Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

On Sale - Hide coupon sales on the onsale.php

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 PM

eXpert

Default On Sale - Hide coupon sales on the onsale.php

Ideally, I'd like to be able to hide any offer from the sales page on an offer by offer basis (I want to give more exclusive offers to my newletter subscribers).

That said, I know there is an settings option: Display all sales on the onsale.php page, including those requiring a coupon. This will do what I need - I can offer coupons in the newsletter and hide them from the general public.

I have do this UNchecked, but my coupon sale is still showing! Any ideas on why this could be?

I created another coupon offer to test it, and that one did not show up. I created this one before unchecking, then unchecked. Then i deleted this offer and recreated, to see if that would work (with the option unchecked). It reappeared on the onsale page...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

P.S. For those of you contemplating getting On Sale - it is fantastic! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE On Sale - there is a little learning curve (no real documentation), but once you figure it out - it is one of the MUST HAVE modules.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: On Sale - Hide coupon sales on the onsale.php

Quote:
I have do this UNchecked, but my coupon sale is still showing! Any ideas on why this could be?

If the setting is UNchecked, then coupon sales should not display.

It seems that you've done all the troubleshooting that I would have done...
Quote:
Then i deleted this offer and recreated, to see if that would work (with the option unchecked). It reappeared on the onsale page...

That should have rebuilt the offer...

I think a ticket to Bill may be your best solution.

Quote:
P.S. For those of you contemplating getting On Sale - it is fantastic! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE On Sale
I couldn't agree with you more!!!! On Sale has been a superb tool for merchandising. It is INCREDIBLY deep - and very well coded. This has to be one of the most complex xcart mods ever released, and it is extremely versatile. We get sales that we would never have seen because On Sale is working for us overtime. The fact that it AUTOMAGICALLY adds and removes items to the cart -- that alone is worth the price of admission. Can't say enough good things about On Sale.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:25 AM

eXpert

I recreated a new sale with the option UNchecked and a new coupon code - that seemed to do it! Thanks, carpeperdiem!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM

eXpert

From Bill - thought this might help someone else as well...

I'm not sure about the coupon code. Do you have the coupon entered in the cart? If the coupon is entered in the cart then the sale will display (since it is assumed the customer knows about the sale). This is also sessions based, so it might be a case of the site displaying it to you, but other customers cannot see it. Can you let me know the name of the sale, and I will check to see if it is displayed for me?

(RE: discount for an entire category)

Every sale that begins with Spend X can be applied to all sales by setting the 'Spend X' field to 0.00 (every customer at your store has spent at least $0). So you can select the Spend X Get Z Discount on Your Order, highlight the categories, set the discount and select the 'Only items in qualifying categories' selection.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4