Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Default Re: New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

I have exchange my XC PRO(v4.5.1) to GOLD PLUS license now.

What to do next ?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM

X-Cart team

wlan2u, unfortunately we do not have a script which change Pro version to GoldPlus. In this case we would remove or combine some data, since Pro version operates with more count of structure than Gold or GoldPlus.

You know, tasks of removing or combining data should be done very careful, and we do not think that the script may have the needed level of reliability.

So, there are following ways:
- you can use our professional service to change your Pro v4.5.1 to GoldPlus v4.5.3
- you can downgrade you Pro version to X-Cart Gold 4.5.1, then upgrade it to X-Cart Gold 4.5.3. And then apply patch to make it GoldPlus 4.5.3. You see, it is not easy, so please, be very careful and do not forget to make backup.
- you can download fresh X-Cart GoldPlus package and start working with it as new store.

Please, contact our staff via your helpdesk profile and our engineers will find the solutions for you.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:23 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
1) NFR licenses for Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules -

Please contact us using your HelpDesk accounts and let us know your existing X-Cart GOLD and PRO licenses where you need these modules.
As we promised we will give such module licenses free of charge to any X-Cart GOLD or PRO license existed before Sept. 25th 2012.

It looks like this is not really an option - but Gold Plus upgrades MUST have these modules installed, else errors. I commented out the code in a few places that refer to these modules, and then things are OK. I will contact sales to resolve this. Thanks.
J
Old 10-19-2012, 08:00 AM

Hi,

Question: Monebybooker iFrame integration works for X-Cart 4.4 but has been removed from X-Cart 4.5.x.

Is there any reason to prevent Moneybooker iFrame integration from working in X-Cart 4.5.x?

If not, I am considering hiring someone to enable this for X-Cart 4.5.3 since this iFrame integration is still missing for X-Cart 4.5.3.

Larry
Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
unfortunately we do not have a script which change Pro version to GoldPlus
This seems like a requirement. Do you have plans to make an upgrade script to at least convert the database from Pro 4.5.3 to GoldPlus 4.5.3?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:27 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie
This seems like a requirement. Do you have plans to make an upgrade script to at least convert the database from Pro 4.5.3 to GoldPlus 4.5.3?

I downgraded my pro store to gold, then upgraded a gold store to gold plus.

It is not an "easy" job, but not insurmountable.

The database only needs 1 edit.

But it's work. And since the upgrade packs are custom - there is no perfect solution. There will be do-overs and having backups and a planned workflow is essential.

It looks like there will also be a licensing issue for those upgrading to GP from gold -- it appears the stock GOLD upgrade from 4.5.0 to 4.5.3 is defective -- in a stock upgrade test from 4.5.0 gold to 4.5.3 gold, I get the warning:

>> Your shop has installed following module(s): Feature Comparison, Product Configurator, but necessary patches are not included in this upgrade pack

Ah -- but from the pro license, the modules are part of the upgrade pack. So it very much depends on your license and modules.

Basically, it's tricky. Not hard, not complicated, but simply, tricky. You have to have all the ducks in order before you shoot. Then the shooting only takes a few minutes.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:20 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Hello, X-Carters.

First of all, a standard 4.5.2-4.5.3 Gold upgrade pack is ready and available for downloading in your Personal HelpDesk -> File area.

Secondly, Gold -> GoldPlus upgrade pack will be also available within the next two-three working days. Those who exchanged their license from Gold to GoldPlus will be able to download it from the File area as well.

So is the 4.5.3 Gold to 4.5.3 Gold plus available? I don't see the formal announcement except from Rocky back on the 10th that it would be coming out in the next few days.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr
So is the 4.5.3 Gold to 4.5.3 Gold plus available? I don't see the formal announcement except from Rocky back on the 10th that it would be coming out in the next few days.

They will give it to you if you own a license for GP - simply ask sales. I did.

The patch works great.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM

X-Guru

PS -- the patch that they gave me patches the DATABASE
but just so you know, it didn't patch anything else, nor did it move the new modules into place. I expanded the .tgz as instructed from the command line, but the modules didn't get there...

WHAT I DID is I installed a brand new 4.5.3G+ and assigned the updated database (after all patches). This is not going to help someone wit a 4.5.3 store that's built out -- but if you are upgrading from 4.4 or earlier, this is one way to do it.

Signed,
Unwilling to beta test

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
timbrrr (10-20-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim

So, there are following ways:
- you can use our professional service to change your Pro v4.5.1 to GoldPlus v4.5.3
- you can downgrade you Pro version to X-Cart Gold 4.5.1, then upgrade it to X-Cart Gold 4.5.3. And then apply patch to make it GoldPlus 4.5.3. You see, it is not easy, so please, be very careful and do not forget to make backup.
- you can download fresh X-Cart GoldPlus package and start working with it as new store.

Please, contact our staff via your helpdesk profile and our engineers will find the solutions for you.

It sound complicated and really not easly task,
I prefer option 3; install Gold+ and start working with as new store.

Since my live store on the Root dir, can I install the Gold+ in /xcart directory build as new store, once completed move and replace the root dir files ?
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements