Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Registration Non-US Customers?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-18-2004, 09:33 PM

Default Registration Non-US Customers?

Well, I've looked for hours and no real answer.

How does everyone have international users checkout?
Shouldn't there be 2 Address fields, province, town etc? I'm using 3.5 and I don't want to have to edit all the files, but it's looking like I'm going to have to.

Any ideas? If not does anyone know all the files that will need to be modified?

Thanks,

All Best.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:35 AM

We modified the registration form under version 3.4.11 and added an address 2 line for billing, and for shipping. We also added a first name, last name, company for the shipping address too.

We are now in the process of upgrading to 3.5.4, and re processing the changes we made to 3.4.X.

Let me know if you need more information on which files to edit.

Thanks

---------------------
X-Cart: 4.1.11
Apache: 2.0.61
Old 03-19-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Info

Yes Thanks.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one.

So which files did you edit?

The info is much appreciated!
Old 03-22-2004, 06:31 AM

I had to edit...

Database:
xcart_customers:
Add b_address2
Add s_address2

xcart_orders:
Add b_address2
Add s_address2

Templates:
register_billing_address
register_shipping_address

PHP files
func.php specifically the func_place_order function had to edit the insert, and update for orders adding the to added fields to the query
register.php

I beleive both php files are in the ./include directory

Let me know if you need more detailed information

---------------------
Old 03-26-2004, 01:25 PM

Hi---I would like to be able to add some fields as well...could you be a little more specific on what you changed in the php files?

Thanks!
B--
Old 03-29-2004, 08:00 AM

This is one example of what needs to be changed

Code:
# # Insert into orders # db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[orders] (login, total, giftcert_discount, giftcert_ids, subtotal, shipping_cost, shippingid, tax, tax_gst, tax_pst, total_vat, taxes_applyed, discount, coupon, coupon_discount, date, status, payment_method, flag, notes, details, title, firstname, lastname, company, b_address, b_address2, b_city, b_state, b_country, b_zipcode, s_firstname, s_lastname, s_company, s_address, s_address2, s_city, s_state, s_country, s_zipcode, phone, fax, email, url, reg_numbers) values ('".addslashes($userinfo["login"])."', '$current_order[total_cost]', '$giftcert_discount', '$giftcert_str', '$current_order[sub_total]','$current_order[shipping_cost]', '$cart[shippingid]', '$current_order[tax_cost]', '$current_order[tax_gst]', '$current_order[tax_pst]', '$current_order[total_vat]', '$taxes_applyed', '$current_order[discount]', '".addslashes($current_order[coupon])."', '$current_order[coupon_discount]', '".time()."', '$order_status', '".addslashes($payment_method)."', 'N', '".addslashes($order_notes)."','".addslashes(text_crypt($order_details))."', '".addslashes($userinfo["title"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["lastname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["company"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_address"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_address2"])."','".addslashes($userinfo["b_city"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_state"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_country"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_zipcode"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_lastname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_company"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_address"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_address2"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_city"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_state"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_country"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_zipcode"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["phone"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["fax"])."', '$userinfo[email]', '".addslashes($userinfo["url"])."', '$reg_numbers')");

This section used to look like

Code:
# # Insert into orders # db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[orders] (login, total, giftcert_discount, giftcert_ids, subtotal, shipping_cost, shippingid, tax, tax_gst, tax_pst, total_vat, taxes_applyed, discount, coupon, coupon_discount, date, status, payment_method, flag, notes, details, title, firstname, lastname, company, b_address, b_city, b_state, b_country, b_zipcode, s_address, s_city, s_state, s_country, s_zipcode, phone, fax, email, url, reg_numbers) values ('".addslashes($userinfo["login"])."', '$current_order[total_cost]', '$giftcert_discount', '$giftcert_str', '$current_order[sub_total]','$current_order[shipping_cost]', '$cart[shippingid]', '$current_order[tax_cost]', '$current_order[tax_gst]', '$current_order[tax_pst]', '$current_order[total_vat]', '$taxes_applyed', '$current_order[discount]', '".addslashes($current_order[coupon])."', '$current_order[coupon_discount]', '".time()."', '$order_status', '".addslashes($payment_method)."', 'N', '".addslashes($order_notes)."','".addslashes(text_crypt($order_details))."', '".addslashes($userinfo["title"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["lastname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["company"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_address"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_city"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_state"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_country"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["b_zipcode"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_firstname"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_address"])."', '"..addslashes($userinfo["s_city"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_state"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_country"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["s_zipcode"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["phone"])."', '".addslashes($userinfo["fax"])."', '$userinfo[email]', '".addslashes($userinfo["url"])."', '$reg_numbers')");

NOTE the addition of the s_firstname, s_lastname, s_address2, b_address2 fields. This may not be 100% accurate becasue I dont have the oritional file to compare to.

Also you will need to edit the "update" and "insert" statements for the customers table in includes/register.php

Hope this helps...

---------------------
Old 03-29-2004, 10:08 AM

Thank you...but in your previous post you had mentioned "database" files to edit...I can't find those files in my version...3.54 Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:11 AM

P.S. I am just trying to add the first and last name to the shipping information, so they can enter that instead of having to modify it later...I believe you made this customization as well?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:16 AM

Y you will have to edit the xcart_orders, and xcart_customers tables adding s_firstname, and s_lastname to each of these tables. Too you will have to edit the file where the b_firstname or firstname is assigned to s_firstname. This is incase the user does not enter the shipping information. I can not seem to find that file right now, it could be part of the "func_place_order" or cart.php under customers folder.

Ill keep looking, and sorry I dont have full directions typed up as of yet.

Thanks

---------------------
Old 04-04-2004, 06:11 AM

Yes, if you could post that for V. 3.54 that would be great, because I am not finding the files you are referring to....

Thanks!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design