Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Egoods: Multiple downloadable files for each product.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Egoods: Multiple downloadable files for each product.

Steve's post was 6 years ago for a 3.5 version of x-cart. he has 5 total posts. I doubt he is going to update the mod for 4.3 Just a guess tho.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 AM

X-Adept

Beside Steve there are various developers in x cart forum to do this complete mods for 4.2 and 4.3 versions.

Thanks for your reply.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM

That's kinda sucks when you paying over 400$ for the licence and as they say on their website COMPLETE product when you can not add more than one file for each product that you are selling.
I am using 4.4.40 and still there is only one ESD file for one product ...

Any one could help me with that? How to add more than one file to product in Pro 4.4.40?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM

X-Guru

You can create a zip archive and add any number of files there. After that attach that single zip file to a product.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 11-09-2011, 03:58 AM

Yes, but WHAT if one product got more than ONE zip file? And what if this files are 200MB each? It is impossible to pack three files 200MB each into a packet of 600MB - first that would take forever to download if someone has got a crappy internet connection (sic!) and second what if the connection with the server will be suddenly ended before someone can finish the download? People got only 5 attempts to download the file (for security reason) - they will be very upset if they will be unable to download something they paid for. I was forced to buy add on to this COMPLETE X-Cart Pro product and now it is working fine ... thank you very much.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:48 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdarkuk
Yes, but WHAT if one product got more than ONE zip file? And what if this files are 200MB each? It is impossible to pack three files 200MB each into a packet of 600MB - first that would take forever to download if someone has got a crappy internet connection (sic!) and second what if the connection with the server will be suddenly ended before someone can finish the download? People got only 5 attempts to download the file (for security reason) - they will be very upset if they will be unable to download something they paid for. I was forced to buy add on to this COMPLETE X-Cart Pro product and now it is working fine ... thank you very much.

You need a 3rd party mod.
Download Expander from Altered Cart is your solution.

It does everything you want.
Rant on to x-cart about their product being incomplete, or just spend $100 and your problem is solved.

Personally, I think the x-cart "company line" is bullshit. We all know what is best for the customer - I think there is some politics and "only supporting your paid marketplace advertisers" stuff -- especially when it comes to this module...

You will learn that the mods from Altered Cart are some of the best mods out there. And the support is beyond superior.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
You need a 3rd party mod.
Download Expander from Altered Cart is your solution.

It does everything you want.
Rant on to x-cart about their product being incomplete, or just spend $100 and your problem is solved.

And this is exactly what I was forced to do - to buy extra module for extra dollars ... and still I will need to buy few more if I want my e-store to be complete ... oh, sorry they already advertised the X-Cart Pro as being the MOST COMPLETE product that you will need to run a web store ... TUT ... sorry but it is not a complete product, if it would be there will be no need for buying those EXTRA modules which could be included in the X-Cart.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:51 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdarkuk
And this is exactly what I was forced to do - to buy extra module for extra dollars ... and still I will need to buy few more if I want my e-store to be complete ... oh, sorry they already advertised the X-Cart Pro as being the MOST COMPLETE product that you will need to run a web store ... TUT ... sorry but it is not a complete product, if it would be there will be no need for buying those EXTRA modules which could be included in the X-Cart.

In FAIRNESS to x-cart, there is NO complete solution for every merchant or every product. Zero. You simply won't find any shopping cart solution that has 100% of every feature for everyone. X-cart has historically had the right balance of features, and an INCREDIBLE 3rd party network and users forum.

For some users, the stock egoods module is sufficient. For everyone else, Altered Cart's solution is a great solution and a good value.

I own about $2000 of mods. It's still WAY WAY WAY cheaper than custom development.

I "check" x-cart marketing-speak when they speak of a "complete" solution... there is no such thing, is there? Everyone's needs are unique, right?

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
qualiteam (11-21-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I own about $2000 of mods. It's still WAY WAY WAY cheaper than custom development.

True
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions