X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
We've also found out that unticking "Tick here to continue upgrading regardless of the found problems" checkbox may solve the problem. Please try it.

This is still selected by default? Common guys - I mentioned this like 2 years ago... This option should NOT exist at all or not selected - it should be opt-in not opt-out. If there are any errors or warnings the user should not be allowed to continue with the upgrade. At least one reason is that sql patch will NOT be applied in this case and the notice for that is buried inside a mile long list of patched files in GREEN and very easy to miss. It should be in RED and at the very top of the upgrade results list if it happens...

Unexperienced XC users fall into this trap all the time....

The following 5 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-15-2013), aim (02-15-2013), bullfrog (03-21-2013), carpeperdiem (02-15-2013), Danimal (02-18-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have uploaded the new upgrade packs with the following changes.

*A new 'Stop the upgrade process in case of problems related to major files like func.core.php. Uncheck this option to proceed anyway (NOT RECOMMENDED)' checkbox is added (enabled by default)

*The "Tick here to continue upgrading regardless of the found problems" checkbox is renamed to
Warning:The initial check shows that some of the files in your installation may not be patched cleanly because some of the hunks (blocks of code changes) cannot be applied.Allow Patch/Upgrade center to try and patch the files the best it can? (enabled by default)

*Patch/Upgrade center tries to apply the patch.sql and after-path files anyway.

*patch.sql is applied in 'force' mode. It does not stop on SQL error.

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM

So did the upgrade from 4.5.4 to 4.5.5 (on a non-live version of my site), seeing various issues with third party plugins not working, getting errors like this in my log files:

Quote:
[15-Feb-2013 14:08:55 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_addslashes() in /home/alinc101/public_html/stock/var/templates_c/7b859af2e515d7506b0439121d9d64e5/%%02^021^021301B9%%checkout_one_cart.tpl.php on line 98
[15-Feb-2013 14:09:26] Error: Smarty error: [in modules/Checkout_One/checkout_one_cart.tpl line 55]: [plugin] (secure mode) modifier 'addslashes' is not allowed (core.load_plugins.php, line 11 in /home/alinc101/public_html/stock/include/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

I've made sure to clear out my cache and xc tables to rule that out. Is this an issue with my upgrade or did 4.5.5 make some plugins that worked in 4.5.4 not work in 4.5.5?

Have contacted the developers of the various non-working plugins, but thought I'd try the forum to see if others are also seeing similar problems.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM

X-Man

I think we discussed before some security issues about renaming admin folder, version file in root, version file in include.

After installing this new version these issues were not took in consideration. Just awesome. Was it so hard to ask the administrator the name for its admin folder in installation process, or to rename it after installation is done?
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM

X-Man

THIS REALLY PISSED ME OFF! WHY WE USE BUGTRACKER TO REPORT ISSUES?

After installing v4.5.5 Gold Plus I checked some of my reported issues. THERE ARE STILL ACTIVE!!! I replied to a few just to see them. Why is this happening? Once I saw it was allocated to an engineer (with some of them I talked before) I thought they are solved. But they don't. Some issues are really stupid, old times reported.

QT just think about like others I spent time to investigate these again and again. Why you don't take in consideration such of volunteer efforts? OK, you have your own priorities, but please let the fools know when you do the changes as version. Do not let them waiting, and waiting till they get long barbs.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM

X-Wizard

Used Upgrade Pack 4.5.0 --> 4.5.5 and Version went to 4.5.4 instead of 4.5.5
Quote:
UPDATE xcart_config SET `value` = "4.5.4" WHERE `name` = "version";
Upgraded test store from 4.4.5 to 4.5.5 and so far all's okay.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:16 PM

X-Adept

In create an order in admin backend. Noticed a simple improvement necessary for people who use this feature in a real-world environment. It actually takes longer than in customer side, why? because you must enter 2 addresses. Dozens of orders are now being processed this way each day, and it is taking longer than it should! It should be the same procedure where you enter only 1 address, and then if another is needed, you enter this. 9/10 is going to be just 1 address, yet you are really forced to take twice as long by adding 2 as the invoice will show blank spaces with the customers details incomplete. Please consider adding same as billing checkbox to save much time.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N
So did the upgrade from 4.5.4 to 4.5.5 (on a non-live version of my site), seeing various issues with third party plugins not working, getting errors like this in my log files:

I've made sure to clear out my cache and xc tables to rule that out. Is this an issue with my upgrade or did 4.5.5 make some plugins that worked in 4.5.4 not work in 4.5.5?

Have contacted the developers of the various non-working plugins, but thought I'd try the forum to see if others are also seeing similar problems.

Use of non-smarty modifiers is disabled in 4.5.5 due to security reasons.
Actually, there is no need to call PHP function "addslashes" from template, please use the escape:'quotes' modifier instead:
http://www.smarty.net/docsv2/en/language.modifier.escape.tpl
Old 02-17-2013, 10:33 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Use of non-smarty modifiers is disabled in 4.5.5 due to security reasons.
Actually, there is no need to call PHP function "addslashes" from template, please use the escape:'quotes' modifier instead:
http://www.smarty.net/docsv2/en/language.modifier.escape.tpl

So now with 4.5.5 we can't have custom smarty modifiers? What about custom smarty functions? Are all QT custom smarty modifiers and functions taken out of 4.5.5?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
So now with 4.5.5 we can't have custom smarty modifiers? What about custom smarty functions? Are all QT custom smarty modifiers and functions taken out of 4.5.5?

All smarty modifiers/functions (both built-in and custom) are allowed.
You just can't use PHP functions directly, as well as "php" smarty tag.
Other thing is that templates outside defined skin directory can't be included now.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements