Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

A simple fix to pretty the checkout up a little

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-03-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: A simple fix to pretty the checkout up a little

I thought this broke my SSL as well, but I found it was actually the Skype button I added to the top menu calling a java script from the Skype website. I fixed that, and everything is as it should be. This mod didn't effect the security at all for my site, as far as I can tell.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:55 AM

OK, so I've got this almost the way I want it, but how do I get rid of the dialog.tpl for ONLY the checkout process? It's redundant!

http://www.autographedathlete.com/images/dialog.jpg

I thought I could just make another dialog.tpl and name it something like dialog_checkout.tpl remove the row in the table that has the images and change this:
Code:
{include file="dialog.tpl" title="`$lng.lbl_checkout`: `$lng.lbl_step` `$checkout_step` `$lng.lbl_of` `$total_checkout_steps`" content=$smarty.capture.checkout_dialog extra="width=100%"}
to
Code:
{include file="dialog_checkout.tpl" title="`$lng.lbl_checkout`: `$lng.lbl_step` `$checkout_step` `$lng.lbl_of` `$total_checkout_steps`" content=$smarty.capture.checkout_dialog extra="width=100%"}
But I'm obviously wrong! I'm guessing it has something to do with:
Code:
content=$smarty.capture.checkout_dialog
Can someone shed some light?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:31 PM

Advanced Member

can anyone get the sexy checkout to work on 4.1.3? its buggy on here.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:39 PM

Have read through this whole thread and was quite impressed with the work Grant originated here. I tried to implement this customization to my cart but it did not work. I am running Version 4.1.3 of X-Cart and am new to the product, actually had someone else develop our cart, so excuse my limited knowledge. I am trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

What I did discover is that the mod probably didn't work for me since it appears the code dealing with displaying the customer information no longer resides in customer_details.tpl but instead in customer_details_html.tpl under a new subvolume area. This is confusing because the customer_details.tpl does exist just where Grant specified, but appears to not be part of the 4.1.3 implementation. I may be way off on this and I am seeing some customization changes made by the guy who developed my site.

I've experimented with changing the customer_details_html.tpl with no success so far. If anyone has run into this issue implementing this mod in 4.1.3 I would be grateful on knowing how you retrofitted these mods.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:41 PM

Here's what I have working successfully on 4.1.3:

1. Create a new file skin1/customer/main/sexy_customer_details.tpl with this code:
Code:
{* $Id: sexy_customer_details.tpl,v 1 2006/06/01 15:15:52 max Exp $ *} <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td><div class="sidebox"> <div class="boxhead"><h2>{$lng.lbl_personal_information}</h2></div> <div class="boxbody"> {if $userinfo.default_fields.firstname}{$userinfo.firstname} {if $userinfo.default_fields.lastname}{$userinfo.lastname}{/if}{/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.phone}{$lng.lbl_phone}: {$userinfo.phone} {/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.fax} {$lng.lbl_fax}: {$userinfo.fax} {/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.email} {$lng.lbl_email}: {$userinfo.email}{/if} </td> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td><div class="sidebox"> <div class="boxhead"><h2>{$lng.lbl_billing_address}</h2></div> <div class="boxbody"> {if $userinfo.default_fields.firstname}{$userinfo.b_firstname}{if $userinfo.default_fields.lastname} {$userinfo.b_lastname}{/if}{/if} <br/>{if $userinfo.default_fields.b_address}{$userinfo.b_address}{/if} {if $userinfo.b_address_2}<br/>{$userinfo.b_address_2}{/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.b_city}{$userinfo.b_city}, {/if} {if $userinfo.default_fields.b_state}{$userinfo.b_statename} {/if} {if $userinfo.default_fields.b_zipcode}{$userinfo.b_zipcode} {/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.b_country}{$userinfo.b_countryname} {/if} </div> </div></td> <td><div class="sidebox"> <div class="boxhead"><h2>{$lng.lbl_shipping_address}</h2></div> <div class="boxbody"> {if $userinfo.default_fields.firstname}{$userinfo.s_firstname}{/if}{if $userinfo.default_fields.lastname} {$userinfo.s_lastname}{/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.s_address}{$userinfo.s_address} {/if} {if $userinfo.s_address_2}<br/>{$userinfo.s_address_2} {/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.s_city}{$userinfo.s_city}, {/if} {if $userinfo.default_fields.s_state}{$userinfo.s_statename} {/if} {if $userinfo.default_fields.s_zipcode}{$userinfo.s_zipcode} {/if} <br/> {if $userinfo.default_fields.s_country}{$userinfo.s_countryname} {/if} </div> </div></td> </tr> </table>

2. Open skin1.css and add this at the bottom:
Code:
.sidebox { margin: 0 auto; width: 28em; background: url(images/sbbody-r.gif) no-repeat bottom right; font-size: 100%; } .boxhead { background: url(images/sbhead-r.gif) no-repeat top right; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; } .boxhead h2 { background: url(images/sbhead-l.gif) no-repeat top left; margin: 0; padding: 22px 30px 5px; color: white; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1em; text-shadow: rgba(0,0,0,.4) 0px 2px 5px; } .boxbody { background: url(images/sbbody-l.gif) no-repeat bottom left; margin: 0; padding: 5px 30px 31px; }

3. Download the 4 images from the first post and save them in skin1/images.

4. Open skin1/customer/main/checkout.tpl and replace:
Code:
{include file="customer/main/customer_details.tpl"}
With:
Code:
{include file="customer/main/sexy_customer_details.tpl"}

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 PM

Nate,

Thanks for you help with this, I seem to be getting a little closer to fixing the issue now. My text appers to be getting formatted correctly now that I put the changes into fastlane_checkout.tpl instead of checkout.tpl, unfortunatly the boxes are not getting displayed even though I have the images in my images folder. Thinking it was because of lack of qualification on the URL specifiers in the skin1.css, I put in the proper path and still no luck .

Lew
www.iDirectGrp.com
Old 10-06-2006, 12:04 PM

Is it okay to place a test order on your site so I can see what's going on?

I'm not the most qualified on this forum (by a long shot), but I'll certainly give it a try.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:41 PM

It doesn't seem as though you added the css code to your skin1.css file?
If you did, it's not showing, try emptying your templates_c directory!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 PM

Wait a minute....
It appears that you are using skin1_c.css not skin1.css, make sure you put the code in the skin1_c file.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:25 PM

eXpert

This looks great, but so far the code is only for the cusomter address fields. Anyone have code for further areas of checkout???? IE: Cart Details and Payment Method?
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions