Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

DIY Tabbed Content Menu for Product Page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-09-2005, 08:50 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecat
Worked like a charm, thank you very much.

Glad to hear it.

Now if only I can get my "More Info" or "product enquiry" to work in these tabs.

I know it can be done. I see it everywhere. For some reason it runs through the script on me and seems as though an email has been sent when clicking on the tab. AAARRRR!

No One out there have any ideas? Or is this a huge secret? lol
Old 01-09-2005, 10:42 AM

X-Adept

Wish I could help on that. I just double checked on mine, and it works fine.
--------------------
Old 01-09-2005, 11:12 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecat
Wish I could help on that. I just double checked on mine, and it works fine.

Were you referring to your addition of the details in tabs, or do you have a more info type email submission within the tabs that is working?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:56 PM

X-Adept

I gotcha, I read it wrong. I don't have mine set up for that.
--------------------
Old 01-29-2005, 02:49 PM

X-Adept

I am trying to modify the tab mod to access the complete product.tpl , as the default/first tab. I have integrated the tab mod into a unique dialog.tpl called from the product.tpl and have the {title} as the first tab, but the problem is:
  • 1. I am trying to call the product.tpl from the product.tpl, where the unique dialog.tpl is in order to have the default product details (without having to click to see it)
    2. Whenever I attempt to call the inserted prioduct details, my products won't load/reload.

Ideas? Has anyone successfully worked this or something very similar and could share the code?

Thanks,

- Mike
Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 PM

this works very well.

thanks!

{My simple mods}
Adding Market list and % save on product detail
Quantity input box
Old 02-04-2005, 03:32 PM

I had some problems for the images if then statement on X-Cart 4.0.11

Here is what I did to fix it

Code:
{if $images eq ""} {else}[*]<FONT SIZE="1">Detailed Images</FONT {/if}

HTH

{My simple mods}
Quantity input box
Old 02-28-2005, 06:14 PM

Thanks for this really great mod and free too!!!!

Regarding the if statements to only show the tabs when they have content I amended Phils code in the product.tpl to this:

Code:
<ul id="tablist"> {if $product_links ne ""}[*]Related {/if} {if $images ne ""}[*]Detailed Images {/if}[*]Send to Friend {if $active_modules.Customer_Reviews ne ""} {if $config.Modules.customer_voting eq "Y" or $config.Modules.customer_reviews eq "Y"}[*]Reviews {/if} {/if} {if $recommends}[*]Recommended {/if}[/list]

and it works well. The only exception is if you are allowing review but there aren't any yet, it will then show the tab but with no content.

To fix that I changed the skin1/modules/Customer_Reviews/reviews.tpl to move the first /if statement down a bit and added an else to say 'there are no reviews yet'. Just going to paste the whole reviews.tpl file again as I can't work out how to bold within code blocks.

Code:
<FORM method="POST" action="product.php?mode=review&productid={$product.productid}"> <TR><TD colspan="2"> <FONT class="ProductDetailsTitle">{$lng.lbl_customer_reviews}</FONT> </TD></TR> <TR><TD class="Line" height="1" colspan="2">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</TD></TR> {if $reviews ne ""} {section name=r_i loop=$reviews} <TR> <TD colspan="2"> {$lng.lbl_author}: {$reviews[r_i].email|default:$lng.lbl_unknown} {$reviews[r_i].message|replace:"\n":" "} </TD></TR> {/section} {else} <TR><TD colspan="2"> There are no reviews for this product yet.</TD></TR> {/if} {if ($config.Modules.writing_reviews eq "A") or ($login ne "" and $config.Modules.writing_reviews eq "R")} <TR><TD colspan="2"> <FONT class="ProductDetailsTitle">{$lng.lbl_add_your_review}</FONT> </TD></TR> <TR><TD class="Line" height="1" colspan="2">[img]{$ImagesDir}/spacer.gif[/img]</TD></TR> <INPUT type="hidden" name="productid" value='{$product.productid}'> <TR> <TD width="30%"> {$lng.lbl_your_name}:</TD><TD> <INPUT type="text" size="24" name="review_author" {if $login ne ""}value="{$customer_info.firstname} {$customer_info.lastname} ({$customer_info.email})"{/if}></TD></TR> <TR> <TD width="30%">{$lng.lbl_your_message}:</TD><TD><TEXTAREA cols="40" rows="4" name="review_message"></TEXTAREA></TD></TR> <TR> <TD colspan="2"><INPUT type="submit" value="{$lng.lbl_add_review}"></TD></TR> {/if} </FORM>
PHP 4.3.8
Old 03-01-2005, 04:20 PM

is there a way to changes images instead of text links?

thanks

{My simple mods}
Quantity input box
Old 03-01-2005, 04:50 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpj
is there a way to changes images instead of text links?

thanks

If you are speaking about the tabs and ability to change them from text boxes to rounded corners, or tab images, I would say yes, you would need to mod the tab script as it is diplayed.

there is code floating around the forum right now on how to change tabs to rounded corners using images, in custom mods area
This is same code type to make it all images, code needs to be tweaked a bit to make it happen.

Just do not destroy the call tags for the sections when making changes in the way it is displayed.

You could even make this verticle not hrizontal if you wanted. It is all in the way you tweak the code.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions