Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 AM
  Eugene Popovsky's Avatar 
Eugene Popovsky Eugene Popovsky is offline
 

Member
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13
 

Lightbulb Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

http://x-cart-customization.com/shop/images/P/v01detailed.jpg

Featured Products Slide Show X-Cart plugin allows you to rotate featured products in one block by means of JavaScript. When mouse pointer appears over an image in the slideshow - the product title and default price are displayed in a tooltip. To navigate to product details page visitor just clicks the current image.

For more details please visit http://x-cart-customization.com/shop/product.php?productid=13
__________________
Regards,
Eugene

Professional X-Cart Skins Store
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:49 AM
 
Acquamarina Acquamarina is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 811
 

Default Re: Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

Hi, Eugene,

Do the Featured Products have to appear under the slide show or can one use the slide show alone without actually displaying the Featured Products underneath?

Thanks,

Vera
__________________
Vera B
4.4.5
CFLSystems.com mods, Kosmos eBay Integration, Feed Manager Pro, custom mods, BCSEngineering Mods, CDSEO PRO
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 AM
  Eugene Popovsky's Avatar 
Eugene Popovsky Eugene Popovsky is offline
 

Member
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13
 

Default Re: Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

Hi Vera,

Both variants are possible.
You may even place it into the left or right column.
__________________
Regards,
Eugene

Professional X-Cart Skins Store
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 PM
 
scraps scraps is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 60
 

Default Re: Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

I purchased this mod from you last week. I have written but not heard anything from you, so have opted to try the forum hoping you are subscribed to this thread.

Several things..

I am trying to install this on my frontpage. I've installed it and got it working perfectly, however, is there no way it could just pick a random product instead of working off featured products?

I have telafirma's random featured product installed on my site, and that allows me to show featured products without having to check mark each product under categories. Could your mod not work in somewhat the same way?

The other thing, there is no configurations for this module in terms of image size. It works off from what I can gather the product image, and I'd rather it work off the thumbnail image, or allow us to "size" them in the configuration to an overall generic sizing, simply because with images that are of different sizings, the "text" also "bounces" when the image is changing. Allowing us to set a size range would eliminate the bouncing text.

When I tried to customize the look, I got nowhere, because it's all in the tpl file and doesn't allow for customizing the overall look of the mod. (Let's say I want a background, no way to do that, that I could figure out anyway)

I also think it would be better to call the script from a .js file instead of having the script load into the page, since this is known to be a faster method of loading a page.

Also, this addon disabled another javascript I have running in my header. It comes down to the /if statement. I realize it's needed, but how can I get around it disabling the header javascript. If I make a choice on which addon to keep, it's going to be the header over this script, because I like it better and it works without any problem involved, other than when I install this script.

This could be such a cool addon, I hope you will improve it.
__________________
Marian
Host: Successful Hosting
X-Cart version 4.1.9
PHP 4.3.10
MySql 4.0.22-standard
Web server Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)
Operating system Linux
Perl 5.8.3
http://www.seamstobesew.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2008, 02:10 AM
  Holub's Avatar 
Holub Holub is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 432
 

Default Re: Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

Marian,
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps
I am trying to install this on my frontpage. I've installed it and got it working perfectly, however, is there no way it could just pick a random product instead of working off featured products?
Our module shows Featured products in order of array being retrieved from database. You can modify /modules/Featured_ISS/func.php to retrieve random products from database:

Old code:
Code:
if ($products = func_query("select p.productid, product, list_price, pr.price as price, i.id from $sql_tbl[products] p inner join $sql_tbl[featured_products] f on f.productid=p.productid inner join $sql_tbl[images_T] i on p.productid = i.id left join $sql_tbl[pricing] pr on pr.productid=p.productid where f.avail = 'Y' and f.categoryid = 0 and pr.variantid = 0;")) { foreach($products as $k => $v) { $fprod[$k][0] = $v['productid']; $fprod[$k][1] = $v['product']; $fprod[$k][2] = $v['price'] ? $v['price'] : $v['list_price']; $fprod[$k][3] = $v['id']; } }

New code:
Code:
if ($products = func_query("select p.productid, product, list_price, pr.price as price, i.id from $sql_tbl[products] p inner join $sql_tbl[images_T] i on p.productid = i.id left join $sql_tbl[pricing] pr on pr.productid=p.productid where p.forsale = 'Y' and p.avail > '0' and pr.variantid = 0;")) { shuffle($products); foreach($products as $k => $v) { $fprod[$k][0] = $v['productid']; $fprod[$k][1] = $v['product']; $fprod[$k][2] = $v['price'] ? $v['price'] : $v['list_price']; $fprod[$k][3] = $v['id']; } }

This code allows to select all available products instead of Featured Products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps
I have telafirma's random featured product installed on my site, and that allows me to show featured products without having to check mark each product under categories. Could your mod not work in somewhat the same way?

I think I've answered in previous point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps
The other thing, there is no configurations for this module in terms of image size. It works off from what I can gather the product image, and I'd rather it work off the thumbnail image, or allow us to "size" them in the configuration to an overall generic sizing, simply because with images that are of different sizings, the "text" also "bounces" when the image is changing. Allowing us to set a size range would eliminate the bouncing text.

Please find this row in /modules/Featured_ISS/featurediss.tpl

Code:
imgContainer.innerHTML = '<a id="rotator_url" onclick="javascript: window.location=\'product.php?productid='+aw_iss_data[0][0]+'\';"><img id="rotator" src="image.php?type=T&id=' + aw_iss_data[0][3] + '" /></a>';
and replace with
Code:
imgContainer.innerHTML = '<a id="rotator_url" onclick="javascript: window.location=\'product.php?productid='+aw_iss_data[0][0]+'\';"><img id="rotator" src="image.php?type=T&id=' + aw_iss_data[0][3] + '" width="100" /></a>';
You can change image size by adjusting 'width' parameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps
When I tried to customize the look, I got nowhere, because it's all in the tpl file and doesn't allow for customizing the overall look of the mod. (Let's say I want a background, no way to do that, that I could figure out anyway)

Why you can't customize the look if it's all in the tpl file? /skin1/modules/Featured_ISS/featurediss.tpl


Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps
I also think it would be better to call the script from a .js file instead of having the script load into the page, since this is known to be a faster method of loading a page.

It's impossible, because we need to use Smatry variables in Javascript which being parsed before loading, but JS file being loaded by browser only after main HTML is loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps
Also, this addon disabled another javascript I have running in my header. It comes down to the /if statement. I realize it's needed, but how can I get around it disabling the header javascript. If I make a choice on which addon to keep, it's going to be the header over this script, because I like it better and it works without any problem involved, other than when I install this script.

Please provide more information on this.
__________________
Regards,
Anthony Holub

X-Cart Skins Store
- twenty two different skins available;
- both 4.1.x and 4.2.x versions compatible;
- refresh you store now!

Smart menu X-Cart add-on
Featured Products Slide Show X-Cart add-on
"What's New?" FREE X-Cart add-on
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2008, 04:17 PM
 
scraps scraps is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 60
 

Default Re: Featured Products Slide Show Plugin

Thank you for replying, I will retry this mod with your changes and see how it goes.

Just because "you" could modify this in the .tpl does not mean the average user can modify it. You state in #8 of your instructions to insert the code where you want it placed, but if I want to place a background or a border around the plugin it's not possible in my knowledge of html, because of how the slideshow lays out, I can place a background around the table I place it in, or a border, but not on the slideshow part itself and that is what I was wanting to do so it would reflect the design of the site itself.

My next question goes to how about adding an ability to "pick" the products I wish to feature on the slideshow. While random is nice, I'd rather be able to choose images or the products themselves that would be featured on the slideshow. It'd be a good opportunity to showcase new items for instance that are added versus all random or featured products.

Thank you,
__________________
Marian
Host: Successful Hosting
X-Cart version 4.1.9
PHP 4.3.10
MySql 4.0.22-standard
Web server Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)
Operating system Linux
Perl 5.8.3
http://www.seamstobesew.com
Reply With Quote
Reply
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:04 AM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2020