Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Sagepay Server method using iFrame

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart Sagepay Server method using iFrame

Very True, But it also says

"These mandates apply to all Visa regions. Note: Visa Europe operates as an independent company and licensee of Visa Inc. for business operations in Visa Europe markets. Visa Europe is aligned with the Visa payment application security framework, but has implemented its own set of mandates to drive compliance validation with the security initiatives detailed in this article."

Whatever that means.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 AM

X-Wizard

It means they are doing a lousy job of explaining that VISA Europe (umm, which includes western Europe only) sets its own rules and the bulletin only applies to all VISA, Inc. regions. The last question / answer in the PA-DSS mandate FAQ somewhat clears up the mud:

"In June 2009, Visa announced payment application security mandates for Visa regions including Latin America and Caribbean (LAC), Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMEA), and Asia Pacific (AP). These mandates do not supersede earlier deadlines and related enforcement programs already in place for the U.S. and Canada."

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com
Old 07-02-2010, 10:28 AM

X-Man

So, in clear as mud terms, Visa Europe has set no deadlines, nor any requirement AS YET, to use a PA-DSS compliant payment application. BUT nothing stops them jumping on said bandwagon and imposing deadlines.

OR does it mean that although they have not yet set deadlines and they may set different and earlier deadlines they have to be on board by july 2012????
Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 AM

X-Wizard

I haven't been able to find any official notice of a VISA Europe deadline but I did find a copy of a presentation by a VISA Europe tech nerd that says their deadline is December 2012. SInce its not hosted on the VISA Europe site I can't call it authoritative. Honestly, the best you can do is contact VISA Europe to get the answer straight from the horses mouth. I nudged ambal that way on this thread and he is researching it to get clear on deadlines throughout the world.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 AM

X-Man

Both documents are interesting. What caught my eye however was the following paragraph

In addition Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions hosted competely at a third party are not within the scope of these mandates, provided that these solutions are hosted by a third party and no such configurations, controls or systems reside on the merchant’s or the agent’s systems. Instead, merchants must use PCI DSS compliant service providers to provide SaaS solutions. PA-DSS compliant payment applications must be used if any such configurations, controls or systems do reside at the merchant or agent location.

Does this mean that you can use XCart without xpayments so long as it is provided as a SERVICE by you host???

p.s. I'm sorry we are way off topic now.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:48 AM

X-Wizard

Beats me if that's what VISA means. It sure seems silly if it does. If I were a service provider I would market a hosted shopping cart using software I purchased that wasn't PA-DSS compliant.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryMindsSales
Hi Everybody,

We have developed a custom payment module (it does come up with only installation instructions, no user manual: so, it is not a module, at least we can not call it so) for "SagePay Server method".

Due to PCI standards, now customers have to either use SagePay SIM or X-Payments module. You may find difficulties in setting up x-payments module.

How it works:

-> The customer clicks order now button
-> Popup window (using shadowbox method & iframe) will be opened. The contents will be loaded from sagepay (unknown to the user), they are asked to enter their card details.
-> Once they entered, payment is successful, the popup window is closed & redirected to invoice page.

The solution is validated by SagePay team too.

You can email us our sales team at sales@mercuryminds.com for any queries.

This will cost only 49$ for the people who uses our one page checkout module and installation is also free.

For other customers, please contact our sales team for pricing at sales@mercuryminds.com

i am looking to use the sage pay iframe payment system and am interested in purchasing your one page checkout.

can you tell me how the iframe is integrated into your one page checkout - do customers stay on the same page and what changes are there to the look of you one page checkout when it is implemented.

are there any demos or screenshots that i can take a look at?

The following user thanks a333 for this useful post:
Dongan (04-20-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 AM

X-Wizard

Drop an email to sales@mercuryminds.com. The sales team will send you the screen shots.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a333
i am looking to use the sage pay iframe payment system and am interested in purchasing your one page checkout.

can you tell me how the iframe is integrated into your one page checkout - do customers stay on the same page and what changes are there to the look of you one page checkout when it is implemented.

are there any demos or screenshots that i can take a look at?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongan
Drop an email to sales@mercuryminds.com. The sales team will send you the screen shots.

Thank you.

how long does it normally take to respond?

ive sent 2 emails and 2 support tickets, so 4 emails in total, with no response.

i have an open ticket dating from the 14th and a 2nd ticket after you replied to this thread open since the 20th.

The following user thanks a333 for this useful post:
Dongan (04-24-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by a333
how long does it normally take to respond?

ive sent 2 emails and 2 support tickets, so 4 emails in total, with no response.

i have an open ticket dating from the 14th and a 2nd ticket after you replied to this thread open since the 20th.

It shouldn't. There is something wrong in receiving your emails or in our system. Let me get back to you. PMing you now asking your email address. Thank you.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4