Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Admin System Alternatives

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 AM

Default Admin System Alternatives

Hi there,

We built a website for our client which has been live for about 9 months now. Our client has never been comfortable with the Xcart admin system, finding it hard to navigate and confusing to use.

He came across this tool for Xcart - http://www.xcart-manager.com/

This seems to lay things out in a much more familiar way, and he thinks the window-based layout will be much easier to use. Although I personally do not have any problem using the default Xcart admin system I can see how this Xcart Manager tool may be easier for our client to use on a day-to-day basis.

Has anyone used this system or a similar system before? Is there other systems you would recommend, or others you would avoid using?

Thanks in advance,
John
Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Admin System Alternatives

I use this product and it is an excellent product. The main plus is the importing and exporting products, editing products etc. It does have order management, but if your client takes credit card details from orders instead of them being processed automaticlay then they will still need to use xcart as this program doesnt show the card details.

You also need to make sure that the host provides access to the database - otherwise the use of the software is a bit more tricky - ie it has to download the database, they do their editing and then upload it again.

I think they provide a 2 week demo of the program - give it a go.... its worth the money for the amount of time it saves.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Admin System Alternatives

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Our client uses a third party payment gateway to process card payments, so I don't see that as a problem. We also have full access to the database.

I will download the demo and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your recommendation.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4