Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Enable/Disable Profile Modified Email from Admin

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-31-2004, 02:47 PM

X-Man

Please don't post all of the code. I am getting a headache trying to look at it. Just post the relevant stuff. Because you posted all of that the page displays so wide that it is crazy. Please go back and delete all of the extra cr@p.

You are modding the wrong code. You have modded a different area of the file. Go back and look at the code in the examples above.

Around line 158-160 ish. That's where the change needs to happen. There are a lot of lines that are similar, so you need to read what you are changing.

Look for this line in your file and then you will have the correct area.

#
# Send mail to registered user
#
$customer_language = func_get_language ($newuser_info["language"]);
Old 05-31-2004, 03:32 PM

Advanced Member

Originally I cut and pasted the examples at the top, which is how I eliminate the possibility of me messing up the new code. I searched for the "original code" posted by BoomBoomBap in register.php , and there was only 1 instance, so that is what I replaced with his new code.

The portion of original code that starts with
Code:
$customer_language = func_get_language ($newuser_info["language"]);
was not mentioned prior to your last post so I was unaware that this code needed to be changed. I searched for this and added the new if statement so starting at line 156 I now have

Code:
# # Send mail to registered user # $customer_language = func_get_language ($newuser_info["language"]); if ($config["General"]["modify_emails"]=="Y"){ func_send_mail($newuser_info["email"], "mail/profile_modified_subj.tpl", "mail/profile_modified.tpl", $config["Company"]["users_department"], false); # # Send mail to customers department # func_send_mail($config["Company"]["users_department"], "mail/profile_admin_modified_subj.tpl", "mail/profile_admin_modified.tpl", $newuser_info["email"], true);}

which seems to have done the trick. Modified a profile and neither the client nor the administrator received an e-mail. Whew.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:58 PM

Advanced Member

Me again!

I am just setting up 3.5.8 and today I noticed that when a customer profile is modified, I don't see the confirmation message. $txt_profile_modified is defined (still at the default "Your profile has been modified."), and skin1/customer/main/register.tpl still calls is with
Code:
{if $smarty.post.mode eq "update" or $smarty.get.mode eq "update"} {$lng.txt_profile_modified}

Register.php and register.tpl are the only files that would control this, right? The only editing I have done to either is the change above. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:00 PM

X-Man

Do you have the emails enabled or disabled?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:16 PM

Advanced Member

They are disabled. It would just be too much e-mail to recieve them, but I'm sure you relate as we're both using this mod!

EDIT: I tried deselecting this option, but the confirmation message still does not appear on the page. Additionally, the confirmation e-mails are blank except for the title.

Also, note that I am now trying this in version 3.5.8. I originally got it working fine in 3.4.14, but 3.5.8 is where I'm finding all these issues.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:20 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunk
Code:
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('modify_emails', 'Modification emails sent', 'Y', 'General', 1000, 'Checkbox');

Can anyone direct me to where I can read up on how to insert stuff into a MySql database? I do not see a command line in my program to do this...

Mike
Old 07-08-2004, 05:53 PM

X-Man

What version are you using please? It should be in your forum signature.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:48 PM

Advanced Member

Sorry Adpboss, I have added the information into my signature as you have requested.

X-Cart 4.0.9 Gold (In Development)
No Live Site

Server version: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
Old 07-08-2004, 09:55 PM

X-Man

Cool. That makes it easier to answer your questions because each point release 3.X is different than the last.

In the admin you can go to patch/upgrade and enter it into the Apply SQL Patch, Queries box.

Please do a FULL backup of your database before attempting this.

If the database patches then you are laughing. This is an easy and excellent mod. They included similar email mods in the 4.0 beta.

There is no reason why it shouldn't patch but if you have a problem, just post back here again!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Advanced Member

I am feeling real stupid here.... with my old cart I was a wiz and was helping everyone out in the forums and here I cant even keep my head above water.

I tried going into Patch/Upgrade and tried to make this happen and it told me it succesfully did it and I do not see this anywhere in the general setting area.

Help Please...

X-Cart 4.0.9 Gold (In Development)
No Live Site

Server version: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions