Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

change product on drop down select

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-31-2005, 09:48 PM

Default change product on drop down select

I created this for a site I am doing and I thought I would post it for anyone looking to do the same since I could not find it posted here.

What I have is t-shirts that are the exact are same type just either a differnet size or a different color. So I created a dynamically populated drop down system on the product detail that shows the colors and sizes available for the current product and on select of a new color or size the page updates to the new product.

It's pretty simple. This is all assuming you have a field named 'size' that has the value of (small, medium,large,etc) and a field color with all or any colors (Black, White, Blue, Read, etc). These are both varchar fields in my products table.

This was done on version 4.0.9

Add this to your product.php page anywhere after line 50 (on unmodded product.php)
Code:
$vCategory = $product_info["categoryid"]; $vProduct = $product_info["product"]; $vColor = $product_info["color"]; $vSize = $product_info["size"]; # # Get all sizes # $all_sizes = func_query("SELECT DISTINCT $sql_tbl[products].productid, size FROM $sql_tbl[products] INNER JOIN $sql_tbl[products_categories] USING (productid) WHERE product = '$vProduct' AND categoryid = '$vCategory' AND color = '$vColor'"); $smarty->assign("all_sizes", $all_sizes); # # Get all colors # $all_colors = func_query("SELECT DISTINCT $sql_tbl[products].productid, color FROM $sql_tbl[products] INNER JOIN $sql_tbl[products_categories] USING (productid) WHERE product = '$vProduct' AND categoryid = '$vCategory' AND size = '$vSize'"); $smarty->assign("all_colors", $all_colors);

Place these in customer/main/product.tpl - anywhere you want them to show on the page.

Size Drop down:
Code:
<SELECT name="product_sizes" class="InputWidth" onChange="self.location=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value"> {section name=size_num loop=$all_sizes} <OPTION value="product.php?productid={$all_sizes[size_num].productid}&cat={$cat}"{if $product.size eq $all_sizes[size_num].size} selected{/if}>{$all_sizes[size_num].size}</OPTION> {/section} </SELECT>

Color drop down:
Code:
<SELECT name="product_colors" class="InputWidth" onChange="self.location=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value"> {section name=color_num loop=$all_colors} <OPTION value="product.php?productid={$all_colors[color_num].productid}&cat={$cat}"{if $product.color eq $all_colors[color_num].color} selected{/if}>{$all_colors[color_num].color}</OPTION> {/section} </SELECT>

I hope this helps someone.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:27 AM

eXpert

Do you have an example URL that would help us visuallize what this would look like.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 AM

I will next weekend when the site goes live. I will be sure to post a URL.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Image change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstillwell@aerostich.com
Do you have an example URL that would help us visuallize what this would look like.

I love the site and the image roll overs. Is that custom code you wrote in order to have the clothes changes colors? Like red, black, blue etc... and it changes the big image.

That is exactly what ive ben looking for. Did you write that? If so, do you sell the code?

Thanks\\SG
Old 09-15-2005, 09:47 AM

Was this going to be posted eventually? Hopefully?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish
I will next weekend when the site goes live. I will be sure to post a URL.
Redhat 7.2
Perl 5.006001
PHP 4.1.2
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions