Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

adding flash to the welcome.tpl

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Re: adding flash to the welcome.tpl

Thanks Beetlejuice, I think that is what I will do, can't seem to find any other fix for this.

Michael
CDSEOPro 1.8.8 xCMS 1.31 Easyupsale 2.3
Old 11-06-2009, 12:41 PM

I downloaded Phil's recommended flash banner rotation script. Tested it out in the welcome.tpl, putting the code below {$lng.txt_welcome} . 2 Questions:

1 - Tthe files appear, but are not sized correctly even though I have defined the image sizes. Note if the files render strangely to use banner.swf and simply rename our own file. Will do that next.

2 - However, the client wants the flash file rotation within the welcome text area. Client has one flash file there already and has requested adding a second flash file, same dimensions to rotate in that same space. Adding {include file="banners/banners.tpl"} into the text doesn't work of course. Can it be done here, and how would it be added to that text variable? Or are we limited to having it only below the t{$lng.txt_welcome} in welcome.tpl?

Thank you!
Connie
Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 PM

X-Adept

Thumbs up Re: adding flash to the welcome.tpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by connemara
I downloaded Phil's recommended flash banner rotation script. Tested it out in the welcome.tpl, putting the code below {$lng.txt_welcome} . 2 Questions:

1 - Tthe files appear, but are not sized correctly even though I have defined the image sizes. Note if the files render strangely to use banner.swf and simply rename our own file. Will do that next.

2 - However, the client wants the flash file rotation within the welcome text area. Client has one flash file there already and has requested adding a second flash file, same dimensions to rotate in that same space. Adding {include file="banners/banners.tpl"} into the text doesn't work of course. Can it be done here, and how would it be added to that text variable? Or are we limited to having it only below the t{$lng.txt_welcome} in welcome.tpl?

Thank you!
Connie

For banner rotation I am using FREE service from http://www.openx.org/ad-server. For banner rotation they have some cool features like banner display as per country & number of banner display per visitor/ip etc & many more...
---------------
Server: Linux
php: 5.3
mysql: 5.0.89
----------------
Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 PM

Thanks for your reply but I have a script already.

My problem is how to add the include code into the welcome text instead of the welcome.tpl. The include code just comes up as plain text so obviously there needs to be more to it.
Connie
Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by connemara
Thanks for your reply but I have a script already.

My problem is how to add the include code into the welcome text instead of the welcome.tpl. The include code just comes up as plain text so obviously there needs to be more to it.
Connie
if your code contains the java script then you need put your code under {literal}CODE HERE.....{/literal} tags.
---------------
Server: Linux
php: 5.3
mysql: 5.0.89
----------------
Old 11-07-2009, 07:37 AM

You can put the script in the Welcome.txt file in language file, I will have to go back and see if I can find the right way do do it in one of my backups. I don't use it anymore, but it took me quite a few tries to figure out the best way to do it..

Michael

edit

I could not find any thing in my back ups, so I'm guessing that I did it the way it shows in the 1st part of this thread in the welcome.tpl file.

I remember putting some graphics in the LBL_Welcome txt file in ACP under language, but not sure on putting Flash file there. this is the way I got a image file to work in the lbl_welcome_txt file.

Code:
img src='/yourlocation/skin1/images/payment_xxxx.gif' /img>

Not sure what you would have to change to get a flash file to work there, or if it even would..

Michael
CDSEOPro 1.8.8 xCMS 1.31 Easyupsale 2.3
Old 11-07-2009, 09:52 AM

Hi Michael:
I took a look again, and what I was trying to do was include the banner.tpl inside the welcome text. Think that is not going to work, so I am trying the banner tpl code in directly but I think that needs modification since it is javascript.
Here is what I have done so far:
Literal tags don't seem to work
I simply added the js script, modified ("{$SkinDir} to skin1/ for path.
"Some" success: In Firefox I get the rotation, albeit the files are still distorted but nothing visible in IE. So, I think this is one step closer. I think the definitions for banner width, etc need to be done differently than below but I am not a programmer.

The assigned variables are not working so wonder how that can be achieved?

{*---------------------------------------*}
{* Set Banner Width *}
{assign var='bw' value='291'}
{* Set Banner Height *}
{assign var='bh' value='169'}
{* Set Minimum Flash Version *}
{assign var='fv' value='6'}
{* Set Background Colour *}
{assign var='bgc' value='#FFFFFF'}
<div id="banners"><a href="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" target="_blank">Please click here to upgrade your Flash Player</a>. Please also turn on JavaScript.</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var so = new SWFObject("{$SkinDir}/banners/banners.swf", "banners", "{$bw}", "{$bh}", "{$fv}", "{$bgc}");
so.addParam("menu", "false");
so.addParam("scale", "exactfit");
so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
so.write("banners");
</script>

Connie
Old 05-15-2010, 08:21 AM

Probably its not showing up on ie as you have to put in the full path to files ... so for instance instead of "{$SkinDir}/banners/banners.swf" it would be "htp://www.yoururlhere.com/skin1/banners/banners.swf"

that should handle that problem...
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design