Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

New product announce: Facebook Connect

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: New product announce: Facebook Connect

Dennis, sorry, just found your message in the spam box.
btw. I have successfully registered on your site using the FC option and I can choose any payment option.
After "connecting" first time via Facebook Connect option buyer must be taken to create a password section in order to complete the registration, there is no other option.
Also, since Facebook does not provide addresses of its members, the customer must create an address book entry.
But please contact me on support at 7dana.com, I have marked your address as "Not Spam".

7dana.com
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Not all customers are created equal, especially when it comes to the X-Cart checkout.

You and I are aware that the customer needs to create an address book entry, but the customer who has just "connected" with facebook doesn't know that.

If the customer then makes a purchase and goes to check out and fills in their address info during checkout process, they still can't checkout since there is no address book entry. I just learned tonight that there is a box above the customer info during checkout that can be checked to "update" the address book. If the customer checks this box, then they are allowed to check out. I've just figured that out after 3 months of usage so I don't expect many customers to be figuring that out as well.

When a new customer comes in through the FC module for the first time, they should be brought to the address book and told to add their address to it. This would be a foolproof way to ensure that their checkout goes smooth without the customer having to figure out why the payment option won't work.

Just my thoughts. Maybe some other module users would want to share their experiences and thoughts.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 PM

I Have been trying to get in touch with someone at 7 Dana also without success, if someone there reads this can you please contact me, I have sent emails, form on your website and PM here with no luck
Cheers
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlem
Goran,

I purchased the Facebook Connect module from you back in November. There was an issue with the install which you fixed on my site, and there was also the issue where if someone used it, they couldn't check out since the module doesn't fill in customer information or bring you to that section when connecting for the first time.

I wanted to know if you have resolved any of these issues and have been wanting to get an update.

I have made several attempts (November, the end of January, and recently last week) to contact you though email and through your website and I fail to get a response each time.

Are there any updates to this module that addresses any problems?

x-cart v 4.6.4
Expanded Downloader
X-MailChimpIntegration

x-cart v 4.6.4 at exislepublishing.co.nz
Expanded Downloader
Old 03-02-2011, 02:15 PM

X-Adept

Dennis, I'm unable to reproduce the problem about which you speak. I just made a test order in your store(sorry, please delete it), after connected through Facebook option, and after I enter address data and click the Apply button, I can select payment method and complete the purchase.
The only problem appears at PayPal site as I don't have an USA address for delivery.

7dana.com
Old 03-02-2011, 03:57 PM

I think you are misunderstanding what i'm saying.

The way you described does work perfectly. It works as you wrote it, but...

What i'm saying is this:

- When a NEW customer comes to the site for the first time through the Facebook option, their address book is empty in X-Cart.
- If they buy something and go to check out, they fill out their address at the checkout.
- They click "apply".
- They click "submit order".
- They are brought to the PayPal checkout and are then halted with this screen:

http://forum.x-cart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2456&stc=1&d=129911257 1

PayPal doesn't have an address for them even though they filled it out at checkout. What they didn't do is check the button to update their address book. If they do this, then they are able to check out.

Maybe i'm making this sound more like a bug in FC when it really isn't, and I do apologize for that. The module works when used properly, but as I stated in another message, customers are not all that computer literate.

Customers don't know to check this option off during their first checkout after a Facebook Connect. I've lost a few sales because the "payments are not working", when in fact they were working.

What I was suggesting as an improvment to the module is to bring a new FC customer into the address book so they can fill out their info before continuing on to the rest of the site. This would (should?) allow them to check out without any issues, especially if they don't update their address book at checkout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m7.jpg (56.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM

Advanced Member

HI,

I have installed the mod, and although I can connect to my Facebook account, it does not log me in if I am an existing user, fetch my user profile image and display it next to the user name in the header or create Address book entry for user, during first "connection".

I am using a one page checkout module, by Mercury Minds, will this affect it?

X-Cart Gold 4.3.2
Php5.3.8
MySQL 5.1.56

Backorder/PreOrder
SEO All in one CDSEO
Wholesale Option Pricing
Gift Cert Recovery
Password Recovery
CompanyLogo Alt Tag
Smart Search - ALtered Cart
On Sale - Altered Cart
Sitemap
MM One page checkout
order page emailer

Remember Anomymous Carts
Website CM Speed Opitmisation

iartsupplies.co.uk
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM

X-Adept

Paul, I received your email, no need for posting this under Third Party Add-Ons announcement.

7dana.com
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 AM

Advanced Member

Hi Goran,

Please can you respond to my recent emails. I have sent you ftp details as requested.

Thanks

Paul

X-Cart Gold 4.3.2
Php5.3.8
MySQL 5.1.56

Backorder/PreOrder
SEO All in one CDSEO
Wholesale Option Pricing
Gift Cert Recovery
Password Recovery
CompanyLogo Alt Tag
Smart Search - ALtered Cart