Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to change QTY of products ordered when on 'Payment Details' screen?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM

Default How to change QTY of products ordered when on 'Payment Details' screen?

We have version 4.2.1.

Today we tried to activate a feature in checkout which will enable users to change the amount of products they want to buy....no matter what page they are on when checking out. Please see screen shot at http://www.stream-tek.com/screen.gif for a visual of what screen im' talking about.

When this feature inside admin area is set to 'ON', it still does not give me an option to modify the quantity of products on the page i reference above. The only time i can modify the products is when im' adding the products to the cart for the FIRST TIME.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Is there any way to activate this within the x-cart admin area? I tried going to X-Cart Admin -> Administration -> General Settings -> Appearance Options -> Cart & Checkout and put everything to ON...but no luck.

2. If this can't be done inside the x-cart area, we just need to know which files we need to modify to make this work?

If you go to our site at stream-tek.com and create an account you can get a better feel of what were talking about. You will see that when your FIRST adding the product to the cart it will give you an option to change quantity and delete products. But when you reach screen after you select your shipping options (Payment Details page) there is no way to change quantity?

Right now we got it so that you can change the quantity and then hit update....but it brings the user back to the very first screen when they FIRST added the products to cart. Instead, we just want to make it refresh the summary screen. Just need to know where these files are located that need editing.

Thank You.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design