Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro 2.2.0 not placing friendly urls categories on llist

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-08-2018, 11:41 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro 2.2.0 not placing friendly urls categories on llist

Php ver 7.1 on the server - but that's been there for a while. It's only something Ive just noticed - so could have been there a while. The weird thing is - it only affects category url's , I clear the cache / refresh - and the friendly category urls return , I then click a category - refredh the page or go back to the shop root and the category url's are back to the unfriendly home.pgp?cat=123 etc

Im presuming the .htaccess is ok ? , cdseo pro is setup correctly ie category 'replacement toggles' are all set to ON
Any ideas ?
php 7.x
Old 10-08-2018, 12:16 PM

X-Wizard

It sounds like /cache is getting corrupted and forgetting that this module (and others?) is active. Maybe the host can help identify why this directory needs to be constantly refreshed.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:15 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1967
Php ver 7.1 on the server - but that's been there for a while. It's only something Ive just noticed - so could have been there a while. The weird thing is - it only affects category url's , I clear the cache / refresh - and the friendly category urls return , I then click a category - refredh the page or go back to the shop root and the category url's are back to the unfriendly home.pgp?cat=123 etc

Im presuming the .htaccess is ok ? , cdseo pro is setup correctly ie category 'replacement toggles' are all set to ON
Any ideas ?

This does sound quite out of the ordinary. I think it will be hard to figure out without just jumping in to look to fix it. If you need help drop us an email but something is going wrong with it for sure.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 10-24-2018, 04:41 PM

X-Wizard

Hi Voodoo,

I just upgraded my test store to v4.7.10 and PHP 7.2 on the Ideal Responsive template (Phil's reDUX not ready yet) and it's working fine. Please try the following.

1. Download a fresh 7.1 version of CDSEO Pro

2. Upload the new 7.1 files.

3. Recheck the installation using the 7.1 instructions https://www.smackdigital.com/downloads/cdseo-installation-4.7.x.html

4. Update your htaccess file using to the full code provided below and the link above.
Code:
# ------------------------------------ # CDSEO Pro # ------------------------------------ # This directory index is recommended to replace the # x-cart default within this .htaccess file DirectoryIndex home.php index.html index.php # Enable mod rewrite engine RewriteEngine On # .htpasswd protection # May be required if your htpasswd files are located below document root (i.e. cpanel) # Remove # at the beginning of this line if your unable to access password protected folders: ErrorDocument 401 "Unauthorized" # Uncomment the two lines below to force trailing slashes on folders #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/[^\.]+[^/]$ #RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1/ [R=301,L] # Uncomment the two lines below force HTTPS on all pages #RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$ #RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L] # Some servers require this Options directive to be disabled # Remove # at the beginning of this line to disable: #Options -Multiviews # Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be enabled # Remove # at the beginning of this line to enable: #RewriteBase /xcart/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(payment|admin|provider|partner)/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(gif|jpe?g|png|js|css|swf|php|ico)$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^(.+)$ cdseopro.php # ------------------------------------ # / CDSEO Pro # ------------------------------------
5. Edit your htaccess line #RewriteBase /xcart/ to the following if your store is still www.mydomain.com/shop/:
Code:
RewriteBase /shop/
6. Clear Cache

I wish you success!

Paul
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4