Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Lazy way around product option images

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 06-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Lazy way around product option images

In a perfect world I wanted my product images to update depending on the product option chosen (ie. 250g would show a 250g jar, 1kg would show a 1kg jar.)

Unfortunately I don't have the time or skills to implement that so here's a cheap and nasty way around it.

I have just changed the detailed product images module a little so that now I have a product option images list. Now on the product detail screen it shows a list of the available sizes and their images. It doesn't link to anything, and it's probably a bit of a double up as you have to enter the options in the product options section and then again in the description for each image but at least now I have pictures for each option!

Change modules\detailed_product_images\product_images.tpl from this:

Code:
{* $Id: product_images.tpl,v 1.10.2.1 2004/05/18 06:23:01 mclap Exp $ *} {if $images ne ""} {capture name=dialog} <div align=center> {section name=image loop=$images} {if $images[image].avail eq "Y"} {if $images[image].tmbn_url} [img]{$images[image].tmbn_url}[/img] {else} [img]{$xcart_web_dir}/product_image.php?imageid={$images[image].imageid}[/img] {/if} {/if} {/section} </div> {/capture} {if $smarty.capture.dialog ne ""} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_detailed_images content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if} {/if}

To this:

Code:
{* $Id: product_images.tpl,v 1.10.2.1 2004/05/18 06:23:01 mclap Exp $ *} {if $images ne ""} {capture name=dialog} <div align=left><table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0> {section name=image loop=$images} <tr><td width=30%> {if $images[image].avail eq "Y"} {if $images[image].tmbn_url} [img]{$images[image].tmbn_url}[/img] {else} [img]{$xcart_web_dir}/product_image.php?imageid={$images[image].imageid}[/img] {/if}</td> <td valign=top>{$images[image].alt}</td> </tr> {/if} {/section} </table> </div> {/capture} {if $smarty.capture.dialog ne ""} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_detailed_images content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if} {/if}

Change the lbl_detailed_images label from "Detailed images" to "Product option images"

Change the two occurances of "Alternativetext" in modules\detailed_product_images\product_images_mod ify.tpl to "Description"

In main\product_modify.tpl, change 'title="Detailed images"' to 'title="Product option images"' (down the bottom)
Old 06-20-2005, 04:58 AM

eXpert

Is it possible to see this in action anywhere?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:27 PM

You'll have to excuse my dodgy product images; I haven't been given any real ones yet. You get the idea though.

http://www.denco.com.au/home/screenshot.jpg
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions