Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

For those having issues with Xpayments....

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Lite Interface & 4.5.5 Issue

No, I have major issues with Xpayments 1.06, api 1.2, Paypal Pro and XCart Gold 4.5.5 with OPC and standard template (books and magazine).

Qualiteam have failed to reply to my bugtracker in over two weeks and I've had to resort to Paypal Standard for my two 4.5.5 sites. I'm not a happy bunny at all and not sure what to do. I have lost ALOT of money and customers are getting frustrated....I refuse to pay for Xcart support for something that should work out of the box.

What confuses me is that my 4.5.4 site with Xpay api 1.1 Paypal Pro works fine. Does any one know if you need to specify the callback i.p of the Xpayments server as the logs are throwing up callback errors? I just keep getting 403 errors from 4.5.5 site when submitting a payment. I don't want to have to keep making real transactions just to see what is happening.

I would appreciate anyones advice right now!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 AM

Advanced Member

Exclamation For those having issues with Xpayments....

Hi all

I was having terrible trouble with Xpayments connector/Xpayments.

I have four sites running 4.5.4 and 4.5.5. One of my sites also has Xpayments 1.0.6 installed on it. I am using Paypal payments Pro.

I was receiving callback and 403 errors etc. on three of my four sites. Lite interface kept switching off on three of them and I couldn't understand it. Weeks have passed with no word from Bugtracker or forums and I have had to deal with loads of frustrated customers and have lost alot of sales.....

But today I had a breakthrough and thought it may help other people struggling with Xpayments etc.

I have discovered that the "optional" field for callback i.p in Xpayments connector isn't so optional. My sites all have dedicated i.ps and have just discovered that you do have to use the i.p of the XPayments install in sites not running under that i.p.

This has angered me immensely as nowhere in the Xpayments manuals etc. does it explain that you may have to use this field if you are running another of site under a different i.p connecting to one Xpayments install. "Optional" does not indicate "may be necessary" Qualiteam!

Obviously, I am not sure about other payment processors than Paypal Payments Pro, but it you are unable to complete a sale successfully or find that Lite interface keeps unticking you may want to fill this in if you are running different sites under different i.ps and connecting to one Xpayments install

I have billed myself 3 x ё0.20 successfully and at last my customers will actually be able to pay!

Not very happy with Qualiteam/X-Cart right now. They could do more to help without charging us. Bad documentation has caused me to loose a small fortune and customer trust.

There are many people having issues like mine on these forums. I only hope that my little breakthrough may help a few of those about to pull out their hair.

The following user thanks loopsound for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: For those having issues with Xpayments....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsound
I have discovered that the "optional" field for callback i.p in Xpayments connector isn't so optional. My sites all have dedicated i.ps and have just discovered that you do have to use the i.p of the XPayments install in sites not running under that i.p.

Which IP address did you enter?

x-cart server IP?
x-payments server IP?

for example, I have an IP address for x-payments (checkout.domain.com) and a different IP for x-cart. Did you enter the x-payments (checkout.domain.com) IP in this field?

IS THE PURPOSE of this field security, or is there something functional also going on here?

Quote:
X-Payments sends callback requests to the store from specific IP addresses. To secure the data transfer and avoid fraudulent requests, specify these IP addresses here as a comma-separated list.

WHICH IP addresses? X-payments? The store? The merchant gateway?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:58 AM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: For those having issues with Xpayments....

Hi carpeperdiem - Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Quote:
Which IP address did you enter?

x-cart server IP?
x-payments server IP?

I used the X-payments server i.p in all my sites X-payments connector.

www.mysite1.com - callback i.p in X-payments connector = X-payments server i.p (eg. 127.0.0.1)
www.mysite2.com - callback i.p in X-payments connector = X-payments server i.p (eg. 127.0.0.1)

My site that is on the same i.p as Xpayments install doesn't seem to need the i.p in the field to work so it may well be a security/Paypal thing but who knows with Xpayments eh?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:30 AM

Veteran

127.0.0.1 is localhost. Maybe this is the reason for the other sites not being able to properly connect?

The IP field on the Connector settings is the IP of the X-Payments installation. It is optional I believe but it is very much advisable to provide considering that X-Payments has to have its own dedicated IP...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 PM

Advanced Member

Hi cflsystems

Quote:
127.0.0.1 is localhost. Maybe this is the reason for the other sites not being able to properly connect?

Just to clarify I used 127.0.0.1 as an example i.p. Obviously, as you have pointed out, this should be set to the i.p of the Xpayments installation which is what I did. Sorry if this was confusing.

I'm am concerned that Qualiteam have marked the field as optional when really if you are running lots of sites on different i.ps pointing to one Xpayments install it is not. The explanation in the manual is not clear for less experienced users. It may be something they should modify and explain a little better perhaps? Could save many people a headache....
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Veteran

Ok that explains it

It wouldn't make sense for the IP to be mandatory since this is the callback IP and X-Payments uses the url not the IP to connect and process. The callback IP is for increased security - just to make sure that the response is coming from the exact same X-payments installation... Since X-Payments should be installed on its own dedicated IP.

I have installed few already and every time connection is ok even without the IP callback being set. So maybe it is something with your installation? Although I would recommend having this callback IP set....
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 AM

eXpert

The Help Note in my 4.4.4 says
Quote:
X-Payments sends callback requests to the store from specific IP addresses. To secure the data transfer and avoid fraudulent requests, specify these IP addresses here as a comma-separated list.

But the manual at http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:X-Payments_Connector supports what 'loopsound' is saying.
Quote:
IP addresses for X-Payments callbacks: enter IP address of the server where X-Payments is installed.

Why would they allow multiple IP addresses if the field is looking for only the single IP address of the X-Payments installation. This is not logical.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 AM

X-Adept

This was a mess back when I first started using X-Payments in Jan 2013. Even QT couldn't figure out what IP was supposed to be in the "X-Payments Call back" field, they ended up doing a trial and error until they got one that worked. I believe it ended up being the IP of my X-Cart installation, which was the complete opposite of what you would reasonably expect , but that what worked and has worked ever since.

Hope that helps, aaaargh.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 PM

eXpert

Since the field allows multiple IPs, I put in both the X-Payments IP (first) and the store IP (second). I still get callback error emails on occasion and don't know why.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions