Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Inviting beta testers for new e-commerce product.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-11-2003, 03:17 AM

X-Cart team

Default Inviting beta testers for new e-commerce product.

Dear X-cart users,

Our company is glad to announce that in September we are planning to release new product which will extend our e-commerce product line. The new e-commerce software is called LiteCommerce and will be targeted for auditory less experienced in web technologies. Our major attempt with LiteCommerce is to make the process of creating and managing e-commerce store as easy as surfing the web. Key features of the software: unlike X-Cart, LiteCommerce is object-oriented; it has support for modular architecture and is expandable by add-on modules (including possibility of creating third-party add-ons), WYSIWYG design using third party HTML editors (like FrontPage and Dreamweaver), GUI CSS and image customization, Windows-based Installation wizard plus control panel, Quickstart wizard and much moreБ─╕
X-Cart and LiteCommerce products will complement each other helping us to cover the needs of wider auditory.
Both products will be available for sale at the same time, there will be new releases of both X-Cart and LiteCommerce.

Now we are seeking for volunteers who wish to participate in beta-testing of the LiteCommerce product. If you are interested please send your request for participation at address: beta@x-cart.com with subject: "Request for beta-testing" before Aug 14. Please specify the following information:

1. Country where you are doing business.
2. Which operation system do you have for beta testing purposes?
3. Describe your skill levels in web technologies.
4. Your email which you are using as a login for the members area.
5. URL where you are planning to perform beta-testing (eg. http://www.mysite.com or http://localhost).

Please note that number of beta testers is limited therefore we will select candidatures to cover wider range of potential users. If you will be enrolled we will contact you with further instructions. Thank you
Old 08-11-2003, 07:10 AM

Advanced Member

Hello Dmitry,

This really sounds like an exciting product. Is it too early to ask what sort of price point the base package will be sold at?
Old 08-11-2003, 08:28 AM

X-Adept

Hmm..

Sounds interesting!
Old 08-13-2003, 05:19 AM

Advanced Member

Will this in any way be more featureful than x-cart?

If so, will x-cart users be able to upgrade for a minimal fee. I just purchase x-cart less than a month ago, and I just wish that I had known about this new software so I could have made a more educated decision. And along those lines, with licenses recently purchased, can we have the option to switch to that software if we would like, and if the price is different pay the difference in price?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2003, 05:34 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbak
Will this in any way be more featureful than x-cart?

If so, will x-cart users be able to upgrade for a minimal fee. I just purchase x-cart less than a month ago, and I just wish that I had known about this new software so I could have made a more educated decision. And along those lines, with licenses recently purchased, can we have the option to switch to that software if we would like, and if the price is different pay the difference in price?

Thanks!

The "basic" version of LiteCommerce will not have as many features as X-Cart has (though it will have some features missing in X-Cart). It will also cost slightly cheaper than X-Cart. However, LiteCommerce will be expandable to higher functionality (and price) using modules (including third-party modules).
LiteCommerce is created in order to make running of an e-commerce store easier, even for customers not experienced in web development.
One can use "basic" version of LiteCommerce (not overloaded with hundreds of features that are not yet needed), then get add-ons and increase the store functionality on-demand (thus decreasing the learning curve and expenses).

There will be X-Cart => LiteCommerce migration tool (though I do not think that most of X-Cart users need to switch to LiteCommerce; LiteCommerce is not "better" or "worse", it just has other conceptions). I'm not yet ready to talk about pricing and release date.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 08-27-2003, 04:46 AM

X-Adept

Is it possible to get a Forum Section for LITE COMMERCE beta testers? I think it would help discuss the issues. I would like to know what others think and what problems they see.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:56 AM

X-Adept

Default their is

their is one, ask verbic and he can sign you up an account
Old 08-27-2003, 04:58 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikefx.com
Is it possible to get a Forum Section for LITE COMMERCE beta testers? I think it would help discuss the issues. I would like to know what others think and what problems they see.

Actually, this forum does exist and you should have received an e-mail from the LiteCommerce developers with your login data for LiteCommerce beta forum. It seems like this e-mail is lost. I will make sure that they re-send it immediately.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 08-27-2003, 05:27 AM

X-Adept

AH HA!

Holding out on me, I SEE!

:P
Old 08-27-2003, 06:53 AM

eXpert

I would also like to help, if still open.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements