Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL408
Well....here is another bug.....Export hangs. This is still with a default install. I have not added any additional products. It says "Exporting data...." and "Exporting categories....." then it just stopped. The page is showing "done" at the lower left hand corner. Below is the screen shot.

Did you try to reproduce this in Mozilla or Opera, or does this issue happen in IE only? Can we check the issue on your server? (If it is possible, please open a ticket in the Help Desk and post information about how we can access the admin area of your store)
Old 04-19-2006, 07:43 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by svowl
Quote:
Well.....first error report....

After a default install, I went to the main webstore to browse. Everything looks good. However, when I click on register to create a new account, the page is complete with an error. (Done, but with errors on page).

The same error also show up when you add an item to the shopping cart and then go to "Checkout".

Thank you. Apply the attached patch, please.

Thanks svowl. The patch took care of the bug listed above.

Cheers
-Tuan
Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by svowl
Quote:
Well....here is another bug.....Export hangs. This is still with a default install. I have not added any additional products. It says "Exporting data...." and "Exporting categories....." then it just stopped. The page is showing "done" at the lower left hand corner. Below is the screen shot.

Did you try to reproduce this in Mozilla or Opera, or does this issue happen in IE only? Can we check the issue on your server? (If it is possible, please open a ticket in the Help Desk and post information about how we can access the admin area of your store)
I have not tried it on Mozilla or Opera yet. This happens in IE version 6.0. What would you like me to check on my server? It is running Win2003 / IIS6, PHP 4.4.2 and MySQL 4.1.18

Thanks
-Tuan
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 AM

X-Adept

Here is another bug. For the FedEx shipping module, during the checkout process, the shipping methods are showing the variable "shipping_time" instead the actual number of days for those shipping methods. Below is the screen shot.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7429/error3wg.jpg
Old 04-19-2006, 08:28 PM

X-Adept

Default Forced Selection

I just noticed that variants are force selected and ignore the "P" image to be displayed. This should be changed to allow the product image to be shown prior to selection. I made the change in the Product_Options code to fix this, but:

There is an option to default any variant (and it's respective image), so if I haven't chosen a default, there shouldn't be one right? Either a bug or neglection.

- Mike
Old 04-20-2006, 05:44 AM

Advanced Member

It looks like there are still a lot of outstanding bugs that need to be patched. I think 4.1 was released prematurely. Will we be seeing a 4.1.1 release anytime soon to fix these bugs? I was really looking forward to the 4.1 release to start my new store, but I think I'll hold off until these bugs are fixed.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:15 AM

is there any changes in MYSQL table from:

RC4 --> 4.1.0?

X-cart staff please response that, and i saw x-cart said in order to encourage for TESTER to test, it provide upgrade kits from RCx to the final release.

i am the white rat now, but I can't see any update kits in the download area.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:18 PM

X-Adept

With this 4.1.0 production final release, has anyone here able to "SUCCESSFULLY" export and/or import any products yet?

I'm trying to do an export so I can use that sample file to format my products and reimport them back in. However, export DOES NOT WORK. Svowl, can you please post a sample export file that we can use?

Thank you
-Tuan
Old 04-20-2006, 01:55 PM

After some experementation, I was able to export and import. What specifically is giving you trouble. Is the import/export hanging or reporting errors? Remember that when exporting, an export pack will be created at the bottom of the export screen that you can click on and view or download.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:03 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180
After some experementation, I was able to export and import. What specifically is giving you trouble. Is the import/export hanging or reporting errors? Remember that when exporting, an export pack will be created at the bottom of the export screen that you can click on and view or download.
It hangs. I notice the export packs created at the bottom. However, all of those files are only have the column headings. Everything else is blank. No products in any of those export packs.

If you don't mind, can you please email me a sample of your export file? Please send it to sales (at) litewarehouse.com

Thanks
-Tuan
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements