Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

So let me get this straight. I requested this feature and was told its not in the module.

I then pay you 266 bucks to make this feature custom for me, Now you post on the forum that is an available feature?

Why did I just pay you to develop this custom feature for you to offer to the world and still charge me?

X-Cart Mobile
X-Cart Snippits
X-Cart Refine Filters
X-Cart Cloud Back UP
X-Cart Make Model Year
X-Cart Abandon Cart
X-Cart Brain Tree Module
WebsiteCm - CMS Blog
WebsiteCM - SDSEO Pro
WebsiteCM - Custom Tabs
Website CM - Product A-Z Map
BCS - Pre Order
BCS - Quote Module
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM

Advanced Member

THIS IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING.

Above you can see me asking for this feature and being told its not in the current version but could be in the future.

I take the next step and request a quote from x cart to develop this feature for me and the quote was 266 bucks to complete and I paid it and is currently STILL in development with no code on my site.

You tell me on the forum today that this feature is ready to download and you dont even realize that I have paid you for this custom work and I DONT even have the feature on my site.

This is just plain pathetic that you would charge me 266 and tell me it would take 3 weeks to complete and you have already completed it and offered it on the forum and I dont even have the code on my own site that I paid for.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
We've added the ability to open a page with pre-selected filters. Now you can choose necessary filters, click "Show products", right-click at a new "URL" link at the left bottom corner of filters section and choose "Copy link location" (or similar) in the menu. Then you may open the link in another browser and make sure that it shows only the products you saw when copied the link. Also, the filter parameters are pre-selected.

X-Cart Mobile
X-Cart Snippits
X-Cart Refine Filters
X-Cart Cloud Back UP
X-Cart Make Model Year
X-Cart Abandon Cart
X-Cart Brain Tree Module
WebsiteCm - CMS Blog
WebsiteCM - SDSEO Pro
WebsiteCM - Custom Tabs
Website CM - Product A-Z Map
BCS - Pre Order
BCS - Quote Module
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Did you update the help information according to this new feature?

Yes, I remember. It will be updated soon. Thank you.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
@Vladimir: I worked with Sandra on Color Swatches + Icons + Detailed Images for Variants. We extended the work to use Icons on Options. If you remember one of my requests to you was to give more life to filter box in Front-End (color swatches for example). It is not a big deal. For a small amount or for free you can offer this new feature to all: Products Option Icons in Refine Filters.

I really do not think that icons or color swatches attached to options will work. You see, there may be two options with one name but different icons so it's not eviden which icon should be shown for a corresponding filters attribute.

Instead, we are planning to create a separate list where all the attributes will be listed. An admin will be able to set an icon or a color there.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (04-10-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
THIS IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING.

Above you can see me asking for this feature and being told its not in the current version but could be in the future.

I take the next step and request a quote from x cart to develop this feature for me and the quote was 266 bucks to complete and I paid it and is currently STILL in development with no code on my site.

You tell me on the forum today that this feature is ready to download and you dont even realize that I have paid you for this custom work and I DONT even have the feature on my site.

This is just plain pathetic that you would charge me 266 and tell me it would take 3 weeks to complete and you have already completed it and offered it on the forum and I dont even have the code on my own site that I paid for.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Well, as you may see from my last posts in this topic the module is in active development. We promised to add URLs for filters and we did it. There is nothing to rant about here.

Luckily, the task was not started yet so we can refund you the URLs part of the task. Please note that in this case you will need to re-install the module to get the new feature. Alternatively, we may re-install it for you instead of refunding the money. I believe the tasks are equal in terms of cost.

Please reply in the complaint ticket in Help Desk.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 AM

Advanced Member

Planing on purchasing this module but would like to know if the following two features has been implemented.

Quote:
Instead, we are planning to create a separate list where all the attributes will be listed. An admin will be able to set an icon or a color there.

Has the color feature been implement as yet for this module?

Quote:
Thank you for pointing this out, philrisk. Although, we have already planned implementing SEO URLs for Refine Filters, .

Also has the SEO function been implemented?

Thanks
regards
Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
Planing on purchasing this module but would like to know if the following two features has been implemented.

Has the color feature been implement as yet for this module?

Also has the SEO function been implemented?

Thank you for interesting in our module. The color feature is in development right now so I recommend you to wait for it a bit. I'll leave a message in this ticket when it's ready.

As for SEO function, we've implemented URLs for filters so you can give your customers an URL to a page with pre-selected filters attributes. However, we decided not to use filters or attributes names in the URL itself as in some cases it may have bad influence to site SEO.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:10 AM

X-Man

I agree. Refine Filters needs a way to upload icons for your options (color swatches, size icons, ...). This will give life to this important store module. I am pretty sure Vladimir will do a great job in this way. As prove you can check the functionality of this module inside the demo version. Even I recommended to a few developers improvements, only Qualiteam took them in consideration.

I have in mind a few more features for this module, but I am doing the research for the moment.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 AM

eXpert

Quote:
As for SEO function, we've implemented URLs for filters so you can give your customers an URL to a page with pre-selected filters attributes. However, we decided not to use filters or attributes names in the URL itself as in some cases it may have bad influence to site SEO.

Ok. So let me get this straight... I gather the "bad influence to site SEO" you are referring to is the duplicate content issue that was raised a little while back. Yes? Also, would you say the colour feature is a week away, 2 weeks away, a month away?? I'm not sure if I can hold my breath much longer.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 AM

X-Man

@Vladimir - it is a good idea to get visible the URL in Front-End, but I don't like to see it permanently there. This URL could be used by owner of the store in newsletters, and sometimes by users who want to promote for example in a blog that filtering result.

About SEO, I agree you. For a while I was confused what way to choose. Making Google indexing filtering results could create lot of issues. I don't think customers are really so smart to search for filters (e.g. laptop price 190 200). What happens if the price is 180 instead of 190? How this page could have a good SEO including Page Title, Page Description? My conclusion is not giving SEO facilities to this module.

We can implement other things much useful ...
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements