Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to receive payment for service sale instead of product sale?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-05-2009, 05:42 AM

eXpert

Default How to receive payment for service sale instead of product sale?

Hi guys,

please help me with the following:

I would like to create a static page where I can direct customers to pay for a service they have bought instead of a product.

Basically I offer a service on my website where if a customer can't find a product that he is looking for because I don't sell such a product the customer can then let me know what the manufacturer number is and then I will source it for him. Because it is not a product that is on my website which mean I will then specially order this item from where ever I can find it I need to be able to direct my customer to a static page where he can then buy this product after he has accepted the quote.

How would I create such a page where the customer can manually input the amount and product name that he was quoted on and then add it to cart as if it is a product and then checkout and pay for the amount quoted.

Is something like this possible? Hope this makes sense? If a static page is not the answer then how would I do something like this?

Please advise

Thanks

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 12-05-2009, 06:04 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: How to receive payment for service sale instead of product sale?

have a look at bcse , they have a similar thin gon thier site where if you have had a quote for custom work you can enter the quote number and amount and process the sale, looke like this is what you are looking for, not sure if it's a mod or not, or if they sell it as a mod though,

hth

Previous Versions included
BCSE Reward Points Mod
Altered Cart On Sale Mod
Wordpress Plugin

Please don't PM me for support. I help where I can on the forum and your question will more likely be answered there.

Shout me a Coffee!

The following user thanks amy2203 for this useful post:
Dan.roh (12-05-2009)
Old 12-05-2009, 06:55 AM

Veteran

How about create a product, hidden but available for sale, with $0 price so customer can enter price and create text field option for the product so they can enter quote # or other info. Then you just send them the link, they fillout the info and checkout

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
Dan.roh (12-05-2009)
Old 12-05-2009, 07:52 AM

eXpert

Thanks Amy,

I have seen that before on bcse site and yes that is what I need, but bcse is snowed under with work this time of year which is understandable and I am still awaiting previous work to be compleated by Carrie so to add more on to the workload for them is not really fair, but thanks any way for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2203
have a look at bcse , they have a similar thin gon thier site where if you have had a quote for custom work you can enter the quote number and amount and process the sale, looke like this is what you are looking for, not sure if it's a mod or not, or if they sell it as a mod though,

hth

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 AM

eXpert

Hi Steve,

I have just tried this. What I have done is create a category "services" and then disabled it, then I created a product and chose the option "hidden but for sale" - it then provided me with the product link below that. I have then placed the product in the "services" category and guess what.... It works as you said! This is the exact same thing bcse has got and as Amy mentioned.

This is great! It allows the customer then to input a price and then checkout, you can even give the Product a name e.g "quote" and then describe to the customer what it is they are paying for. This is the same as what bcse has got!

Thanks Amy and Steve for your input...you made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
How about create a product, hidden but available for sale, with $0 price so customer can enter price and create text field option for the product so they can enter quote # or other info. Then you just send them the link, they fillout the info and checkout

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 12-05-2009, 12:20 PM

Veteran

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4