Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Trying to get DHTML menu to show.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Veteran

Read the instructions for that menu very carefully. You need to put some of that script in the <head> tag of home.tpl, some of it where you actually want the menu to display, and some more still before the closing <body> tag in home.tpl. You also need to upload the .js files to the x-cart directory. I usually put them in the root, easier to call that way.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:30 PM

eXpert

well I tried to place this code between the <head> tags
Code:
{literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">var ace_path = ''; </script> <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="acemenu_loader.js"> </script> {literal}

then I replaced { include file="customer/categories.tpl" } with

Code:
{literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="kcamenu.js"></script> {/literal}

then just before the </body> tag I placed

Code:
{literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">ACEDisplayMenu(); </script> <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">ACECreateMenu();onload=ACELoadMenu; </script> {/literal}

but still nothing. Like brain surgery to me man..lol This is about the only thing keeping my site from going live.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Veteran

Ok, you are close. You have the head right, but you have one extra line in the footer. This should go in categories.tpl:

Code:
{literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="kcamenu.js"></script> <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">ACEDisplayMenu(); </script>{/literal}

the one before the body should only be this:

Code:
{literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">ACECreateMenu();onload=ACELoadMenu; </script> {/literal}

You might also have to change the var ace_path='' depending on where you put the javascript files. Same thing for where the acemenu_loader.js is.

If you get totally and completely stuck after trying these fixes, PM me and I can help you out...I've done a ton of these things. But try it out for yourself first.....
Old 03-10-2005, 03:11 PM

eXpert

Oh the suspense... almost there!!!

I left the code above the tag alone

Code:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/tabs.css"> {literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">var ace_path = ''; </script> <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="acemenu_loader.js"> </script> {/literal} </HEAD> <BODY leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottomargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

Just before the </body> tag.

Code:
</TABLE> { include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" } {literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">ACECreateMenu();onload=ACELoadMenu; </script> {/literal} </BODY> </HTML>

I did move that code to the categories.tpl file

Code:
{* $Id: categories.tpl,v 1.23 2004/06/24 09:53:29 max Exp $ *} {capture name=menu} {literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="kcamenu.js"></script> <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">ACEDisplayMenu(); </script>{/literal} {/capture} { include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }

I have went as far as placing the kcamenu.js and acemenu_loader.js files in every directory from root on..lol but still no menu showing.

Not quite sure on what setting I should have on that ace_path='' line though.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:52 PM

Veteran

Ok, try this...put the required files in skin1/. Now change the head tags to read like this:

Code:
{literal}<script language="JavaScript1.2">var ace_path = 'skin1/';</script> <script language="JavaScript1.2" src="skin1/acemenu_loader.js"></script> {/literal}
Old 03-10-2005, 04:09 PM

eXpert

doh!!!! No such luck.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:51 PM

Veteran

PM me and I can take a look for you...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM

I always put all the menu files in the root and the file that calls the menu in skin1, and then call the required file e.g.

{include file="menu.htm"}

Using this method there is no ned for the literal tags and always shows (well so far anyway)

http://www.natralife.co.uk

X-Cart Gold version 4.5.4
PHP 5.3.18
MySQL client 5.0.96
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design