Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

For those having issues with Xpayments....

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 07-26-2013, 05:43 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: For those having issues with Xpayments....

Hi Everyone,

We are going to publish a knowledge base article about callbacks, calls, etc X-Payments does in order to explain users how it works and what all those callbacks are.

While the article is being created at http://help.x-cart.com I am sharing a Google doc explaining all of that here:
https://docs.google.com/a/x-cart.com/document/d/170A0kl3kK6cZzuFfq9s1vNAaO8hWtjNE6E1Psrktj98/

It should help everyone to understand e.g. what to put into "IP addresses for X-Payments callbacks"in X-Payments connector module settings

I hope it will help.
X-Payments product manager

The following 4 users thank ambal for this useful post:
bullfrog (07-26-2013), carpeperdiem (07-26-2013), cflsystems (07-26-2013), tartaglia (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM

X-Adept

Thanks Alex! That is a great start at an article to help everyone! I will be sure to check the final version to see how it compares to my store which is working using a particular IP in my X-Payments Callbacks field.

One small, request, maybe out of scope, how difficult would it be to include the status of the order# as it relates to the activity of the checkout process (therby explaining the relationship between the order statuses is XC and the order statuses in X-Payments). I know I would benefit from this greatly to understand why the lists of order isn both systems don't always coordinate clearly.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:06 AM

X-Adept

Alex...Just checking up on your document...

When I get an error email sent to me that says:

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:18:08 -0500 [07/23/2013 06:18:08 PM CDT]
Subject: Callback to online store is failed.
Callback to "http://<onlinestore>/home.php" online store is failed.

This notification has been sent by X-Payments installation at "<x-payments domain>" .

I got two of these emails within 9 minutes of each other.

According to your document I should see some explanation of this incident in the <xpay-dir>/var/log/admin/2013-07-23/ or <xpay-dir>/var/log/payment/2013-07-23/ or <xcart-dir>/var/log/x-errors_xpay_connector-130723.php. But none of the files or log files in any of those locations show any kind of error.

Can you explain this? What am I looking for? Am I looking in the right locations?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 AM

X-Cart team

> One small, request, maybe out of scope, how difficult would it be to include the
> status of the order# as it relates to the activity of the checkout process (therby
> explaining the relationship between the order statuses is XC and the order statuses
> in X-Payments). I know I would benefit from this greatly to understand why the
> lists of order isn both systems don't always coordinate clearly.

David, it is configured at X-Payments Connector settings. See "6. Establish mapping rules." at http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:X-Payments_Connector#Configuring_X-Payments_Connector
X-Payments product manager
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 AM

X-Adept

Thank you Alex, but I am aware of the mapping rules. The extra information I am looking for is similar to the following:

1. at what point in the checkout process is the XC order # actually get assigned?
2. at what point in the process does XP become aware of the XC order #?
3. if the cc transaction does not go through, does the order# stay in XC, what about in XP?
4. what happens to the order# in XC and XP if the customer abandons the order process at some point?
5. what happens to the order # in XC and XP if the customer makes multiple attempts to get the cc transaction to go through and is eventually successful?

Things like that, it seems such information might be able to be added to the diagram in the document you are putting together that shows the XC/XP process flow.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 AM

Veteran

1. Order # is assigned as soon as customer clicks on "place order". This is way before they rich any payment processing.
2. After order is actually placed within XC orders tables, some emails are send (if set to be send, like initialized orders), some other internal tasks are done - like points, quantity decrease, etc.
3. Yes it does.
4. If customer abandons order before "place order" there is no order # assigned, nothing has happened; if they leave at the CC info screen - order has been placed within XC already and it will show as initialized or queued but stays in XC; it will also show in X-Payments as cancelled (or whatever status is assigned to it for this).
5. This will create multiple sequential order # - last one will be successful, all previous attempts - cancelled, failed, declined...

Please note though that this is not entirely X-Payments fault - it is how XC deals with orders and yes it is wrong as order record is created first before anything else happens...
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
1. at what point in the checkout process is the XC order # actually get assigned?
2. at what point in the process does XP become aware of the XC order #?
3. if the cc transaction does not go through, does the order# stay in XC, what about in XP?
4. what happens to the order# in XC and XP if the customer abandons the order process at some point?
5. what happens to the order # in XC and XP if the customer makes multiple attempts to get the cc transaction to go through and is eventually successful?

David, is this an exercise in trial lawyering?
(never ask a question you don't know the answer to?)
or the inverse: ask the question that you know the answer to, just to get the guilty party to admit to it in public...

I think the latter.

We know that XPC ajax and X-Payments order flow is flawed. I invested in Altered Cart C1 and C1XPC to solve some of these very issues. But not all.

Until X-Cart invents a new checkout user experience, x-payments' hands are tied.

I think XP should wait for xcart to fix the checkout.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM

X-Adept

My intent was not malicious in nature at all (no underlying intent).

I truly thought that Alex's document was helpful. I am currently trying to cleanup some of the 'droppings' in terms of orders that X-P lists on its Payment Details page that say they are Status="New", but in reality I believe they exist as a result of XC telling XP there was an order coming even before the customer ever attempted to provide cc details. Accoring to the definition of "New" in XP its says...

"New – The status indicating that the payment gateway has been asked to make the payment, but the result is not known yet (the payment gateway has not answered or the admin has to process the payment manually). "

When in reality the "payment gateway WAS NEVER asked to make the payment" in these cases.

I just want to clean up my stuff every 6 months or so to keep things lean and mean.

Providing this kind of visibility in Alex's document would help lots of other people do the same, once they undersatnd why so many "New" entries exist in XP.

To your point, I wish it didn't work this way, but it does and so you have to clean up the "droppings" every once in a while.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:10 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
My intent was not malicious in nature at all (no underlying intent).

To your point, I wish it didn't work this way, but it does and so you have to clean up the "droppings" every once in a while.

I was trying to be funny. That failed.

But there is truth in the question(s)

X-P can't help you until the checkout works without hoop jumping.
Altered Cart XPC solved some of these issues. Some.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:29 PM

X-Adept

The humor was not lost . It was very much appreciated. It has been a long day. Time to go home for me and have a beer. We'll go at it again on Monday!
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions