Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

CDSEO doesn't generate urls 'on the fly' but there's an auto-populate feature which will populate all empty fields with the click of a button. We also have an admin addon that can be used enter the SEO information at the time of items.

Be default it wouldn't generate a manufacturer-product-keyword url format. Those could be entered in manually.

You could customize your items to auto-populate when added, and customize your url format, though the 'keyword' portion of the url would be difficult to populate unless you had a general keyword to insert.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

we have cdseopro installed and it seems to work well. however, if i change a product in xcart via admin. ie: change title from Liquid Force MP3 player to Freestyle Audio 2gb MP3 Player. this change does not show in the title, address, product, etc. do i really have to go into CDSEOpro and rename it again for every single product that i change in xcart?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMICKITES
we have cdseopro installed and it seems to work well. however, if i change a product in xcart via admin. ie: change title from Liquid Force MP3 player to Freestyle Audio 2gb MP3 Player. this change does not show in the title, address, product, etc. do i really have to go into CDSEOpro and rename it again for every single product that i change in xcart?

The long answer:
CDSEO was purposefully distinguished from product titles so that when products were renamed, search engine positioning would not be affected, and urls would not become broken (like some previous url mods including the html catalog). Also because often SEO data is optimized from something other than the product title alone.

The short answer:
Yes.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Advanced Member

ok, so if i got this right.

if i make a NEW item in admin xcart, CDSEO will take care of the product name so it matches automatically?

but, if i take an existing item and change the wording of the product name, cdseo will not pickup on that change and I will have to go in and do it manually?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:59 PM

X-Guru

Correct, if you want CDSEO to auto-populate then it will use the product name and after will not change unless you do so manually.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Advanced Member

one more question (for now at least):
can you give an example how the Meta Keywords and MEta Description field should read?

this would be very helpful as i dont fully understand how to best fill them in.

thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Thanks for your answers Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
CDSEO doesn't generate urls 'on the fly' but there's an auto-populate feature which will populate all empty fields with the click of a button. We also have an admin addon that can be used enter the SEO information at the time of items.
I don't fully understand the auto-populate feature but I think I'll go ahead and take the gamble. The price seems fair enough to me I hardly ever go into the X-Cart backend because I don't need to. All products are updated via our own offline database in Access. Maybe I can talk to our Access developer and let him add a field to fill in the URL when the products get uploaded to our website, do you think would this be possible Jon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
You could customize your items to auto-populate when added, and customize your url format, though the 'keyword' portion of the url would be difficult to populate unless you had a general keyword to insert.
The keyword would indeed be general, we only sell projector lamps so the keyword would be lamp, it's also multilingual so I don't expect any problems here.

www.vervangjelamp.nl
X-Cart Gold 4.2.0, PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.37-standard, Apache/2

Sorry for the weird user name, I registered it by mistake
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 AM

X-Guru

You could add fields to your access database and customize your import to put the new fields into the wcm_cdseo database table. Alternatively you could also just import and then run the auto-populate feature, or you could customize the ability to run the auto-populate feature from cron.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:49 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrtrtrytrutru
it's also multilingual so I don't expect any problems here.

Note CDSEO currently only provides SEO customization in the primary language.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Advanced Member

hey jon, youre the expert here. please let me know the following:

can you give an example how the Meta Keywords and MEta Description field should read?

this would be very helpful as i dont fully understand how to best fill them in.

thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4