Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

PHP Live and OS Ticket

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM

eXpert

Default PHP Live and OS Ticket

I have found two different PHP solutions that I really like, PHP Live and OS Ticket. OS Ticket is a support desk software (free) and PHP Live is a Live Chat system ($149). Has anyone worked with either of these solutions on an XCart install? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help and insight!

-C. Daly
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Default Re: PHP Live and OS Ticket

has anyone had these two problems with the Adapt template?

Specifically with IE, the top menu goes down when we attempt to click on the submenus - ie.put the mouse on 'information' language, etc on dev.zgrum.com (yes, very very strange and unless you try it, you won't believe it) - but it only happens in IE..

Phil had mentioned that he would fix it, but I have not heard back from him since October 10th when I gave him the log on information. He said that it potentially was a bug in the original Adapt code (although I have not seen any new versions for it).

I am awaiting some sort of resolution prior to going live, simply because it truly looks unprofessional and 'strange'.

The other issue, is the bottom of the Adapt template. When we scroll all the way to the bottom, it (on its own) goes up a couple of lines. Not sure why that is happening either.

Other than these two odd quirks, we are very impressed with the template and can't wait to go live ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 AM

X-Guru

No idea why you posted this here... good job I was browsing.

I have updated your altskin.css to fix the IE menu issue, but you might have other IE issues relating to custom coding/features you have added.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
No idea why you posted this here... good job I was browsing.

I have updated your altskin.css to fix the IE menu issue, but you might have other IE issues relating to custom coding/features you have added.

Hi Phil,Thank you for taking the time to fix the code on our site such that it works on IE and it does not bounce any more..

Unfortunately now the top menu is transparent and can't be seen unless we move the mouse by happenstance on it.

The two mods that we had done were to right align it with the edge of the right hand side of the web and make such that it is always visible with the 'white' background we use for the overall site. Would those two changes 'break' the code that bad? Is there more than one place to make those changes?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to the forum post and get us back on track!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedaly1968
I have found two different PHP solutions that I really like, PHP Live and OS Ticket. OS Ticket is a support desk software (free) and PHP Live is a Live Chat system ($149). Has anyone worked with either of these solutions on an XCart install? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help and insight!

-C. Daly

I've used PHPLive in the past - good script, no big issues. While we didn't use it with X-Cart, the integration will be very easy. Basically all you need to do is include one section into the HEAD part of your template, and then you'd just include the other part of the code where you want the "Live Chat" graphic to show up on your site.

Very straight forward and easy to use.

I've not worked with osTicket before.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4