X-Cart Adapt Template

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart Adapt Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by buywink
Hello Phil,
I have purchased your x-adapt template and i have sent you a ticket.This is the ticket id- URMWHAE4RT.

These are the problems-

Hello,
I have installed Adapt for my x-cart Platinum store named http://www.gozindagi.com/home.php?shopkey=qwe123RTY
I have several questions as I have not found some of the features and addons-
1)In-Image gallery, with multiple categories and easy upload- have there any admin panel to upload any gallery name in admin adapt options.That is if I want to add gallery name then where to add? I have seen another options named manage uploads I know here i can upload gallery images but if I create any gallery then where to add?
2)Thumbnails lazy loader, which can improve page load-is this built on code?
3)Detailed image popup on thumbnail- I have not seen any detailed image in the thumbnail though it is added as a detailed image please have a look http://www.gozindagi.com/product.php?productid=17551&cat=0&featured=Y
4)General FAQ page, for up to fifty questions and answers-where to add questions from admin language file? Where to display FAQ in store front?
5)Thumbnail and detailed images watermarking !-I have not found any options.
6)Featured, new and random products display,manufacturers-I have found only 2 options in tab one featured and another new arrival.
7) The product wizard, feature comparison in adapt-where to add this?

There are lots of features that I cannot find.Please suggest me what to do?

Thanks.

Do you normally buy things without reading? If so please visit my Ebay store...

Phil doesn't support Platinum, nor does he plan to as of yet (view his reply in this threads).

It seems a bit odd that all your modules aren't working, however this could be down to the files you're using aren't coded for Platinum (Just a guess as Phil hasn't released a version for it yet, I'm not using Platinum so not sure how different the structure is) it could also be that you've missed a steps on the install instructions, or not patched your cart yet.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusadv88
Testimonials admin is still not login-able. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Sounds more like an SQL error, have you checked this? Find this file on the root of your install.

/testimonial_send.php

Failing that go into Phpmyadmin and change your details if you can?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: X-Cart Adapt Template

ADAPT HACK OF THE DAY 1/15/2013

Problem: In WebKit browsers (Chrome & Safari) the dropdown header menus in mobile mode do not render the background color. This causes the the drop down to be plain white (the text is also white) such that the labels "Help & Information" and "Product Categories" are not shown. However since IE, and FF do render the background color you do see labels.

Solution: Add a conditional CSS code for webkit browsers to render the text for the drop down header menus in black. Conditional CSS allow you to target the problematic browser, and fix errors.

In altskin.css (located in skin/adapt/css) find:

Code:
/*-------------------------------------------------------- MOBILE MODE HEADER SELECT MENUS --------------------------------------------------------*/ select.mobile_header_menu, select.mobile_mega_menu, select.mobile_flyout_menu { width: 100%; background: #2887D6 url(../images/gradient.png) center repeat-x; color: #fff; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius: 4px; -webkit-border-radius: 4px; }

Add the following conditional CSS AFTER THIS CODE!

Code:
@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:0) { select.mobile_header_menu,select.mobile_flyout_menu { color:#000; } }

Hope this helps!

SIGHTLESS =)
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksmithxD
Do you normally buy things without reading? If so please visit my Ebay store...

Phil doesn't support Platinum, nor does he plan to as of yet (view his reply in this threads).

It seems a bit odd that all your modules aren't working, however this could be down to the files you're using aren't coded for Platinum (Just a guess as Phil hasn't released a version for it yet, I'm not using Platinum so not sure how different the structure is) it could also be that you've missed a steps on the install instructions, or not patched your cart yet.

Hello,
This was last reply from Phil-" The Gold Plus version should work fine with Platinum, but as I mentioned you'll need to add in any additional modules code yourself, such as product wizard, feature comparison etc."

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64553&page=15 post #143

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Yes it should work fine, although any additional module code (product wizard, feature comparison etc.) would need to be added in by you, but that should not pose much of a problem.

We've had several orders from people intending to use the template on X-Cart Platinum.

Thanks Mike, congrats on your responsive skin too

I HAVE INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY AND AFTER INSTALLATION I HAVE SEEN THAT LOTS OF OPTIONS ARE NOT COMING IN PLATINUM VERSIONS.I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PHIL SAID THAT IT SHOULD WORK ON PLATINUM VERSIONS.

@Phil Please look into the matter and provide me the necessary files to run smoothly in Platinum versions.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 AM

X-Guru

Four features were removed from Gold Plus, in order to make it faster on mobile devices. View the very first post of this thread...

Quote:
The Gold Plus version should work fine with Platinum, but as I mentioned you'll need to add in any additional modules code yourself, such as product wizard, feature comparison etc.

I said the above, because it should not pose too much of a problem to insert the few additional modules template code.

That said, I simply do not have the Platinum files, nor do I intend to support Platinum stores with this template.

So anyone intending to use the skin on Platinum, only do so at your own risk and ensure you have the relevant coding experience to add in the outstanding module code!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 AM

X-Guru

Anyone using CDSEO, please read the FAQs

"My page display breaks after enabling CDSEO, why?"
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 AM

eXpert

My 2 cents.

Adapt finally installed and site is live.
template looks awesome, quicker than my previous 4.4.2 site.

Phil is too busy, but it worth waiting if possible for him to install and do the tweaks.
Great Job Phil, just try to make A copy of yourself , so we will have more availability of Phil2....

Next step is Maxcdn, not simple to install, still busy with it.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Advanced Member

I would like to add the video thumbnails from the product page videos tab to the home page inside the welcome box. Does anyone know what file the video thumbnails and links are located. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Four features were removed from Gold Plus, in order to make it faster on mobile devices. View the very first post of this thread...

I said the above, because it should not pose too much of a problem to insert the few additional modules template code.

That said, I simply do not have the Platinum files, nor do I intend to support Platinum stores with this template.

So anyone intending to use the skin on Platinum, only do so at your own risk and ensure you have the relevant coding experience to add in the outstanding module code!

If I provide you the demo platinum version in order to test all of the features and functionality of Adapt in platinum versions then?

The product wizard, feature comparison in adapt-where to add this?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 PM

eXpert

1. My Cats menu on the left hand side when i expand to view sub-cats and click a link it doesn't take me to that page instead just directs me to the main category and I have to click the link again. Any ideas?

2. Also some of my products under *NEW* on the home page display with a 0.00 price if they have a product variant and I did not set an original price for them just a price in the variants. Does anyone know how to possible modify:

Code:
if (document.getElementById('po778').selectedIndex == 0) { alert('Please select an Option.'); return false; } else return true;

to display the lowest price or any price for that matter if a variant has not yet been selected? Or is there a better way of doing this?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4