Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-29-2008, 07:57 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)

yes same here got the x-cart guys to look into it for me and that was the problem took off works fine know.
MySQL client 5.0.51a
Web server Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008

http://temptinglysexy.co.uk
Old 04-29-2008, 09:56 AM

X-Guru

This mod has nothing to do with me, read the first post.

If it doesn't work, then it means you've got incorrectly nested divs.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Advanced Member

I love this thank you ,im new and this made a drastic look change to the site which was amazing.My only question is the side boxes on the right seem to be a bit off the page ,what do I need to change to get them back on.
http:www.embroodles.com

thanks
bill
Old 05-04-2008, 03:00 PM

Advanced Member

Bill,
It appears you have several problems which may have all eminated from the rounded box code.
The featured products area shows blank space at both the top and bottom of the white area alloted for these products as do the boxes inside this showing each product.
Check your rounded box code against the original for any extra <p>, </p> or even &nbsp tags. One of the easiest ways to crash test this is to comment out one tag at a time until you find the one causing the problem.
I remember seeing this error a while ago when I used this code but can't remember which line it was I changed to fix it. However because it's only in your featured products section there is little need for you to crash test the menu files that make up the left and right side boxes.
The extentsion beyond the right of screen is only an issue in IE, Firefox shows the rounded corners of the right hand boxes so without getting too deep into it I would suggest looking at your CSS first and seeing if your borders are too wide.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 PM

Advanced Member

Ok I fixed most of it but if you look back at my products page in the center you see the inside corners of the tabs are missing ,any ideas and where to fix this ,im sure its something I did.
Bill

embroodles.com
Old 05-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Advanced Member

There is actually more than just the inside corners missing.
IE shows several bits missing including the right hand side verticle border for the second and third product, whereas Firefox shows the box side correctly (still missing the inside corners as you said).
You need to keep looking at the code for the products because the rounded corner coding is working fine for all except these boxes which suggests it's one slight error in coding somewhere.
Without being able to test it right now I'd suggest firstly looking at the code
<h1 class="color_a"></h1> and maybe commenting it out to see if it changes anything because you aren't actually adding any h1 tag to the box in this instance.
Another possible change would be to add &nbsp: to the <h1> tag so that it atleast creates a space in there I have had success with both but I have always used edited versions of this code.
The right hand menu still goes off the screen in IE (but not in FF) maybe the two issues are connected (although possibly not) but it might be a good idea to work on one at a time and if the box error fixes the menu fine, if not attack that once the boxes are fixed.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Advanced Member

Annoyed I am very new to this ,when I went back ,I reinstalled the backup then re did all the code which fixed the problem but then I did the xrounded fix and thats when the space occured above the frame the blue top ,I changed it back and this is when I lose those inside corners and the rest of what you talked about .Where do I go to look for this problem .Sorry need a little more direction my scripting skills are slower then Corkey from life goes on.;
Bill
Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Advanced Member

Ok I tried it all again ,I restored all the origianls and started again from scratch ,when I change it backto xrounded center in DIAGTPL it looks better but still cant figure out why in the hell its doing it
Old 05-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Advanced Member

My replying skills seem to be just as slow.

I've been playing around with this on my dev server and while I'm able to replicate your problems I'm not yet able to come up with a complete fix.

I've made several changes to the coding and even taken out the colour of the top section to make the whole box the same as the background but with a grey border and this works quite well, also means there isn't a blank bar or any colour at the top of the box doing nothing.

The problem I've run into and not yet found a way around is that IE handles the change on the Featured Product list fine but when it comes to the product desciption page the box is not drawn correctly.

The missing lines and the lines extending past the right of screen are also to do with IE and this script but that will either go away when the coding is made to work or can be easily changed once it is working.

This is partly why I stopped using the rounded corner code on the products, in all the other sections it works perfectly.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:25 PM

Advanced Member

Ok maybe this is a question that may help , how or what would I remove or add just to take the frames of the images in the center box ,that seems to be the major noticable ugly , I am going to go back and recheck all my images.Is there a way to lock the images to a size when they appear in there or should I just make them smaller .
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions