Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

UPS - Setting Maximum Weight per box

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-06-2006, 07:40 PM

I tried Nicks little mod in 4.0.17 and it didn't work. When you add item to cart it just pulls up a blank screen...

Is this maybe a simple mistake on my part? I'm a total php newbie, so any assistance would be much appreciated
Old 01-18-2006, 01:04 PM

Advanced Member

I have 7 items all at different weights. In the product details I have the weight of 1 item. Each item will ship in its own box.

Will this mod allow each item / box be calculated by ups? If customer orders 10 item"A", will it give them the shipping of 10 boxes at that weight?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 01:16 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbman
I have 7 items all at different weights. In the product details I have the weight of 1 item. Each item will ship in its own box.

Will this mod allow each item / box be calculated by ups? If customer orders 10 item"A", will it give them the shipping of 10 boxes at that weight?
The code above should be easily tweaked to tie packages to quantity.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:48 PM

Advanced Member

I dont know much about php. Will I be able to look at the UPS files and see where to put the code from your fedex mod? Or should I pay someone to do this?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:58 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbman
I dont know much about php. Will I be able to look at the UPS files and see where to put the code from your fedex mod? Or should I pay someone to do this?
If you're familiar with some programming then it may help you incorporate it into UPS or another shipping method. I haven't done this for UPS yet so I'm not sure how much effort it will take.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 AM

Advanced Member

I am willing to pay someone to complete this mod for me. It wouldnt take someone who knew x-cart well a long time. I just dont have the php know how to make it work.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:25 AM

I need help on this as well. Our products are shipped by the case, and if someone orders more than one case, the UPS tool is treating it as one package with double the weight, so it's inaccurate.

Is there any way to set a weight limit per shipment, so that the UPS tool recognizes this and charges for multiple orders, not just a larger weight??
Old 08-06-2006, 11:44 AM

Default UPS Over 150 pounds

I recommend the last solution where items are rated as individual items if the total weight exceeds 150 pounds.

For those of us who are using x-cart Gold version 4.1.2 the $cart array definition where you need to add the "weight" definition is in file ../include/process_cart.php

$cart["products"][]=array("cartid"=>$cartid, "productid"=>$productid,"amount"=>$amount, "options"=>$product_options, "weight"=>$added_product["weight"], "free_price"=>@price_format(@$free_price),"distrib ution"=>$product_distribution);

It works GREAT. Thanks
Old 08-07-2006, 09:14 AM

Okay, so I used the first solution, and it appears to work in my shopping cart. But is it normal for the UPS "Test" utility to break? Now it doesn't function properly.

Can someone explain exactly how the mod works? Are all products treated as shipping separately? What does 150 pounds have to do with it? Sorry for my ignorance... any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: UPS - Setting Maximum Weight per box

I'm still having issues with this. Although it calculates my shipping costs correctly - the mod appears to have screwed up the internal UPS test utility - which my UPS labeler needs to reference. The error is:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in mod_UPS.php on line 288

Any ideas??
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions