another big missing in x-cart is that, from a order page, there is no way to know if the customer is a first time or a returning user, and more what he buyer in the past.

for very previous release of x-cart there was a fire tank add-on called "customer history at a glance" but they don't support it anymore and maybe they don't support anything anymore....

the add-on is great, due it helps to know 2 very important (maybe only for me...) things.
1) if the customer is a returning customer (i phone call every customer at his first order if he chooses C.O.D.)
2) i can see what the customer purchased in the past, and it is very important for me too, when i suggest an alternative.

now, the history order i already present in x-cart, if i search an user i can see "customer placed x orders" but the very useful place to see these data is form inside on order detail page instead from user details page.

my2c
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)
Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriant
done all the usual cleanup stuff

the button is available

have double checked the code inserts

can't get it too work on 4.6.0

Shame, as it would be brilliant when trying to trace customers by name.

cheers
adrian

Adrian,
I had this working in 4.5x and now in 4.6.x. Is there an error message when you click to "create user" ?
I discovered that the mod would not work if the customer had special characters in their names and Carrie is aware of this but other than that i have no other issues thus far.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:45 AM

X-Guru

Thanks Austin for reporting this a while ago. I forgot to update the thread that the bug he found was fixed.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Thanks Austin for reporting this a while ago. I forgot to update the thread that the bug he found was fixed.

Thanks,

Carrie

Carrie,
Does this mean we have to download the new version from your site and re-install? Please advise of the process

Thanks
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM

X-Guru

Hi Austin,

Yes download the files and just upload them and you should be set. You can either 'buy' again the free mod or email us with your order # and we can reactivate the link.

Thanks,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 10-07-2013, 08:56 AM

Carrie, thanks for this great mod.

I installed this mod and ran couple of tests and I notice couple of scenarios that don't work well.
First, when the user is created from the anonymous user, it doesn't import any additional fields that were added in the user profile configuration. For example, I have Birthday field that was added which an user is required to enter at checkout. This field was empty when the user was created.

Second, if the user comes back asking to associate all his past orders, but he already created an account himself. So there is already an account with the same email, and in this case the create user button fails. I think, the mod shouldn't create a new user but still associate all the past orders to the account the customer already created.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 11:23 AM

I was impatient and went ahead and played a little bit with the php code, and came up with the solution for the second case I mentioned above .

Please note this is only for version 4.4.
In modules/BCSE_Unanonymizer/func.php
after
//Update the order information reflect new customer
if(is_array($orderids)){
foreach($orderids as $orderid){
db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[orders] SET userid = '$newuserid' WHERE orderid = '$orderid'");
}
}else{
db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[orders] SET userid = '$newuserid' WHERE orderid = '$userinfo[orderid]'");
}
}
}

add
else{
$existing_userid = '';
$existing_userid = func_query_first_cell("SELECT id FROM $sql_tbl[customers] WHERE (login='$userinfo[email]' OR email='$userinfo[email]') AND usertype='C'");
if(!empty($existing_userid)){

//Find other orders with the same email
if($config['BCSE_Unanonymizer']['bcse_acr_all_orders'] == 'Y'){
$orderids = func_query_column("SELECT xo.orderid FROM xcart_orders xo WHERE xo.email='$userinfo[email]' AND xo.userid='0'");
}

//Update the order information reflect new customer
if(is_array($orderids)){
foreach($orderids as $orderid){
db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[orders] SET userid = '$existing_userid' WHERE orderid = '$orderid'");
}
}else{
db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[orders] SET userid = '$existing_userid' WHERE orderid = '$userinfo[orderid]'");
}
}
return $existing_userid;
}

This will get the existing userid with same email, and associate the past orders to that account.
I'm still looking for the solution for the first case though.

thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 05:28 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesunglass
Carrie, thanks for this great mod.

I installed this mod and ran couple of tests and I notice couple of scenarios that don't work well.
First, when the user is created from the anonymous user, it doesn't import any additional fields that were added in the user profile configuration. For example, I have Birthday field that was added which an user is required to enter at checkout. This field was empty when the user was created.

Second, if the user comes back asking to associate all his past orders, but he already created an account himself. So there is already an account with the same email, and in this case the create user button fails. I think, the mod shouldn't create a new user but still associate all the past orders to the account the customer already created.

Thanks

You can drop us an email with the suggestions for these new features. That's the best way to get it into our system and so we can contact you to ask questions.

We had thought this mod might be a good candidate for a 'Pro' or 'Advanced' version that is a paid and supported mod.

Thanks

Carrie

Old 02-26-2014, 11:24 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
We had thought this mod might be a good candidate for a 'Pro' or 'Advanced' version that is a paid and supported mod.
Will you be creating a paid mod with more features? I've held out on installing the free mod because I felt it best to wait for the paid mod.

BTW, does the free download resolve whitesunglass's issue #2 that was discussed in post 47/48? The reason I ask is because many anon users become registered customers with the intent of merging all their anon orders into their new account. To help them do that we would need your module to allow it.
XCart X-PDF
XCart X-HotProducts
AlteredCart Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
BCSE Back In Stock
CFL Holiday Message
CFL System Message
Smack Digital (WebsiteCM) Remember Anon Carts
xcartmods Testimonials
xcartmods reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic
Unix, PHP 7.0 (patched 5.4).
MySQL 5.6
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4