Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to edit the Welcome Message in the front of the store?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-02-2006, 09:44 AM

Default How to edit the Welcome Message in the front of the store?

IU am new, read the mnaual and all it says is to go into webmaster mode and read the instructions, well it does not tell you were the test is to edit it..It's sad I have teh store working tested an order and I cannot bring it online cause I cannot chnage a simple welcome mesaage in the customer entrance..

Now that is stupid, I can manuever all over OS Commerce and have no problems, thank god I got 30 days to return this software and go back to osc.

And no one here seems to want to help, I had one rude response yesterday from someone telling me to read teh manual of which I did and found others had teh same problem I am having but no one answered them either, is this how it is over here at xcart??

To each his own??
Old 05-02-2006, 10:30 AM

Veteran

vdospec,

I have asked you once already...PLEASE read the forum rules. You have now posted this same question in 3 different threads (one of which I removed). One question is more than sufficient. Also, PLEASE update your signature. Each version of X-Cart is different and the answers you get will depend on what version you are using. Instead of asking you each time, it is much easier if your signature simply states this.

This is not mean to be rude (nor was my other response in a thread of yours), I am simply trying to moderate the forum. Posting all over the place and screaming about how easy another shopping cart system is to use is not going to get you help any faster.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Default I am not Screaming for one thing

I certainly am not "Screaming" where do you get that I am screaming? and why do you not just answer the question then, since you are a XCart Developer you certainly ought to know what to do..

I paid for a license and support and the forums are suppose to be part of that support..

There is no rule that states I must put my cart version into my signature, I am sure you people would like to boss people around as moderators and such but one thing I do not tolerate is a god like attitude.

And I posted in more than one forum for a reason, to be sure I was in teh right forum, if you keep removing my posts then I will be forced to complain to Xcart owners about no support in the forums.

Each of my posts were different and had a different theme.

Now maybe if you help alittle as you ovisously know teh answer none of this would have happened.

My version is 4.1 XCart. I am not sure what exact version it is othewise I would be glad to put it in my signature, and all you had to do was ask.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 AM

This is not mean to be rude (nor was my other response in a thread of yours), I am simply trying to moderate the forum. Posting all over the place and screaming about how easy another shopping cart system is to use is not going to get you help any faster.[/quote]

Telling me to just read the manual without giving me an answer is rude..and by the way the manual did not have the answer, not for USPS thread that I posted and also not for the Welcome message Thread either, teh manula is Vague on how to change things and makes no mention at all on how to change the welcome screen.

Why not just provide and answer instead of holding my answer hostage??
Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 AM

[quote="balinor"]vdospec,

I have asked you once already...PLEASE read the forum rules. You have now posted this same question in 3 different threads (one of which I removed). One question is more than sufficient. Also, PLEASE update your signature. Each version of X-Cart is different and the answers you get will depend on what version you are using. Instead of asking you each time, it is much easier if your signature simply states this.

If you look at those forum titles I could have posted in the froum also, so that is why I posted in more than one forum, and to get down on someone for that is simply ridicoulus other than to harrass me.

All of this communicatipons and no answers as to how to operate XCart yet, to simple questions, I had to go back to my OSC setup to find out the USPS server name since no one here would answer..

I did not even bother asking for a linkpoint set up as I was getting no responses here.

It seems all you want to do is harrass me.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:13 AM

X-Man

1. Balinor is just doing his job, as a moderator he is responsible for making sure that the customer forum (notice i didn't say tech support) runs smoothly and questions that have been asked and answered many times before are kept to a minimum.

2. If you search the forum for the words "welcome" the answer is to be found

3. if you check this link http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=28149&highlight=welcome you will see the answer 2nd post from the bottom.

Please understand that this forum is not a x-cart supported forum so they don't read the posts in here.

I hope the link above answers your problem.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 AM

Default I did do a search

I did do a search and searched change welcome message but did not find it.

It was explained to me when I bought Xcart that indeed I can recieve support from it's many users.

I am counting on this, as it is one of the factors why I bought it, if it is just for chit chat then I was mislead.

The many Forum Topics seem to indicate that it is for support.

Thank you for your help, and Balinor does not have to have a God Like attitude to get his point accross, doing his job should not have to envlove rudeness to get it done.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Balinor made him ask again, almost begging for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
1. Balinor is just doing his job, as a moderator he is responsible for making sure that the customer forum (notice i didn't say tech support) runs smoothly and questions that have been asked and answered many times before are kept to a minimum.

2. If you search the forum for the words "welcome" the answer is to be found

3. if you check this link http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=28149&highlight=welcome you will see the answer 2nd post from the bottom.

Please understand that this forum is not a x-cart supported forum so they don't read the posts in here.

I hope the link above answers your problem.

Yes if you again look at that link, Balinor is his same old self making people jump though hoops and hurdles to get a straight answer on how to do something simple.

Look at the guy say it's not there as I found out, and Balinor still does not answer..The guy even begs for a page number in the manual..

Whoever said he is just doing his job is wrong, he is acting like God..

If I keep running into this attitude I will be contacting teh owners of Xcart and filing a complaint, glad I still have 29 days to get my money back, I do not need someone as a moderator with a god like atttitude and no help..
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM

X-Man

What you will find is that in general we are all a happy friendly bunch in here but you have to appreciate that when a question gets asked over and over again it can try the patience of a saint.

Most people in here will help where they can (for example one user is creating a SEO mod and giving it away free when it's completed) but if no one answers don't take it to heart as usually the answer is somewhere here to be found.

When it comes to searching these forums remeber that you can use words like AND to string two search terms together so you could use

welcome AND demo in the search area to get a better result.

but for this problem if you just entered

welcome

into the search area then you can find the answer about 3/4 of the way down the page under the thread heading

Quote:
How can I remove the static demo text on the home page?

whilst in a way these forums are for support, they are not x-cart team provided support, it's a customer to customer support forum where we help each other out where possible, so x-cart team have very little to do with what happens in here which is where the mods like balinor come in, i think it's a little harsh saying he has a god like attitude as he does a very good job of keeping these forums running smoothly (along with the other mods), he does it for free and is often a thankless task

Anyways you should be able to find out what you need now, and don't forget to post your site when you have finished it so we can all review it and let you know the good points and also the points where it could be improved (more eyes the better so to speak)
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 AM

X-Man

There is a very good thread on here that you may want to read

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=27066

It may help with some of the things that you will find with x-cart

I've asked the mods to enter into it the "how to change the default welcome text" information

Also do a search for security checklist on here as well , as it's an essential read.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design