Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart Speed Booster!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-17-2013, 07:06 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-cart Speed Booster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnc2
trying to resolve my problems, i found ANOTHER big problem, not sure if t is only mine or general.

what happens to cached page if i delete the related product from database?

google send me people on pages of deleted products, they don't exist anymore in my database neither in categories and manufacturer page, but single cached page still exists.

these are 2 examples:
http://www.wnc2.biz/scitec-nutrition-anabol-x-90cps.html
http://www.wnc2.biz/offerta-natural-project-tirosil-stack-80cpr.html

these products don't exist anymore since a couple of months, but the cached pages still exist.

obviously if i try to add the product to cart i go to 404 page

PLEASE don't tell me this is related to the fund_flush issue

HOW can i resolve this NEW problem?

Hi Davide,

When you regenerate the cache, do you use the option 'Flush Cache'? That will get rid of product pages like this that no longer exist.

Let me know!

thanks,
Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Hi Davide,

When you regenerate the cache, do you use the option 'Flush Cache'? That will get rid of product pages like this that no longer exist.

Let me know!

thanks,
Carrie

No.

i don't use flush, because i fear to loose all previous cached pages, and then new cached product pages are not generated
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)
Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 AM

X-Guru

Hi Davide,

I would use that option then atleast every so often. The Cache does run fine, unfortunately you just can't see the progress since the func_flush doesn't work on your server. If the cache fails to generate, the module does fall back and just use PHP and normal X-cart. So you shouldn't have a worry of any site issues other than not being faster.

If you set up a cron, you can set the cron to email you the results. I'd recommend going that way since the func_flush doesn't work on your server.

Let me know though if you have questions on that.

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Hi Davide,

I would use that option then atleast every so often. The Cache does run fine, unfortunately you just can't see the progress since the func_flush doesn't work on your server. If the cache fails to generate, the module does fall back and just use PHP and normal X-cart. So you shouldn't have a worry of any site issues other than not being faster.

If you set up a cron, you can set the cron to email you the results. I'd recommend going that way since the func_flush doesn't work on your server.

Let me know though if you have questions on that.

Carrie

1) i doubt the product cache works
2) the automatic update SURELY doesn't work
3) the cron job give error, and x-cart "expert" told me it is a cli.php problem.

the funny thing is that the problems are always caused by someone else
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
1) i doubt the product cache works
2) the automatic update SURELY doesn't work
3) the cron job give error, and x-cart "expert" told me it is a cli.php problem.

the funny thing is that the problems are always caused by someone else

Hi Davide,

1. Not sure why you doubt it works when you can see the speed when your IP is in the config. I can see it right now as 0.0025 seconds for product pages.
2. I don't have any reports of this not working on other sites, you can update your ticket and we can look into it for you. We use the auto update on ours as well without issues.
3. I don't think we were aware of any cron issues. You are welcome to update your ticket here as well. We and many other clients are using the cron feature too.

Thanks

Carrie

Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Hi Davide,

1. Not sure why you doubt it works when you can see the speed when your IP is in the config. I can see it right now as 0.0025 seconds for product pages.
2. I don't have any reports of this not working on other sites, you can update your ticket and we can look into it for you. We use the auto update on ours as well without issues.
3. I don't think we were aware of any cron issues. You are welcome to update your ticket here as well. We and many other clients are using the cron feature too.

Thanks

Carrie

i've opened a couple of tickets but you say it's all ok, and after some days you close the ticket.

ABOUT POINT 2

PLEASE feel free to edit one or more product of your choice on my site, add whatever you want or edit as you prefer, you have my data to enter it, THEN check if the product/s are updated or not.

your code is entered correctly in product_modify.php.

i edit several products every day and they are NOT updated.

PLEASE check and give us a reply here

regards

davide
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
i've opened a couple of tickets but you say it's all ok, and after some days you close the ticket.

ABOUT POINT 2

PLEASE feel free to edit one or more product of your choice on my site, add whatever you want or edit as you prefer, you have my data to enter it, THEN check if the product/s are updated or not.

your code is entered correctly in product_modify.php.

i edit several products every day and they are NOT updated.

PLEASE check and give us a reply here

regards

davide

Hi Davide,

We don't close a ticket unless we don't get a response to our questions or suggestions. If we don't get any feedback, then we can only assume you got the server fixed. I don't see a reply in a month from you. We've been more than happy to help when we have information and have done a lot of digging to figure out the one server issue with X-cart. I'm really surprised they haven't fixed that for you. Their server should be fully compatible with X-cart.

I will check the install and get back to you.

Carrie

Old 06-19-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Hi Davide,

We don't close a ticket unless we don't get a response to our questions or suggestions. If we don't get any feedback, then we can only assume you got the server fixed. I don't see a reply in a month from you. We've been more than happy to help when we have information and have done a lot of digging to figure out the one server issue with X-cart. I'm really surprised they haven't fixed that for you. Their server should be fully compatible with X-cart.

I will check the install and get back to you.

Carrie

hi carrie,

summary of the situation at 06/19.

as before, the caching process works except for products caching.

last caching process i have checked the flush and now products are not cached, or better i don't see the black speed test (my IP is in the list), home page, categories and manufacturers have speed test

as you well know about the func_flush issue, i see results for categories and manufacturers caching process suddenly at the end of the process, i see at the end BUT I SEE results, instead for products caching NOTHING HAPPENS also if i remain on the page for 3 or more hours, due i have around 1000 products i should see results suddenly after 17/20min but no way.

when i run products caching, home page become 303, it seems i have problem only with home page i must rerun the home page cache to have it visible again

due the products are not cached now, i can edit them and i see results in real time.

instead if i edit a category (for example adding test to description) or manufacture, they are not updated in real time.

===UPDATE OF 1HR AFTER THIS MESSAGE, NOW ONLY THE HOME PAGE SEEMS CACHED, CATEGORIES AND MANUFACTURERS DOESN'T SHOW SPEED TEST BLACK SQUARE ANYMORE===

about cronjob:

this is a working cronjob (the x-cart send_review_reminder):
cd /home/wncbiz/public_html; /usr/bin/php-cli -d safe_mode=Off send_review_reminders.php --key=MY KEY

this is set to run daily and is perfectly working i receive an email every morning.

this is your cronjob:

cd /home/wncbiz/public_html/modules/BCSE_Optimization; /usr/bin/php-cli -d safe_mode=Off cli.php -- --refresh_url_cache --fullpage_single=home --fullpage=products,categories,manufacturers,pages

with this cronjob absolutely nothing happens, it is set to "evey 5 min" so i can check it, but i don't receive email, neither good nor with errors.

i've tried to be more accurate possible, i post this reply and futher replies by your side also to x-cart forum as thanksgiving of your effort to resolve my problems.

regards

davide
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 AM

........ the third big mistery after atlantis anf JFK murder......

all seems to work now.

the content of first email from cronjob is:

/home/wncbiz/public_html/modules/BCSE_Optimization

caching done or not?

any way to know if cron job has been executed or not? you receive the next email, i've set support@bcsengineering.com as target email.

product update works now, it is VERY important for me, because i change many products almost daily.

how many time have you waited before the caching reports has been showed?

could you send me the file of the neew release?

do you consider 4.6 a mature release?

i check the rest deeply, i changed 3 livers since the speed booster installation, if speed booster works 100% it is a great program

thanks

davide
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 AM

X-Guru

Davide,

I think we have you all set. Here's the main take-away that fixed everything.

1. Your config in the speed booster did not have the proper path to php (yours was a bit different than the usual path to php). Once I changed that
a. Auto updates started working
b. The cron started working.

I'm glad we got things going for you but do let us know if you run into any other issues. I'll comment in your ticket about 4.6.x

Thanks,

Carrie

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4