Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Development sites and X-Payments?

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM

eXpert

Default Development sites and X-Payments?

I currently have licensed sites (see my signature) using licensed x-Payments 1.0.5.

I put x-Payments 1.0.6 on a different directory of the same site as 1.0.5 and tried it with the existing 4.5.3 site. It charged orders ok, but would not return to the site regardless of whether an order was charged or canceled, so I returned the 4.5.3 site back to x-Payments 1.0.5. I'm glad I tested first before committing to 1.0.6.
[EDIT 2013feb20] The lack of a proper return to my site may be related to the 3rd party theme template I use. I later got a successful return at a 4.5.5 test site when the template was off. When on, there were problems.

I now want to troubleshoot X-Payments 1.0.6, but do not want use my live sites to do it.

I set up an unlicensed 4.5.5 development site and would like to test payment systems with live payments, specifically X-Payments 1.0.6 and Paypal Payflow Pro. The site and X-Payments 1.0.6 module test clears and X-Payments sends the payment method list when requested.

Importing the payment method from X-Payments to X-Cart acts like it is working, but no new payment methods appear on the list.

Is this normal for an unlicensed site, am I seeing a bug, or might there be some other problem?

Is it not possible to test payment systems on an unlicensed development site?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Development sites and X-Payments?

We are currently using an unlicensed test site set to go live next week and are not having any problems.

Are you restricting access to the Xcart test installation? We did experience some initial callback issues because we restricted access to the test installation by IP. Even adding the Xpayments server IP to the allowed list did not resolve the problem, we had to open the test store to all traffic in order to get it to operate correctly for testing.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM

X-Adept

DrHeath,

Are you talking about the IP call back entry in the X-Payments connector settings? If so, did you by chance try entering the IP address of the XC installation you are using instead of the X-Payments IP. I had a terrible time getting the right value in this configuration setting, it ends up the XC IP is the right one. Which of course makes no sense.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 PM

eXpert

drheath, just knowing that live payment could work on an unlicensed site was valuable information. I've been using X-Cart for a long time, so maybe I'm remembering a time when it was not permitted.

Because I got no errors when importing the payment method, I decided to look in the database and see if anything was there.

I found a new Payflow Pro payment method WAS imported. There it was in the xcart_ccprocessors table. It was just not appearing in the pull-down list of available methods.

By manually creating a corresponding payment method entry in the xcart_payment_methods table I was able to activate the payment method and successfully make a live charge and saw a return to the site afterward. I can now experiment with iframe use and see if it works with my 3rd party theme.

So the question now is why a payment method in the database is not showing up in the list of available methods. But at least now I know a workaround for my payment system if it happens when I upgrade live sites.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Advanced Member

I think you are right bullfrog. When I first used xcart v3.x I remember getting grief from them about un-licensed installations when we were in development.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 PM

X-Cart team

Moved to X-Payments issues & questions

It is OK to use unlicensed copies for test and development provided these copies are not accessible from the rest of the Internet.
X-Payments product manager
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions