Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

BCS Employee Link Control

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 AM

eXpert

Default BCS Employee Link Control

Hi guys

I have been using BCS Employee Link Control mod for a while now and had no issues until I tried to add an Administrator.

Basically, I would have expected that an Administrator would have all the rights the same as me but instead the new Administrator added has got no rights unless you add rights via the mod's link control. Is there any way that when an Administrator is added that he can have all rights instantly?

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM

Veteran

Default Re: BCS Employee Link Control

The mod probably takes over the whole add user process from admin so probably not without any modification to the mod
Old 05-15-2011, 10:02 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
The mod probably takes over the whole add user process from admin so probably not without any modification to the mod

I thought so. BCS should really have kept that original feature and offer it as a option when you add new admin.

Any idea how to modify it?

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 AM

Veteran

If this is the case most likely you can't modify it - files will be encrypted. You have to contact BCSE
Old 05-16-2011, 06:20 AM

X-Adept

You probably can modify it, but not directly. After the BCS files are included (namely the one that resets privileges) you can put in your own code. Then it would be executed like Full Rights -> No Rights -> Full Rights.
Not efficient in terms of SQL, but you probably aren't adding them constantly so its negligible.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
If this is the case most likely you can't modify it - files will be encrypted. You have to contact BCSE

Encrypted? Never seen it before! There is not a single mod I have bought and believe me I have most of them from all over that was not modified to my needs either by myself or by someone else. As long as you put in the code something like this {* ...... Added *} then there is no harm done and secondly don't go and sell it! BCS has also done this for me on many occasions when I wanted mods and features modified to my needs and their print look like this {* BCSE Added *}

Steve, I thought that this is what xcart is all about? Imagine that. Can▓t edit xcart or add-ons because it may be encrypted or copyright protected. Not sure I would have gone with xcart if that was the case..

Back to my issue, I will uninstall the mod for now and revert back to the original state until I have found a way to put that feature back in the mod. I just thought that maybe someone in the forum had the same issue in the past and was able to save me some hassle

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 05-16-2011, 06:14 PM

Veteran

I think you are mixing templates with php files. What you are talking about is a template, what I am talking about is the php script which actually does the job. The templates are used to only display the info. While XC itself is open source and there are no encrypted files you will be suprised to know that 99% of the 3rd party mods are encrypted, the php scripts. And there is nothing wrong with that.
You can either try the Shamun suggestion or contact BCSE and ask them to modify their mod
Old 05-16-2011, 11:11 PM

eXpert

Steve,

You are correct mate, php files are most of the time encrypted but developers are normally very wise and the functionality in their php file that they create that does the job is normally done in such a way that the .tpl can control the way the PHP functions unless of course they did not think of an IF when the mod was created. Do I understand this correct?

This particular mod has a permission_templates.tpl file but then again I was an A*** because all I really had to do to sort my issue was to go to Membership levels and create any other membership apart from "Fulfilment staff" as the mod only appears to be working on "Fulfilment staff". Any other membership level you create has got all rights same as provider - This would have been handy to have known in advance

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 AM

Veteran

Glad you sorted out.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 PM

X-Guru

Dan,

It shouldn't effect regular admins. ONLY Fulfillment staff. So you should have been able to select in your X-cart admin 'not member' and it would have operated like a normal admin. I would guess that maybe something was customized on your site to not allow this. We use this mod we created as well and didn't have to do anything special to have normal admins. It only takes over fulfillment staff settings.

thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4