Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

IP Addresses in Users Online for all users

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM

eXpert

Default Re: IP Addresses in Users Online for all users

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
I've attached the "IP Addresses in Users Online for all users" mod patch for 4.4.x.

I've applied this patch to a clean unmodified 4.4.2 installation. I get the following error:
Quote:
skin/common_files/modules/Users_online/stats.tpl Could not patch
modules/Users_online/stats.php OK
postauth.php Could not patch
Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 PM

Veteran

This is not an error. It means XC cannot auto patch the files, you need to do this manually
Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 PM

eXpert

But this was on a clean, unmodified 4.4.2 install. If the patch won't apply, there's a problem with the patch or the patch software.

Edit: I did a manual patch. There was no reason that the patch should have failed on the first and third file and the patch was incorrectly applied on the second file. Manually patched it now works ok.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:32 AM

X-Guru

In 4.4.4 the patch is applied without any problems.

Probably there were some updates in the patching system since 4.4.2...

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following 2 users thank qualiteam for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (11-20-2011), steve.thompson (11-08-2011)
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Folks,
I've manually changed Version 4.4.5 to display IP Addresses / domain lookup for users online:
  1. Edit PostAuth.php line 97
Change

Code:
if (!empty($active_modules['Users_online'])) { x_session_register('current_url_page'); x_session_register('current_date'); x_session_register('session_create_date'); $current_url_page = $php_url['url'] . ($php_url['query_string'] ? "?" . $php_url['query_string'] : ""); $current_date = XC_TIME; if (empty($session_create_date)) { $session_create_date = $current_date; } }

to

Code:
if (!empty($active_modules['Users_online'])) { x_session_register("session_ip"); x_session_register('current_url_page'); x_session_register('current_date'); x_session_register('session_create_date'); $current_url_page = $php_url['url'] . ($php_url['query_string'] ? "?" . $php_url['query_string'] : ""); $current_date = XC_TIME; if (empty($session_create_date)) { $session_create_date = $current_date; } $session_ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR'); }

Open Xcart -> Modules -> Users_online->stats.php

Edit line 104 and change

Code:
$rec['session_create_date'] = $data['session_create_date'] + $config["Appearance"]["timezone_offset"]; $statistics[] = $rec;

to

Code:
$rec['session_create_date'] = $data['session_create_date'] + $config["Appearance"]["timezone_offset"]; if (!empty($data['session_ip'])) { if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR'] != $data['session_ip']) $rec['session_ip'] = gethostbyaddr($data['session_ip']); else $rec['session_ip'] = "Admin"; } else $rec['session_ip'] = $data['session_ip']; $statistics[] = $rec;

Open x-cart -> skin1 -> Modules -> Users_online->stats.tpl
(Note, on my site I had to use X-cart ->Skin instead of skin1)
Edit line 23
Change it from

Code:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&amp;usertype=C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if}</td>
to

Code:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&amp;usertype=C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if} IP: {$v.session_ip} <a href="http://cqcounter.com/whois/?query={$v.session_ip}" target="_blank">Trace Location</a> </td>

Here is a screen shot:
http://mojoimage.com/free-image-hosting-11/3523Screen-Shot-2012-08-06-at-3-26-39-PM.pngFree Image Hosting

The following 2 users thank Mish for this useful post:
CB Tan (01-08-2016), photo (08-04-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM

I just installed this update 4.5.2 and it works there also.

The only difference is the section below is in a slightly different location and can be found in:

X-Cart/skin/common_files/modules/Users_online/stats.tpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish

Open x-cart -> skin1 -> Modules -> Users_online->stats.tpl
(Note, on my site I had to use X-cart ->Skin instead of skin1)
Edit line 23
Change it from

Code:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&amp;usertype=C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if}</td>
to

Code:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&amp;usertype=C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if} IP: {$v.session_ip} <a href="http://cqcounter.com/whois/?query={$v.session_ip}" target="_blank">Trace Location</a> </td>

I also edited the change to the following:

Code:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&usertype=C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if}</br>IP: <a href="http://cqcounter.com/whois/?query={$v.session_ip}" target="_blank">{$v.session_ip}</a> </td>

This cleans it up a bit and puts the "IP: " on it's own line, and the Trace Location link is dropped and the IP is clickable instead.

http://backwoodstattoos.com/images/P/ip.png

The following user thanks denlem for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (01-15-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 AM

eXpert

Will this still work on 4.5.4? Do I just need to do what is in posts 105 and 106? Sometimes these old threads where people add on to and modify the code are tough to stumble upon later because you don't know how far back you have to start reading.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:28 AM

X-Wizard

It's not working on my 4.5.5 dev site. {$v.session_ip} does not have a value. It's on my list to look at but may be above my pay grade
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM

X-Wizard

For 4.5.5 (not tested in other versions)

I used the Smarty function {$smarty.server.REMOTE_ADDR} so I don't need to make any changes to postauth.php or stats.php anymore.

In store/skin/common_files/modules/Users_online/stats.tpl

Change From:
Quote:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&amp;usertype =C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if}</td>
To:
Quote:
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">{if $v.userinfo ne ''}<a href="{$catalogs.admin}/user_modify.php?user={$v.userinfo.id}&amp;usertype =C">{$v.userinfo.firstname} {$v.userinfo.lastname}</a>{if $v.userinfo.status eq 'A'}<br /><i>({$lng.lbl_anonymous_customer})</i>{/if}{else}{$lng.lbl_unregistered_customer}{/if}<br />IP: <a href="http://cqcounter.com/whois/?query={$smarty.server.REMOTE_ADDR}" target="_blank">{$smarty.server.REMOTE_ADDR}</a> </td>

The following 2 users thank elmirage001 for this useful post:
christindall (03-13-2013), MythNReality (07-11-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM

eXpert

I use IP2Location service, and when I make the change suggested,

Code:
IP: <a href="http://www.ip2location.com/{$v.session_ip}" target="_blank">{$v.session_ip}</a></td>

changed to

Code:
IP: <a href="http://www.ip2location.com/{$smarty.server.REMOTE_ADDR}" target="_blank">{$smarty.server.REMOTE_ADDR}</a></td>

it always shows MY ip address, instead of the user's IP address.
Am I missing something?
AquasanaCanada.com - Aquasana╝ - #1 Rated Water Filters in America!
X-CART GOLD 4.4.5 Live
CDSEO Pro v. 1.8.4
AquasanaMontreal.com
Aquasana╝ & Rhino Water Filtration Systems
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions