Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How do I > current categories only on the left, root on t

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 01-20-2003, 11:48 AM

Default How do I > current categories only on the left, root on t

I would like the root categories to remain on the top horizontally. Whenever someone chooses a category, I would like the sub-categories to load on the left, above the other windows.

This is very imporant. Any help would be greatly appreciated

example of what I mean : http://www.aaronsapparel.com/2cute.html
Old 02-01-2003, 10:57 PM

Default I need help with that too

Only I don't want to move the category, I just want to get rid of it all together. Where do I go to edit this?
Old 02-02-2003, 04:35 AM

X-Guru

the categories file is added via an include statemnet in the home.tpl file

if you want to remove it then just remove that bit of code.

I would say to have the subs in teh box and the main across the top you would need to edit that part of the code too

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 02-02-2003, 11:48 AM

I understand what I must do to erase the categories from the left. But, to split the main categories and have the subcategories on the left would I split the

Code:
{ include file="customer/categories.tpl" }

file into two templates? If so, here is the code for categories.tpl... What should I do with it?
Code:
{* $Id: categories.tpl,v 1.16 2002/10/21 07:06:43 zorg Exp $ *} <TABLE border=0 cellPadding=5 cellSpacing=0 width=100%> <TR> <TD class=VertMenuTitle height=26 width=26 valign=center>[img]{$ImagesDir}/dingbats_categorie.gif[/img]</TD> <TD class=VertMenuTitle height=26 valign=center width="80%"><FONT class=VertMenuTitle>{$lng.lbl_categories}</FONT></TD> </TR> <tr><td colspan=2 nowrap> {if $config.General.root_categories eq "Y"} {section name=cat_num loop=$categories} <font class=CategoriesList>{ $categories[cat_num].category|escape }</font> {/section} {else} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} <font class=CategoriesList>{ $subcategories[cat_num].category|escape }</font> {/section} {/if} </td></tr> </TABLE>

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:49 AM

Would I have two seperate include statements on home.tpl? One, the old categories.tpl, and the other, the newly created template?
Old 02-02-2003, 10:25 PM

eXpert

Greetings,

I think what you need to do is to edit your categories.tpl so that the categories display horozontally (easy to do) Then put in the include for it in your horozontal navigation bar. For the left side, you will want to add in location.tpl and remove it from the home.tpl / products.tpl / whatever other .tpl pages it appears in. This way, the current location will be on the left.

Cameron
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design