Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Pro in Mall mode -> Only one store

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-05-2002, 12:09 PM

Default X-Cart Pro in Mall mode -> Only one store

Hi, I just installed X-Cart Pro 3.2.1 in mall mode. Installation was flawless. Everything was working (at least I guess). I customized a few scripts and images and it looks not too bad. The registration process is quite confusing (not member, premium ...), errors without error messages etc., but I guess I just have to hide/delete these.

But now as I am getting deeper into x-cart, I realized that mall mode is more like a one big store with several hidden sellers. More like a retail store with a number of wholesale providers.
The online shopper cannot shop in 'his' well known store, but has to buy from the anonymous online store.
I would like to shop by store (provider), category, product, brand name, SKU ...
Anybody operating x-cart in this type of mall mode?
Thanks! G.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:32 PM

eXpert

Hi Gunther,

When I bought v3.1.3a PRO, I expected the providers section to run lkie a "shopping Mall" with individual stores, I have tried to find to find xcart members who are running PRO, check my first post on this subject for the results so far. http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=123&highlight=

Regards,

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 11-05-2002, 04:58 PM

Well, I cannot operate x-cart in the current configuration. I need the mall-stores (providers)! The shipping issue is another side and it might be very helpful to have shipping per store as an option.
I have to see how much it will cost to modify x-cart, or if it makes sense to do it myself. And what about x-cart upgrades and a modified version?
Well, I guess the patch utility could work here.
Lots of things to find out ... and to modify!
It seems that there are not many using it in mall mode as a mall. I did a search and most operate Pro in a way that they don't need different stores.
Gunther
Old 01-28-2003, 09:08 PM

I have the same problem.

Anyone help ?
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 AM

I purchased X-Cart Pro thinking it would do exactly this: each provider would have his own store in the "mall" but the admin would have control over all the stores. Each store would be accessed separately by customers, rather than having all products in one store. If it doesn't do this, I wasted my money. Has anyone found another solution?
Old 05-27-2007, 09:37 AM

Advanced Member

Lightbulb Re: X-Cart Pro in Mall mode -> Only one store

I have the same issue discussed in this thread. The main functionality I am looking for is a way for a provider to link to my store and have only that provider's items listed. I have found it quite easy to, for example, make a link where only products in a certain category are available (e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/store/home.php?cat=131) and that looks great, with a nice description and "Buy Now" button. Now if there were just a nice link like this:

http://www.mydomain.com/store/home.php?provider=1543

Anyone!!! I would think this is a major feature a lot of people would appreciate and use. I'm sure providers want to link to the store and not risk easily showing potential customers their competitors' products and such.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design