Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

UK Shipping Countries Nothern Ireland & Channel Islands

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-03-2006, 02:26 PM

Advanced Member

Default UK Shipping Countries Nothern Ireland & Channel Islands

I've seen a couple of posts on Northern Ireland, Channel Islands (Guernsey Jersey), Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and I've spent hours trying to sort how to sort adding countries and shipping prices to these countries so here we are.

I've investigated the ISO number, codes and they are fully compatible. This means that the below countries will not be overwritten etc by new country codes. Of course it will be up to you whether you have Jersey etc as I country.

If you wish you can investigate the ISO codes and change them to your preference but I don't see any point!

Go to Patch and Upgrade and run this:

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('IM','IMN',833,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Isle of Man','country_IM','Isle of Man','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Isle of Man','language_IM','English','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('JE','JEY',832,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Jersey','country_JE','Jersey','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Jersey','language_JE','English','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('GG','GGY',831,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Guernsey','country_GG','Guernsey','Countrie s');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Guernsey','language_GG','English','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('ZZ','ZZZ',999,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Northern Ireland','country_ZZ','Northern Ireland','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Northern Ireland','language_ZZ','English','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('XY','XXY',998,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Isle of Wight','country_XY','Isle of Wight','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Isle of Wight','language_XY','English','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('XX','XXX',997,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','UK Offshore','country_XX','UK Offshore','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of UK Offshore','language_XX','English','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('XV','XXV',996,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','UK BFPO','country_XV','UK BFPO','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of UK BFPO','language_XV','English','Languages');

This will work on 4.0.17 and 4.0.18 and possibly previous versions but can't list as I haven't used these versions.

Here is the official example info that I got from xcart support which I don't think is a great example:

---
INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('US','USA',840,'NA','iso-8859-1','Y','','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_country_currencies VALUES ('USD','US');
INSERT INTO xcart_currencies VALUES ('USD',840,'US Dollar','$');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','United States','country_US','United States','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of United States','language_US','English','Languages');
---

Any questions or thanks please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 06-27-2007, 05:14 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: UK Shipping Countries Nothern Ireland & Channel Islands

Has anyone got this working with 4.1.8? I had to remove:
,'Countries'
,'Languages'
from every 2nd and 3rd insert line.
But I still don't see the results in X-Cart although everything imported without errors and looks fine in MySQL.
Server: Linux
Old 06-27-2007, 05:48 AM

Advanced Member

Opps! Got my field order mixed up. Its working now.
Server: Linux
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polvo
Opps! Got my field order mixed up. Its working now.

Can you show me how you added the isle of man? .. I seem to be struggling.

Thanks & Regards

Shafiq :sK
MySQL 5.6.37
CentOS 7.4

Chamber Internet
- Lancashire, United Kingdom
http://www.chamberelancs.co.uk
Old 07-24-2007, 02:29 AM

X-Wizard

Here is how I did it in 4.1.8:

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('IM','IMN',833,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_IM','Isle of Man','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','language_IM','Language of Isle of Man','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('ZZ','ZZZ',999,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_ZZ','Northern Ireland','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','language_ZZ','Language of Northern Ireland','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('JE','JEY',832,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_JE','Jersey','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','language_JE','Language of Jersey','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('GG','GGY',831,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_GG','Guernsey','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','language_GG','Language of Guernsey','Languages');

Regards

Shafiq :sK
MySQL 5.6.37
CentOS 7.4

Chamber Internet
- Lancashire, United Kingdom
http://www.chamberelancs.co.uk
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Advanced Member

I tried this, but the problem is i use PayPal Pro and now when someone tries to checkout and they aren't from the uk Mainland they receive the eror:

--- Advanced info ---
Reason: Declined Error: This transaction cannot be processed. Please use a valid country on the billing address. (Code: 10746, Severity: )

X-Cart version 4.0.19 Gold

Mods installed:
CDSEO
Tab Product Menu
Easy Checkout
Froogle Feed
Shopping.com Feed
Remember Me
Pleasent Payment Details
Recently Viewed Products
Google Checkout
TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Hi,

I need to get this working for version 4.1.9. Does anybody know how i need to modify the date i.e.:

INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_IM','Isle of Man','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','language_IM','Language of Isle of Man','Languages');

...to work with version 4.1.9?

Thanks
Jason
Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 AM

Advanced Member

Smile Re: UK Shipping Countries Nothern Ireland & Channel Islands

4.1.9 version:

INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Isle of Man','language_IM','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_JE','Jersey','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Jersey','language_JE','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_GG','Guernsey','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Guernsey','language_GG','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_ZZ','Northern Ireland','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Northern Ireland','language_ZZ','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('XY','XXY',998,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_XY','Isle of Wight','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of Isle of Wight','language_XY','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('XX','XXX',997,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_XX','UK Offshore','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of UK Offshore','language_XX','Languages');

INSERT INTO xcart_countries VALUES ('XV','XXV',996,'EU','iso-8859-1','Y','D','Y');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','country_XV','UK BFPO','Countries');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Language of UK BFPO','language_XV','Languages');
Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 AM

Quick question, has anyone got this working for 4.3.0 yet??
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions