Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Do we need X-Payments?

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 08-22-2012, 03:08 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Do we need X-Payments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRP
Do you have plans for X-Payments to work with Authorize.net CIM? We really need CIM...
Hi Mike, I just had BCSE build a CIM integration that works using an Iframe connected directly to Auth.net...might want to ask them about it.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRP
ambal,
Do you have plans for X-Payments to work with Authorize.net CIM? We really need CIM, so we can have the ability to bill customer's credit cards again, yet be PCI compliant.

Yes, we are planning this feature in X-Payments v1.1
I can't tell you about when it is going to be released because we should take in account validation of X-Payments by our PA-QSA and the PCI council and that can take some time.
X-Payments product manager

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
gb2world (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Yes, we are planning this feature in X-Payments v1.1
I can't tell you about when it is going to be released because we should take in account validation of X-Payments by our PA-QSA and the PCI council and that can take some time.

Thanks for this, Alex. However - I don't believe you absolutely need to consider Authorize.net CIM as a solution within X-Payments only. Authorize.net CIM now offers a hosted solution or a lightbox or iframe for that first collection of the credit card information. (Previously - CIM was a problem because they did not have a hosted solution in their API for the credit card entry so it would need to be in X-Payments.) You can now actually implement Authorize.net CIM in X-CART or X-CART Next without using X-Payments. Now, you can actually add vault capabilities or a subscription/recurring module without requiring X-Payments.

From what Mike indicated - BCSE is using the iFrame part of the CIM API. It seems better to build this outside of X-Payments now that CIM API allows it. Perhaps you could coordinate with BCSE to build a module for X-Cart 4.x, and you could add Authorize.net CIM hosted to your XCART Next roadmap? Since it is hosted - you could even add it to Ecwid and have a subscription module there too.

---

The following user thanks gb2world for this useful post:
totaltec (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 PM

X-Cart team

> Perhaps you could coordinate with BCSE to build a module for X-Cart 4.x, and
> you could add Authorize.net CIM hosted to your XCART Next roadmap?

Folks, there is no need to wait till we add something to XCN roadmap. Just develop your plugin/add-on/module/whatever for XCN and submit to XCN Marketplace and you will earn $$ selling it.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb2world
Thanks for this, Alex. However - I don't believe you absolutely need to consider Authorize.net CIM as a solution within X-Payments only. Authorize.net CIM now offers a hosted solution or a lightbox or iframe for that first collection of the credit card information. (Previously - CIM was a problem because they did not have a hosted solution in their API for the credit card entry so it would need to be in X-Payments.) You can now actually implement Authorize.net CIM in X-CART or X-CART Next without using X-Payments. Now, you can actually add vault capabilities or a subscription/recurring module without requiring X-Payments.

From what Mike indicated - BCSE is using the iFrame part of the CIM API. It seems better to build this outside of X-Payments now that CIM API allows it. Perhaps you could coordinate with BCSE to build a module for X-Cart 4.x, and you could add Authorize.net CIM hosted to your XCART Next roadmap? Since it is hosted - you could even add it to Ecwid and have a subscription module there too.

---

So are you saying we can use Authorize.net CIM in X-Cart now? Currently we're using Authorize.net AIM to process our credit card transactions through X-Cart. I wasn't aware you could set up Authorize.net CIM through X-Cart right now. Please confirm if this is what you meant or if I am misunderstanding you

P.S. - Our store will be v.4.4.5
Old 08-27-2012, 04:45 PM

X-Wizard

You are misunderstanding.

Alex says it is on the roadmap for a future X-Payments version. I was suggesting that modifying the road map to move it from X-Payments to X-Cart and X-Cart Next would make more sense. Alex is suggesting that developers consider doing it for X-Cart Next.

So - it is not available as an add-on module now. It could be available on X-Payments at some point. If you want it now, your best path is to contact BCSE - they have experience implementing it for X-Cart. Or, ask another developer.

Since you are using AIM now, that means you need to be using X-Payments. CIM does not require X-Payments. To add it to X-Payments will require re-certification of X-Payments, so Alex says it will take some time.

P.S. - Just implementing an interface to CIM is not all there is to it - but it does open the door for other possibilities - like a vault for rebills and refunds, or a subscription module. It is a good, affordable gateway solution to then enable this kind of functionality. I use it with another application for subscriptions, and it works very well.

---

The following 2 users thank gb2world for this useful post:
ambal (08-27-2012), IRP (08-28-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 PM

eXpert

OK, I feel like an idiot, but I am thoroughly confused about X-Payments. I wish to use the Quantum Gateway iFrame option. In the 4.5.2 Payment Methods section, this method is listed under CC processors, not under the methods that state they require X-Payments. Does this mean I don't need X-Payments to use the Quantum Gateway iFrame method? And is it PCI-DSS compliant without X-Payments? From what I've read about the latest X-Cart versions, I'm under the impression that X-Cart is no longer supporting any methods that aren't compliant.

If not, what about Quantum's other option that involves redirecting the customer to pay via CC? That shouldn't require X-Payments, right?

I don't particularly want to do the redirect, but I also don't want to go through all the trouble with X-Payments I see people are having. In addition, I don't want to double my hosting costs so I can have another account just to host X-Payments. My host (EWD) uses Quantum with redirect and, although the interface isn't particularly attractive, it seems to work OK when I use it to pay for services, etc. via CC.

What is my best option to avoid using X-Payments?
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 09-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Veteran

The only time you will need X-Payments is if you are using on-site CC payment method. iFrame or payment gateway hosted page do not require X-Payments. Quantum has both in standard XC included. If you want to use the transparent method with Quantum then you need X-Payments but for the iFrame and hosted page - you don't need it.

The following 2 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
ambal (09-03-2012), jillsybte (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
The only time you will need X-Payments is if you are using on-site CC payment method. iFrame or payment gateway hosted page do not require X-Payments. Quantum has both in standard XC included. If you want to use the transparent method with Quantum then you need X-Payments but for the iFrame and hosted page - you don't need it.

Thank you sooo much, Steve. I thought I could use the iFrame without X-Payments, but I saw several people discussing their problems with various iFrame methods and X-Payments. Plus I tried setting up the Quantum iFrame in my 4.5.2 store and it wouldn't work (I tried with both FLC and OPC), so that also got me to thinking I may need X-Payments.

4.5.2 seems to have a lot of bugs, though, so I'm hoping the issue will be resolved in the next version.

Thanks again for your reply. You've been very helpful as usual.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 AM

X-Cart team

> In addition, I don't want to double my hosting costs so I can have another account
> just to host X-Payments.

We are launching X-Payments Hosted that includes X-Payments and PCI compliant hosting in one package. It is not published at our web-site yet, but it can be purchased at http://s.x-cart.com/buy_xp_hosted

$49 per month to connect one store and have access to your own X-Payments admin back-end and everything is compliant.

Last edited by ambal : 10-22-2012 at 01:47 AM.

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
Emerson (09-03-2012), jillsybte (09-03-2012)
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions