Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Where is X-Cart in the world of eCommerce

X-Cart forums > General > General talk

Old 12-27-2018, 01:04 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Where is X-Cart in the world of eCommerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
I received notification this morning for new post to this thread. This post does not exist in the thread now.

I was just wondering who deleted it - the user or QT. If it was the user - ok. If it was QT - not ok. The post did not break any forum guidelines.

That was my post and it was deleted by QT. I was logged into a client account (accessing the file area) and didn't realize I wasn't posting under my account. I went to delete to post under my account and it was already gone.

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/SmackDigital

LINKEDIN
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smackdigital
Old 12-28-2018, 03:26 AM

X-Cart team

You are absolutely right. You named the problem and it's a fact - X-Cart is much less known in 2018 than Shopify. Our goal is to change this. Our strategy is content, SEO and affiliate marketing. Unfortunately, your method won't work for a precise reason - we already tried it and it didn't. So I am not arguing the problem but the solution.

In the end, we provide much much much better service than Magento and Shopify according to those migrated to X-Cart 5. It's like Nike is much more popular shoes brand that, say, Santoni which doesn't mean at all that Nike is somewhere close in terms of quality. Still only a few heard of Santoni. As a Santoni-of-shopping-carts we have to try harder and offer better service - that's what we do.

In the case where platforms are compared side-by-side X-Cart beats every competitor in a number of ways. But again it doesn't seem to be a common way for customers to choose a platform (unfortunately). 90% of new businesses go with default options like Wix, Shopify or Magento. The others are listen to what their web agency says.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2018, 03:33 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Foley
Problem is, half the people who use XC5 have commented in this thread already.

That's a huge exaggeration.

Happy new year, Tim!
Old 01-01-2019, 05:29 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
...Now I received about 10 emails from XC in the last week or so for modules and software discounts, your blog articles, etc. So your marketing department flooded me with these emails - an already established customer and relationship - while you should have focused on getting new customers...
Great Understatements Of Our Time......

XC5 IS a good product - in our opinion. It could be even better, but that's irrelevant if nobody can see it because it's currently, effectively taking the role of NinjaXC5

FWIW Nearly all of those e-mails smacked of 'desperation' because of the way they were poorly worded - in our opinion. If you are VP Of Marketing at X-Cart Vladimir, then please urgently, understand the big differences between the USA and the rest of the world, specifically, when sending items that use English language (content, style and grammar) to Non-US Countries, that speak English as their native language.

Suggestion? If you are insistent on using a 'scattergun' approach to e-mail updates, then make them generic and NOT USA focused or, use differently worded versions for different countries...That applies to both new and existing customers, if, you want to try and do the job properly...

Example? Ask an American Citizen to spell the word colour, pronounce the word aluminium & then write down the date for you on a sheet of paper. Now asks a UK Citizen & an Australian Citizen to do the same. Finally, carefully compare all the results.... There are many other ways to understand the big differences, but that one's quick and easy.

Our own opinion is pretty much inline with others in this thread. Focus on new customers. Forget all of those too frequent, irritating, overselling attempts that are made at existing customers and... accept that there's many other perspectives besides XC's own. XC are often quite reluctant to accept feedback (unless it's White Knight style...) and that's often disappointing, because it could have easily led to many, unnecessary XC own-goals being avoided.

Finally, for anybody wanting the ultimate marketing challenge and therefore, the XC5 "Elephant In The Room" being named and shamed, then look no further than the shambolic, abysmal copy of all the big software providers' App Stores e.g. Apple / Google aka The Marketplace. Focus specifically on the 'access to upgrades' double selling fiasco. There's a separate thread on that subject in this forum... There's more chance of plaiting fog, than selling that as a rewarding and functional e-commerce service to anybody, until it is redesigned, revamped and relaunched. Forget selling the benefits of deck chairs on the Titanic, focus on avoiding that iceberg that's dead ahead...
   X-Cart forums > General > General talk