Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

Advanced Member

Default Re: TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

Hi all!

Some of our clients have had a requirement for this mod but have been unable to purchase it from Telafirma. Therefore we've rewritten the mod from scratch - and here it is: http://www.xcartmod.com/cart/product/dynamic-images.html

Our version also includes a .diff patch file to make install quicker - this may not work on heavily modified sites - so we've included pre-modified files for your reference.

You can read our announcement about it in the third-party add-ons forum here

We know there are a lot of people who really like this mod and have been using it for some time, so we'd like you offer you a 15% discount on our new release - which provides a lifetime license with free updates.

Please enter the voucher code 'DynamicImages15' when purchasing the module from our site (please note you will need to register to use this voucher).

If anyone has any suggestions of how we can improve the mod please feel free to let me know. If you need any assistance removing the previous version and replacing with ours please let me know.

Best regards,

Craig Baxter
xCartMod.com
Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 AM

X-Adept

This looks like a good offer. However, I'd like to ask if it is open source as I'm not sure Telafirma was breaking the open user license by encrypting Cerdmann's Thumb script?

Luckily I had Telafirma's mod and an open source X-Cart version utilising Cerdmann's thumb. When Telafirma's broke on my new server move I was able to replace his work with X-cart's interpretation.

Dan

and

Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Banned

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUK
This looks like a good offer. However, I'd like to ask if it is open source as I'm not sure Telafirma was breaking the open user license by encrypting Cerdmann's Thumb script?

Luckily I had Telafirma's mod and an open source X-Cart version utilising Cerdmann's thumb. When Telafirma's broke on my new server move I was able to replace his work with X-cart's interpretation.

Dan

Hi Dan,

A couple of answers here:

1. We don't make use of Cerdmanns Thumb script or any other parties code - it's all ours
2. There is a single file that's encrypted - it acts as a license key - the code within it would not normally need to be modified in anyway to customise the display of the mod.

Hope that's ok.

Regards,

Craig
Old 12-10-2008, 08:09 AM

X-Adept

This is great as I was stuffed when it broke and I couldn't alter the code or get hold of Telafirma. Thanks for the clarification.

Dan

and

Old 12-10-2008, 08:56 AM

Advanced Member

Awesome! I'll be looking into this further when I have some time. Glad somebody picked up the ball here.

Too bad so many of us are out the money we spent on TelaFirma's mod.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4