Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Clean Url settings

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 10-15-2014, 10:58 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Clean Url settings

Good to see you worked it out. It was the dot in (\.(\/|htm|html)) - that's what happens when I don't pay much attention

By the way you can try

RewriteRule ^((([/_a-z0-9-]+)/)?([_a-z0-9-]+)/)?([_a-z0-9-]+)(\/|(\.(htm|html)))?$ cart.php?url=$5&last=$4&rest=$3&ext=$7 [NC,L,QSA]

just to keep the original as well

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
Phil Richman (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Good to see you worked it out. It was the dot in (\.(\/|htm|html)) - that's what happens when I don't pay much attention

By the way you can try

RewriteRule ^((([/_a-z0-9-]+)/)?([_a-z0-9-]+)/)?([_a-z0-9-]+)(\/|(\.(htm|html)))?$ cart.php?url=$5&last=$4&rest=$3&ext=$7 [NC,L,QSA]

just to keep the original as well
I replaced my rewrite rule with your latest suggestion. Now I just need to figure out the clean urls for categories. Currently the category clean urls are 'example.com/category/subcategory1/subcategory2/' and I would like for only the category / subcategory that you are in to show. I'm looking for something more like example.com/subcategory2. I'm wondering if maybe this is an htaccess change also to strip out everything except for the lowest subcategory, or if this is a change in the converter.php or a combo in between. What are your thoughts on this?
Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM

Advanced Member

I'm close to having this the way that I want it to work. I have it only showing the clean url for the categories you are in just fine, but when you go to a product page it shows the last category you came from to get to the product. It is fine if you come from the home page because it is not a category page so it shows only the product clean url. Below is the code from my converter.php. Any ideas or suggestions?

Code:
<?php namespace XLite\Module\Pmall\PmallSkin\Core; abstract class Converter extends \XLite\Core\Converter implements \XLite\Base\IDecorator { public static function buildCleanURL($target = '', $action = '', array $params = array()) { $result = null; $urlParams = array(); if ('product' === $target && empty($action) && !empty($params['product_id'])) { $product = \XLite\Core\Database::getRepo('\XLite\Model\Product')->find($params['product_id']); if (isset($product) && $product->getCleanURL()) { $urlParams[] = $product->getCleanURL() . '/'; unset($params['product_id']); } } if ( ('category' === $target || ('product' === $target && !empty($urlParams))) && empty($action) && !empty($params['category_id']) ) { $category = \XLite\Core\Database::getRepo('\XLite\Model\Category')->find($params['category_id']); if (isset($category) && $category->getCleanURL()) { $urlParams[] = $category->getCleanURL(); } } if (!empty($urlParams)) { unset($params['category_id']); } static::buildCleanURLHook($target, $action, $params, $urlParams); if (!empty($urlParams)) { unset($params['target']); $result = implode('/', array_reverse($urlParams)); if (!empty($params)) { $result .= '?' . http_build_query($params); } } return $result; } }
Old 10-16-2014, 10:01 AM

Advanced Member

Got it. Here is the final code if anyone else is interested in doing this.

Code:
<?php namespace XLite\Module\Pmall\PmallSkin\Core; abstract class Converter extends \XLite\Core\Converter implements \XLite\Base\IDecorator { public static function buildCleanURL($target = '', $action = '', array $params = array()) { $result = null; $urlParams = array(); if ('product' === $target && empty($action) && !empty($params['product_id'])) { $product = \XLite\Core\Database::getRepo('\XLite\Model\Product')->find($params['product_id']); if (isset($product) && $product->getCleanURL()) { $urlParams[] = $product->getCleanURL() . '/'; unset($params['product_id']); } } if ( ('category' === $target && empty($action) && !empty($params['category_id'])) ) { $category = \XLite\Core\Database::getRepo('\XLite\Model\Category')->find($params['category_id']); if (isset($category) && $category->getCleanURL()) { $urlParams[] = $category->getCleanURL(); } } if (!empty($urlParams)) { unset($params['category_id']); } static::buildCleanURLHook($target, $action, $params, $urlParams); if (!empty($urlParams)) { unset($params['target']); $result = implode('/', array_reverse($urlParams)); if (!empty($params)) { $result .= '?' . http_build_query($params); } } return $result; } }

The following user thanks Phil Richman for this useful post:
tony_sologubov (10-17-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 05:15 AM

Hi,

In X-Cart 5.1.3, when Auto generating the Clean URL by default spaces are replaced with "_" underscore.

Is there any configuration setting in X-Cart 5 to change the default auto generation of clean URL to "-" hyphen ?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:37 PM

X-Guru

Hello Vanaja,

The "-" is the default character for URL rewrites, but it might be changed in your configuration file.

Please check what value is specified for the "default_separator" setting in your [xc5]/etc/config.php file.

-------

UPDATE:
I've just realized that you use the 5.1.3 version.
This version is outdated and may have no such a setting in the configuration file.
Why don't you upgrade to the most recent 5.1.9?

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

Last edited by qualiteam : 12-18-2014 at 11:40 PM.

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
Vanaja (12-18-2014)
Old 12-22-2014, 03:45 AM

Hi there,

I have upgraded X Cart version to 5.1.9. But still facing an issue with Clean URL generation.

I want my clean urls spaces to be separated by hyphen (-) instead of underscore (_).

I have set "default_separator" value to "-" in [xc5]/etc/config.php file.

I have checked the core files and found that '_' is the default separator is static in the below code.

In this file [xc5]/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/ConverterAbstract.php, check the below line.

'_' => '32,47,92,172,173,8211', # Replace spaces/slashes by the $subst_symbol('_' by default)

Click image for larger version

Name:	cleanurl.png
Views:	414
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	4025

Can anyone check this and let me know the solution for this problem?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2014, 04:16 AM

X-Guru

Hi Vanaja,

I'll check this with the XC5 developers.

Thanks!

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 12-24-2014, 06:35 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Vanaja!

Judging by the code, the correct replacement should happen, but it does not. Please, report this bug into bt.x-cart.com.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)