Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

"Exit Offers" module for X-Cart 5

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-04-2014, 02:37 AM

X-Cart team

Default "Exit Offers" module for X-Cart 5

Hello!

I'm happy to announce the new module for X-Cart 5 - Exit Offers!

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B30841nNJgxCeUdvNnRzVHNwOVU

How this works: when a visitor moves the mouse towards browser tabs, the module shows the exit popup with the content configured by the store administor. So, you may try to get the visitor back to your website by giving him, for example, a discount coupon. Or letting him know about some special offer available in your online store.

The popup shows up only once per visitor to not annoy them.

It is possible to set up multiple exit popups so that, for example, visitors without items in their carts will see a "general" offer, while visitors having products in their carts will get a better discount coupon.

The module preloads the popup contents and updates it with Ajax in background, so the delay before the popup pops up is minimal

Also, it is possible to use the Theme Tweaker module to change styles of the exit popup as you want (or you can add your styles with a custom module).

Feel free to ask me there if you have any questions or face any issues with the module.

Thanks!
Slava

The following 2 users thank xplorer for this useful post:
ADDISON (08-06-2014), Ksenia (08-04-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 02:40 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: New Exit Offers module for X-Cart 5

In case you wonder how I get the exit popup as on the screenshot:

1. The popup code:
Code:
<div style="width: 500px; box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #000;"> <div style="height: 7px;"> <table class="exit-popup-top-border" style="width: 100%; border: none;" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="background-color: #ffb861;">&nbsp;</td> <td style="background-color: #32d0d9;">&nbsp;</td> <td style="background-color: #ff6961;">&nbsp;</td> <td style="background-color: #32d93b;">&nbsp;</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </div> <h3 style="padding-bottom: 10px; font-size: 32px; color: #666; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; margin: 1.5em auto 0.5em; width: 350px;">Free shipping on your first order!</h3> <div style="padding: 0.5em 2em 2em; color: #333; font-size: 17px; line-height: 1.3; margin-top: 0.5en;"> <p>All first web orders automatically receive free shipping! It's just one more way we guarantee you unbeatable savings and service.</p> <p style="text-align: center;"><a href="./">Return back to the site</a></p> </div> </div>

2. Extra styles added with the Theme Tweaker module:
Code:
.exit-offer-popup-dialog.no-title .exit-offer-contents { padding: 0; } .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog { border-radius: 6px; padding: 0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 25px rgba(0,0,0,0.6); } .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar-close { position: absolute; top: 43px; right: 6px; background-size: 10px 10px; background-color: #ddd; width: 20px; height: 20px; border-radius: 12px; background-position: 5px 5px; } .exit-popup-top-border, .exit-popup-top-border tbody, .exit-popup-top-border td, .exit-popup-top-border tr { border: none; } .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-offer-contents, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-offer-contents + div, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-offer-contents + div + div, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-popup-top-border, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-popup-top-border tbody, .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-popup-top-border tr { border-radius: 6px; } .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-popup-top-border td:first-child { border-top-left-radius: 6px; } .ui-dialog.exit-offer-popup-dialog .exit-popup-top-border td:last-child { border-top-right-radius: 6px; } .exit-popup-top-border td { font-size: 1px; }

The above code is just an example. You should tweak it to make sure that it will appear properly on all target browsers.

Thanks!

The following user thanks xplorer for this useful post:
Ksenia (08-04-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 02:47 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: New Exit Offers module for X-Cart 5

A mighty little thing.
I look forward to the first feedback of happy merchants, who increase conversions instantly!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:49 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: "Exit Offers" module for X-Cart 5

I just had a request for a module like this today - however sadly it's for a classic 4.6 version of X-Cart.

I trust all new modules will be strictly version 5 only?

Last edited by rocky : 11-30-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:04 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
I just had a request for a module like this today - however sadly it's for a classic 4.6 version of X-Cart.

Thank you for your interest. We will consider developing this extension for X-Cart Classic versions.

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
BBM_ (08-05-2014)
Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_

Great news! The module is now available for X-Cart 4 Classic beginning from 4.5.0 version and up

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/exit_offers.html

If you are still interested in this module for 4.6 feel free to purchase it )

The following user thanks rocky for this useful post:
BBM_ (12-01-2015)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements