Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XCSEO Pro

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: XCSEO Pro

Guys I have an issue that hopefully someone knows the fix to,

In Admin when I click on Patch/Upgrade my XCSEO module kicks me to a 404 page not found (referring to admin/patch.php) despite the file being where it should be (and permissions are correct as well.)

X-Cart Version 4.1.10
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM

X-Guru

Open your .htaccess file. Find a reference to "patch" and add a # at the beginning of the line.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:57 AM

Advanced Member

Angry Re: XCSEO Pro

I have paid for services with phpsitesolutions a week a go and cannot get any response from him to either get a refund or the services that I paid for - warning!!!!

The only constant in life is change
Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM

Veteran

Guess you didn't read this thread before ordering
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 AM

Default Re: XCSEO Pro - Best X-Cart SEO module available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierglass
Try Jon Peters who does CDSEO-Pro at www.websitecd.com

He has installed this on two of my web sites and I could not be happier!

Mike

Ditto. I bought both programs, one for each of my two websites. The cdseopro powered site is working perfectly. cdseopro is an awesome product, and the tech support has been excellent. No complaints for that product and support, only praise.

As for my xcseo powered website, in all honesty, I did get it to work. Interesting, I got it working just before Jon disappeared. Who knew?

Is xcseo everything the developer promised? No. What about tech support? None at this time, just read this thread.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 AM

Advanced Member

Well this is just great.....I have been wondering why JonL has not responded to ANY emails from me regarding another purchase of his software for one of the sites I manage. I get I am lucky after reading this.

This does however bring us ALL to a point where we need to consider very carefully, who we buy software from, and the need for XCART to provide these important software mods so that we do not have to rely on one man companies that can just disappear for what ever reason.

For me, it has been a painful path, as we started using SafetyNetWeb's software DSEFU PRO, which John Heath installed on two of my sites. I had a good relationship with John right up to the point where all hell broke lose earlier this year when his server was down, which brought down many of our sites due to a NON DISCLOSED 'call home' feature in his software.

John then set about quietly fixing everyone's sites, including mine. However later when he found out about my participation in the forum's here on the issue, he let rip with the following email:

"You are a mindless miscreant. You have a lot nerve after asking me for your help all these times of helping you for free. Your business is absolutely NOT welcome NO matter what!!! Please go find a kangoroo hole and dig in. Thank YOU! AND my lawyers are ready for your feeble bullshit if your are ready to post in public forums!"

In the forum discussing the problems we all had, I never once put John down in any way, and in fact I reaffirmed what others were saying about his helpfulness, but still he clearly took offense to me and others not liking the fact that he had this crippling 'call home' feature hidden in his software.

As John had complete access to our servers, I had to change all access and then remove ALL of his software from my sites, and we had a lot of his software in use.

It was at this point that JonL stepped in, claiming to be the better alternative, and up to his recent vanishing act, was very helpful.

So, once again we are stuck using software which may or may not stop functioning at some point and will need to remove it, and find an alternative.

So do I change all of my sites over to yet another one man shows software? I think not, because with each change Google drops my sites as all the links change etc....this is getting VERY costly after spending years building these sites up etc.

It is time for Xcart to step up to the plate, and provide these advanced features we all need. I do not care if they are paid add ons, I just want to know that it is:

1) Fully compatible with Xcart
2) Fully tested to work 100%
3) Has a good support team behind it
4) Not from a one man show

For this to happen, we will ALL need to pressure Xcart to do this. I am not sure how we go about it, perhaps they will read these forums and act, perhaps not.

I will finish by saying this: I am not setting out here to offend anyone, in particular those other one man developers out there as you all help push the envelope of what is possible with Xcart, but, for me at least it is simply not re-assuring enough when the sites I manage, like many of the sites others on here are also, provide my livelihood.

So, can we at least get the dialog started and make this happen?

Wicked Digital | Jacksons Rare Guitars | Boutique Music
Old 11-04-2008, 02:33 AM

X-Adept

Have to agree - X-cart should at least look at adding the basic functionality of certain 3rd party mods to the core product. This would ensure future support and remove the pita upgrade process.

Surely X-cart would/should be doing this as part of the software development process to ensure that their product is industry leading.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:52 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:

It is time for Xcart to step up to the plate, and provide these advanced features we all need.

The next major version of X-Cart(4.2.x) will have a built-in SEO-friendly-urls module.

ex-Head of X-Cart Tech Support Department
ex- X-Cart Hosting Manager - X-Cart hosting
ex-X-Cart Technical Support Engineer

Note: For the official guaranteed tech support services please turn to the Customers HelpDesk.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:59 AM

Advanced Member

That is GREAT news, when will it be released please?

Wicked Digital | Jacksons Rare Guitars | Boutique Music
Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 AM

X-Adept

Wicked --

I could not disagree with you more.

As long as modules do not contain functions dependent on the authors' servers remaining online then there really is no problem. X-Cart only needs to do one thing - provide a certification badge for modules which do not rely on any type of communication with the authors' servers. Other than this, its buyer beware and you should have been more careful jumping from a one man show right to another.

There are a tonne of great addon modules from great authors, one man shows included. Do not forget about all of the reputable companies who have been contributing modules to this community for years.

Most of us are small to medium sized businesses dependent on other small to medium sized businesses to give us the best shopping cart possible for what we can afford. I know you said you didn't want to offend anyone but I expect you did, and I don't understand how your call to get X-Cart to start releasing their own versions of these modules couldn't.

You're obviously frustrated and angry, but don't be angry at an entire community that for the most part is absolutely fantastic. Be careful about what you say about the people who have given us these excellent modules that make our stores better, or go and invest in your own software.

X-Cart Version 4.1.10
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4