Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

This was one of my features request for this module. Enable/Disable showing selected filter attributes in products list page (as layout where page numbering is). I know Power Filters, IsayFilters provide such of result.

For sure RefineFilters will continue to surprise us with new features.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
There is something I do not quite understand about this module: It is said it works with product variants but does it?

Lets create a product that has option class "size" populated with S,M,L. Now lets make it as variants and put 0 in size S - (somebody has just bought your last S). X-cart shows S properly as "out of stock". But one can still filter by size S and get this product listed, even if "in stock only" checkbox is checked.

It does not make much sense for me - I believe if a customer wants to find size S, he should get products that have S available, especially with "in stock only" checked. He filters for S that is in stock, right? Or am I missing something?

I still see this issue on the demo page. Do you plan to fix this functionality?

We need that if a user, for example, filter by size S and the stock of this is 0, does not appear in the results.

Awaiting your response. Thank you very much.

Greetings.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 PM

X-Man

I am looking forward to see new features in this module. Those left behind from the first release.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck
I still see this issue on the demo page. Do you plan to fix this functionality?

We need that if a user, for example, filter by size S and the stock of this is 0, does not appear in the results.

Hi,

As I wrote earlier in this thread (http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=356594&postcount=96) X-Cart shows products, not variants in the list so we cannot just hide a product if one or several of its variants are out of stock. If all variants are out of stock the product won't be shown though.

Unfortunately, we did not find a better way to organize it. Your suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
I am looking forward to see new features in this module. Those left behind from the first release.

We are working on new features. Do not worry.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 08:02 AM

X-Adept

Can Refine Filters have drop down boxes for customers to choose from?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakmode
Can Refine Filters have drop down boxes for customers to choose from?

It's not possible by default because Refine Filters implies selection of multiple atributes under one filter while a drop-down box allows to choose one atribute only.

Although it's not supported by default, you may always customize the module and sacrifice the multiple selection ability in favour of drop-down boxes.

If you need our help in customizing it, feel free to contact us (http://www.x-cart.com/contact-us.html)
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 AM

Advanced Member

Hi,

We have just installed Refine Filters on a 4.5.5 shop but for some reason the OrderBy on Product Class Options does not work? I have tried doing cleanup.php in case there is some caching going on but doesnt seem to help? Any ideas and is this working for everyone else?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 PM

eXpert

This module is coming along nicely.

I am missing (qty) information beside each of the filters.
Once I click on a filter box, it should dynamically update the rest of the filters displaying available quantities with that filter applied, and so on.

I would also like to see instant dynamic product display once you click on a filter box. This should be possible via ajax.
Why do I have to click on a filter and then click on show ?

I hope that you can enable and disable filters within product class options (feature comparison) for each option within the class.

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM

X-Man

It could be an AJAX for refreshing page according to the filters, but ...

If you have tons of attributes like brands, sizes, ... imagine that you have to wait the results for every check of the box. This is time consuming, as it is now, RefineFilters allows you to change your mind without reloading page content, you can enable/disable filter attributes without that time consuming. Without seeing this in practice is very hard to decide. I agree AJAX is OK, but imagine you are looking for a motherboard, there are a lot of attributes like brand, socket, size, RAM, ... As you suggest I have to wait page reloading for every attribute, I cannot choose fast two attributes and see the result. It is only one page per selection. I did this on many websites and I got tired, becoming very hungry.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements