X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-25-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
I apologize, please look at the specified files:

sql/xcseo.sql
sql/xcseo_lng_US.sql

And copy the SQL commands from there. The install instructions refer to those files so that the instructions are less redundant/shorter, since the SQL is the same across 4.0.x,4.1.x

I took all the text from those two files and attempted to patch SQL, got the following error:

Quote:
SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
INSERT INTO xcart_config (name,comment,value,category,orderby,type,defvalue ) VALUES ('xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','','XC_SEO',10,'text','')

Previously, I was able to patch using the SQL text from the upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5 text file.

Maybe I need to "start over"?

X-Cart Gold Version 4.1.9 for www.sundogtrading.com
X-Cart Pro Version 4.2.3 for www.heavyglare.com
Old 10-25-2006, 11:00 AM

X-Wizard

Scott, I'm not sure how you got the error in your previous message (since the error actually referenced the individual .sql files..., unless you copy/pasted in the lines sql/xcseo.sql into the actual SQL box...)

If you're just upgrading, then as the upgrading instructions showed, you can just paste the specified SQL text. If you're installing from scratch, you can paste the sql from each .sql file (or do the Browse option to upload each SQL file).

It would be best for you to start over on the SQL part, execute the sql/xcseo_remove.sql file (or copy it's contents into a SQL text box and execute), then install the xcseo.sql and xcseo_lng_US.sql files

For a quick reference, here is the SQL to uninstall XC SEO:
Code:
DELETE FROM xcart_modules WHERE module_name='XC_SEO'; DELETE FROM xcart_config WHERE category='XC_SEO'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='module_descr_XC_SEO'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='module_name_XC_SEO'; # Added in v1.1.5 DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='option_title_XC_SEO'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_keyword_injection'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_category_rewrite'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_manufacturer_rewrite'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_product_rewrite'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_staticpage_rewrite'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_simplesearch_rewrite'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name='opt_xcseo_redirect_robots';
Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 AM

The sql delete and patch worked, thanks.

Now, do I add:

Quote:
Update: the change that is needed for include/func/func.core.php in 4.1.x, should be done in include/functions.php for 4.0.x

To my include/func.php?

Old 10-25-2006, 11:12 AM

X-Wizard

The reference to include/functions.php is intended for include/func.php, as you already figured out. And yes, the include/func.php modification is highly recommended, so that Search Engines don't pick up SessionIDs on each url that they visit in X-Cart.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 AM

Thanks so much intel! The last Google index found 2412 urls it could not follow, basically my catalog. So hopefully this update will solve that (I'll let you know).

Concerning the Froogle issues, I did update my froogle.php with the two pieces of code in your INSTALL 4.0x file but still get those characters. Here are the relevant sections of my froogle.php

Quote:
if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../../"); die("Access denied"); }

################################################## ##########
# X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/
if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])) {
include $xcart_dir."/modules/XC_SEO/loader.seo.php";
}
# END SEO

set_time_limit(0);

Quote:
$product['price'] = $tmp['taxed_price'];

# X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/
# The following has been commented out and replaced
#
# # Post string
# $post = substr(str_replace(array("\t","\r","\n"), array(" ","",""), $product['product']), 0, 80)."\t".
# $product['descr']."\t".
# $http_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t".
# $tmbn."\t".
#
# SEO replacement code begin
#
# Post string
if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])){
# Build SEO URL
$prod_url = $seo->_product_callback(array(false,'','productid='.$pr oduct['productid'],'',''), true, $product['product']);

$post = substr(str_replace(array("\t","\r","\n"), array(" ","",""), $product['product']), 0, 80)."\t".
$product['descr']."\t".
$http_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/".$prod_url."\t";
}else{
$post = substr(str_replace(array("\t","\r","\n"), array(" ","",""), $product['product']), 0, 80)."\t".
$product['descr']."\t".
$http_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t";
}
$post .= $tmbn."\t".
# End SEO
$product['productid']."\t".

Old 10-25-2006, 03:17 PM

X-Wizard

Scott, please post the 2nd bit of code again, but this time marking it in CODE blocks instead of QUOTE blocks. I'm seeing some issues in the code you posted, I want to make sure it's not just due to the QUOTE block
Old 10-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Code:
if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../../"); die("Access denied"); } ############################################################ # X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/ ############################################################ if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])) { include $xcart_dir."/modules/XC_SEO/loader.seo.php"; } # END SEO set_time_limit(0);
Code:
$product['price'] = $tmp['taxed_price']; ############################################################ # X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/ ############################################################ # The following has been commented out and replaced # # # Post string # $post = substr(str_replace(array("\t","\r","\n"), array(" ","",""), $product['product']), 0, 80)."\t". # $product['descr']."\t". # $http_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t". # $tmbn."\t". # # SEO replacement code begin # # Post string if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])){ # Build SEO URL $prod_url = $seo->_product_callback(array(false,'','productid='.$product['productid'],'',''), true, $product['product']); $post = substr(str_replace(array("\t","\r","\n"), array(" ","",""), $product['product']), 0, 80)."\t". $product['descr']."\t". $http_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/".$prod_url."\t"; }else{ $post = substr(str_replace(array("\t","\r","\n"), array(" ","",""), $product['product']), 0, 80)."\t". $product['descr']."\t". $http_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t"; } $post .= $tmbn."\t". # End SEO $product['productid']."\t".

Old 10-26-2006, 03:26 AM

X-Wizard

okay, from what I can see, there's nothing wrong. Scott, do you still get errors if you DISABLE xc seo & export for froogle? I'm thinking that any issues you're having, is related to the Froogle module, not xc seo...
Old 10-26-2006, 07:09 AM

I unchecked the XC SEO mod and did a froogle export and the offending characters remained. Weird, since I was not getting these errors before I installed this Mod. Thanks for your help intel.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:12 AM

X-Wizard

Scott, one additional test would be to get a fresh copy of X-Cart 4.0.19, replace your froogle.php file with the fresh copy, and test again. That should remove *any* doubts.

Cheers
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions